Sprite/Data by @STM1993
AI by @TheNave

BETA - making completely new id AI at the moment

[Image: fSWQYqP.png][Image: 7TCksN4.gif]
[Image: loPFZcq.png]

Mediafire Download Link
Note: Version from mainsite is v2.99.

Introduction:
"Hailing from the southern lands, Steiner appears to be nothing more than a tiny common man. However, it is this Little Fighter who took down an entire bandit gang by himself, blasting his enemies with hadoukens and then blinking away before they can react.

Having arrived in Lion Forest, Steiner joins the other Little Fighters in their adventure. Does he have what it takes to defeat the mighty Julian?"

About Steiner:
Steiner is a representative character of myself, based off my own playstyle in LF2. He is a mix of things I liked of various LF2 character, and his style is influenced by Akuma from Street Fighter and Vergil from the Devil May Cry series.

Steiner started off because: A) I got frustrated at LF2's Stage mode forcing you to rely on building up an army, and B) Something felt missing in each LF2 hero. So I decided to make a character representing myself - both in character and in playstyle. After MANY major revisions, I've finally arrived at Version 2.99 as of this post. The end result is a character who doesn't hit hard and lacks reach, but is surprisingly agile and good at breaking defenses - an excellent duelist and not too bad at crowd control.

Old Videos (Click to View)
[Image: nB0hoZs.gif]

Original Post (Click to View)
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
For the sprites, you might want to check this thread out: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=8862
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: STM1993 , Deep
for char generator STM char will loose its "pixelness"
Useful
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2015, 03:18 PM)Mono Wrote:  for char generator STM char will loose its "pixelness"

He could actually keep that, there is a method for that in Photoshop
I'll post it when I'll be back at home
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2015, 09:01 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  @Dr A (below): Thanks, I've seen that thread and I'm hoping to do that for my sprites, that's why I'm drawing out the individual parts of the character first. I haven't used Photoshop before though, currently using MS Paint.
Oh, it's not Photoshop, but Macromedia Flash.

@Mono: I doubt he'd like to keep the pixels though :P.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
I'm not too worried about the sprite quality when doing the part placement though, it won't be too hard to touch up once the character's stance is in place.
Anyway, I just got Photoshop CS6, figured out rotation, transparency, a bit on layers - but still have no idea how to flip images. I guess this is a start (left is what I manually drew out on MS Paint by tracing Davis, right is placing parts(without editting the length etc).
This is after adjusting each layer. I noticed rotation isn't very reliable; I can't get the pixels to form exactly the way it shops on Photoshop, in practice it'd always realign a bit strangely. Also a little annoyed at how to accept/cancel changes; would appreciate some shortcut buttons.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by:
Ctrl+alt+z
Ctrl+shift+z
Those 2 will get u back and froth in ur history for longer mistakes

If u select a specific layer or use the selection tool on specific things u can go to Edit and will have the option to flip around there

Few more:
B - brush
Hold alt when using brush will get u the color picker
E - eraser
L - lasso tool
Ctrl + J - duplicate layer
Ctrl + T - transform
When using brush this '[' and ']' will change brush size
Ctrl + A - select all
Ctrl + U - hue/saturation changer
Ctrl + shift + v - paste on the same location
Ctrl + shift + X - modifying window thingy

Now to keep things not lose quality
When u change the whole img size
Under image > image size
U will see there at the bottom something the choose quality thing
I mainly use Billiner and Nearest neighbor
Those are the first 2

It will act the same when u re size a specific layer or selection
After clicking Ctrl + T for the transform tool
U will have that same choosing part for quality in the tool bar at the top of the window
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: STM1993 , Deep
Changelog
URL = http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...#pid190827
15th March 2015, GMT +8 (19:00) (Click to View)
16th March 2015, GMT +8 (04:00) (Click to View)
16th March 2015, GMT +8 (18:30) (Click to View)
17th March 2015, GMT +8 (01:30) (Click to View)
17th March 2015, GMT +8 (16:15) (Click to View)
29th March 2015, GMT +8 (18:00) (Click to View)
30th March 2015, GMT +8 (01:10-23:20) (Click to View)
31st March 2015, GMT +8 (19:30) (Click to View)
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , Jahvansi , Deep , A-Man , Ariyan , AmadisLFE
The area around the elbows look too stiff and straight.
Wouldn't hurt if you went over it and let the white shirt (?) curve a little. It should follow the shape of the arm, not be a straight box.

Overall it looks somewhat alright, not all too amazing, but pretty okay.
Although if you cleverly copy-paste the upper body of a LF2 character, I think you could increase the quality of the sprites a lot.

STM Wrote:* STM carries heavy weapons directly in front of him, allowing him to naturally block some hits. He also throws straight forward, so short enemies directly in front of him can still get hit.
This sounds like a pretty cool idea! I once wanted to do this myself for Jules, I think.
Ended up looking a little funky if you change direction while holding a weapon (the weapon would make a weird "jump" then), but maybe you can somehow avoid that with DCing.
Thanks given by: LutiChris , STM1993
(03-16-2015, 03:21 PM)Lauli Wrote:  The area around the elbows look too stiff and straight.
Wouldn't hurt if you went over it and let the white shirt (?) curve a little. It should follow the shape of the arm, not be a straight box.

Overall it looks somewhat alright, not all too amazing, but pretty okay.
Although if you cleverly copy-paste the upper body of a LF2 character, I think you could increase the quality of the sprites a lot.
Noted, but I doubt I'd be changing that because I can't really rotate/transform the arms to fit any better. The sprites are all done by simply copy-pasting the individual limbs and then rotated until I think they look good. Maybe a future sprite update I'll improve on that. I have considered pasting over a standard LF2 character, but I wanted him to have a more unique animation.

Thanks for the advice!

Quick update:
Cleared most of the black spots in 1st sprite sheet.
I've started working on 2nd sprite sheet.

Here's a short video, enjoy!
old video (Click to View)
(Frame rate is 20. If you want to see how fast the animations really are, toggle YouTube speed to x1.5)
I forgot to show the jumping/crouch animation, it actually looks really smooth >_>
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by: Deep , A-Man , Jahvansi