Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
laying and dying
so i got into making characters and was thinking of a couple ideas.
one of them involved having different frames for laying and dying, basically i want something else to happen when the character dies.

is it possible in any way to do that?

if it is not possible to make different frames, is it possible to make the character disappear after dying but not after falling?

i have a lot of questions regarding Data changing so if people are kind enough to answer i'll ask in the same thread.
Thanks given by:
It might be possible. I'm a bit rusty on DCing stuff, but if I remember correctly, a character that is 'dead' will keep looping the lying frame with wait: 0. So if you make the lying frame have wait 0 or 1 and use next: to some other frame, that should work as a 'lying but not dead' frame.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Cabba , Bamboori
cool, that's an interesting solution, but different than what i needed, i was intending for something special to happen at death itself, but i guess that would be impossible.
but thanks for the answer.

another question, is it possible to make a move, that would go to one of many options randomly?
for example, like when pressing A and it goes to frames 60 or 65 for a punch.(in template)
Thanks given by:
As Ramond mentioned, death works by simply getting the state 14 frame(in this case lying) to wait 0 and looping into itself.
(04-16-2018, 11:50 PM)Cabba Wrote:  cool, that's an interesting solution, but different than what i needed, i was intending for something special to happen at death itself, but i guess that would be impossible.
It is possible to make a move happen upon death. All you need to do is put an opoint in the "dead" frame itself - normally the opoint never works, but because it loops into itself on death, the opoint would then work when you are dead - and this has a lot of implications for making a "move after death".

(04-16-2018, 11:50 PM)Cabba Wrote:  another question, is it possible to make a move, that would go to one of many options randomly?
for example, like when pressing A and it goes to frames 60 or 65 for a punch.(in template)
One way is to use a self-catch or itr kind 8 with multiple different arest itrs in the same frame. Another way if you need more options is to use a weapon and drop it (which would lead it to randomly go to any of the frames 0-15)
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Cabba
ok, wow, somehow you found exactly the things that i needed.
they are a bit complex i gotta say but i will take my time to understand and use them.
thanks a lot Ramond and STM.
Thanks given by: