• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LFE-Tournament (June, 2014)
Behold, a new tournament is in town!

LFE-Tournament (June, 2014): Double Elimination
» Rules
» Participants
» Pairings
» The winners

This is going to be a little smaller, so that's why I don't go all-in with Round Robin or anything like that. I have stuff to do, so it'd be cool if you could contribute as much as you can to guarantee the success of this tournament. Thanks! ;)

Rules:
  • Use an unmodified version of LF2 v2.0(a)
  • The winner of a pairing is decided by "Best of Five": 5 matches are fought, the one that has more wins succeeds. In case of a tie, another match is to be fought. Please also mention the final score for the sake of completeness!
  • As proof, all matches are to be recorded and posted, for example on http://lf2replays.appspot.com/ with a link to the replays in a post here.
  • Participants may pick their characters, as long as the character is selectable via Random.
  • For each match, you must pick a different character! It is expected of you to settle with your opponent who picks first (if you do not choose Random).
  • The default background is HK-coliseum. If both opponents agree, a different background may be chosen.
  • Usage of the Function-keys is prohibited (ie. F6, F7, F8, F9). The same applies for entering the cheat (lf2.net) which would allow a transformation of Louis to Louis EX at full HP.
  • Any item may be used in any way (this includes drinking milk or beer as well as using an unlimited number of Freeze's ice-swords)
  • Combos may not exceed 250 damage (1/2 of the maximum HP). If the opponent tries to escape but is immediately caught in some sort of new combo, the damage counts towards the first combo.
  • Do not lengthen the Dance of Pain
  • Transformation of Louis into Louis EX is allowed
  • Attack limits per fight:
    •    
    • Henry: 1x D^J

• Davis: 4x D^A

• Rudolf: 2x D^J + 2x DvJ
  • When a participant gives up, his opponent will automatically be the winner of that duel.
  • If two opponents do not fight each other (due to organizational problems), a winner will be chosen randomly by me.

The joining-phase ends on Tuesday, June 17th!!
Round 1 ends on Sunday, June 29th!!
Round 2 ends on Sunday, July 6th!!
Round 3 ends on Sunday, July 13th!!
Round 4 ends on Sunday, August 10th!! (or anytime closer if all matches have been fought)

Good luck to all participants :)

Useful programs to connect to each other:
  • LogMeIn Hamachi
    Rooms: LFE-Tournament-1, LFE-Tournament-2, LFE-Tournament-3, LFE-Tournament-4, LFE-Tournament-5
    Pass: tournament
  • LF2 Lobby (your virus-scanner might give a false-positive; the program is clean)
  • Tunngle
If you need help, please check this page.

Participants: (links let you send a PM to this user)
  1. Amadis
  2. LutiChris
  3. Bamboori
  4. Nyamaiku
  5. xmfcx
  6. TheKidd
  7. Dr.Death
  8. Eddie
  9. Appendix
  10. Evan Izaak
  11. Conqueror
  12. LeoGautama
  13. octoplus
  14. prince_freeza
  15. Riki
  16. Azriel

Ruleset for the Double Elimination tournament system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-elim...tournament

Pairings: http://challonge.com/LFE_Tournament_062014

Note: You can scroll left/right by dragging with your mouse in the above window.

The winners:
  1. Dr.Death
  2. Azriel
  3. LeoGautama
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Joinage is a must for me.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
Woohoo! count me in^^
BP Wrote:Attack limits per fight:
  • ◦Henry: 1x D^J
    ◦Davis: 4x D^A
    ◦Rudolf: 2x D^J + 2x DvJ

Q: If you accidently use a move and miss does it still count or does it have to be a hit in order for it to actually count?
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
ahhh why not :D count me in.

about new character each match: does that mean a new character for each fight in a match, or can i use 5 character for a whole match and then never use it again in the tournament?
Thanks given by:
im joining. but can you add some other limits?

Dennis and John:
-D^A: not more than 2 allowed on the map at once. i have seen too many tournaments ended with D^A spams.
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by:
(06-13-2014, 04:57 PM)LutiChris Wrote:  Q: If you accidently use a move and miss does it still count or does it have to be a hit in order for it to actually count?
A: Yes, it counts, no matter the result.

(06-13-2014, 04:59 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  about new character each match: does that mean a new character for each fight in a match, or can i use 5 character for a whole match and then never use it again in the tournament?
New character in each fight. There is no correlation between matches.

edit: welp, looks like I got ninja'd :ninjad:
(06-13-2014, 05:07 PM)Nyamaiku Wrote:  Dennis and John:
-D^A: not more than 2 allowed on the map at once. i have seen too many tournaments ended with D^A spams.
Dennis' D^A can be rebound which allows you to "spam" projectiles with no mp. John's D^A takes fairly long to regenerate and it can be easily avoided. From my personal experience, only those people spam that try to cover their lack of skills :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I don't have Hamachi, only LF2 Lobby. ._.

@xmfcx
Cool New Pic dude :P.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
I join.
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I JOIN!!!!
Thanks given by:
Could we add that you are only allowed to kill your opponent by transforming in LouisEX else you will automaticly lose the fight? LouisEX is "kinda" strong..
Drinking allowed too? meh

I will join too anyway tho

PS: I rly appreciate the character switching

EDIT: People can find me in the 4th Hamachi Room
[Image: 78f0db68c4.jpg]
Thanks given by: