Poll: Is my sprites [choices of votes]?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Awesome
25.00%
8 25.00%
Not good/bad
62.50%
20 62.50%
Terrible!
12.50%
4 12.50%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Tania's Sprites
First of all, *Previous thread has been deleted due to the unpopularity of it*.
I made these sprites in TWO days! (not meaning to boast or whatever it is)
Well, I've just got like "I can sprite better" or something... so I tried to sprite and TADAH!
Here:
*Uploading with a dial-up modem*
Teh Sprites! (Click to View)
And btw everyone, my sprites SERIOUSLY suck, need some [caps-lock-spam]SUGGESTIONS AND HINTS GUYS! ALSO PLEASE VOTE![/caps-lock-spam]
Did I also uploaded too much sprites?
Thx,
~Taniaetc
[Image: abstractdaad.png]
Graphic Stuff|Tania|Indo Fighter|Sprites|Comics|
News of my days: My graphics skills will go better. Eventually...
Thanks given by:
i actually quite like your sprites.
they look like my sprites when i started out :D

my favourite one is this guy though
[Image: serth.png]
he's nice and clean, even though he may be missing an arm :P

in general, they are pretty good. Soon enough, you will be able to move onto making chars from scratch!

a tip, with your glows, i can see that you are trying to make it look kinda firey like, yes?
solid blocks arent really good for glows. usually, make a custom shape just with your mouse, and pretend its like an upside down jellyfish, and have the tentacles coming out the top.
(im referring to indo, and frozone and the bomber guy)

hint, do polls really matter, or do you think some actual feedback will help more?
Thanks given by:
(02-23-2010, 08:13 AM)Alectric Wrote:  i actually quite like your sprites.
they look like my sprites when i started out :D
Heheh, thanks Alectric.
(02-23-2010, 08:13 AM)Alectric Wrote:  my favourite one is this guy though
[Image: serth.png]
he's nice and clean, even though he may be missing an arm :P
Erm his arm is on the back (based on Deep). Also the sprite (for me) is a bit crappy I think.
(02-23-2010, 08:13 AM)Alectric Wrote:  in general, they are pretty good. Soon enough, you will be able to move onto making chars from scratch!
Maybe, I'm not really good at making chars from scratch since I need a base.
(02-23-2010, 08:13 AM)Alectric Wrote:  a tip, with your glows, i can see that you are trying to make it look kinda firey like, yes?
solid blocks arent really good for glows. usually, make a custom shape just with your mouse, and pretend its like an upside down jellyfish, and have the tentacles coming out the top.
(im referring to indo, and frozone and the bomber guy)
Yeah, I used a line tool which is kinda liny.

(02-23-2010, 08:13 AM)Alectric Wrote:  hint, do polls really matter, or do you think some actual feedback will help more?
The poll is just for, er like to see do people like my sprites or not. Feedbacks are helpful to me because it tells "what should I improve".:D
Thanks given by:
well i liked your sprites my fav one is the same that alec pointed. i would like to see a char like that.
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
I have to agree with alec. Actually they are quite nice( though, as he pointed out, glow needs a bit of work.)
I somehow like the first one, the whole design just fits for me. All the c + p stuff is neatly made, so maybe you want to go over to redrawing more stuff.
Two little tips:
- Keep in mind that you shouldn't use fully saturated("neon") colours like in unnamed #2. they just don't look realisitic.
- A common mistake is to make the hair too small like you did for Erichthonius. Look at the hair of other LF2-chars and try to make it in a similar size.
- aw, third thing, what the heck? Anyway, don't name your thread something with idiot or sucky. They aren't and it won't make you feel good. Though you also shouldn't call it "amazing", "great", "fantastic" :D
Oh and there is an option for the poll between awesome and not good missing...
Thanks given by:
prince_freeza Wrote:well i liked your sprites my fav one is the same that alec pointed. i would like to see a char like that.
That would take forever since I'm too lazy to sprite :D.
Reaper Wrote:I have to agree with alec. Actually they are quite nice( though, as he pointed out, glow needs a bit of work.)
Yeah I'm bad in glows, need to IMPROVE.
Reaper Wrote:I somehow like the first one, the whole design just fits for me. All the c + p stuff is neatly made, so maybe you want to go over to redrawing more stuff.
You mean the assassin bomber? Yeah I was "wandering" around my comp and that was made just for fun.
Reaper Wrote:Two little tips:
- Keep in mind that you shouldn't use fully saturated("neon") colours like in unnamed #2. they just don't look realisitic. - Should I desaturate those colours?
- A common mistake is to make the hair too small like you did for Erichthonius. Look at the hair of other LF2-chars and try to make it in a similar size. - I will try to make his hair bigger, I suck at hair spriting
- aw, third thing, what the heck? Anyway, don't name your thread something with idiot or sucky. They aren't and it won't make you feel good. Though you also shouldn't call it "amazing", "great", "fantastic" :D - Title changed
Oh and there is an option for the poll between awesome and not good missing... - Don't understand
edit: gonna be offline soon, I'll post some more sprites tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
*crash*
sorry for 2xpost, but here it is, as I promised:
[Image: knian.png]
Dah sucky fusion of Julian and Knight.
[Image: serth2.png]
Serth again, but this time a bit sucky. Just noticed that his boomerang has a different colour
[Image: unnamed4.png]
Unnamed #4, he's got a new hair (thanks to Alectric for his hair tut).
[Image: unnamed5.png]
Just recolor of Deep with a shaded hair and new sword (this sprite is used as a base for Serth).
Argh! I'm a HORRIBLE spriter! PLZ help!
100th post! yay!
Thanks given by:
i like the last one you made. why didnt you make your rep char in that method? its better than a re colored dennis.
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
seems like u have improved a lot yes really. NIce shading esp. the firzen, i like it. U got a nice skill of using scratches some doesn't fit esp that man ... [Image: justknight.png]
the phants dont match his dress. better make his phants as julians :D (i don like it personally but dunno others like)
Thanks given by:
(02-26-2010, 02:34 PM)firzenx Wrote:  seems like u have improved a lot yes really. NIce shading esp. the firzen, i like it. U got a nice skill of using scratches some doesn't fit esp that man ... [Image: justknight.png]
the phants dont match his dress. better make his phants as julians :D (i don like it personally but dunno others like) - Don't worry about it, I'll edit that soon.
Here's da edit:
[Image: justknight.png]
[Image: julianchief.png]
Another boss in Indo Fighter 2.
[Image: taniasprite.png]
I made myself from scratch and it sucks XD.
[Image: templatet.png]
My version of Julizen.
Yes guys I'm kinda active now in making facepics. But sadly when I uploaded in in ImageShack it doesn't show up, only black squares that's all.
Thanks given by: