Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 different stage modes.
hey i just wanna know if this is possible, not how it can be done.

I was thinking of doing this thing where you have 2 options in the main menu screen, titled "GOOD GUYS" and "VILLAINS", then when you go into the good guys char selection menu, it shows the good guy characters, based on their ID's, and then when you go to the Villain menu char selection, you get a whole different selection of chars, based on their ID's.

Then when you start the stage mode, you'll have a good-guys stage mode, and a villains stage mode, each with different chars.

Possible or not?
is it too difficult to even bother?

btw, this is NOT a request, i want to know if it is worth doing something like this or not.
Thanks given by:
You can just create 2 different EXEs that read from different data.txt files and different stage.dat files. Alternatively, just make them two separate mods.

I'm not sure of the possibility since I don't HEX edit, but I don't see a need to actually do this.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
It's possible, I can imagine how it'd be done and I'm pretty sure it's achieveable. However, like everything it's just work work work Alec. It is well worth the time investment though and will probably help to improve any coding skills later on.

if you're going for it, I wish you the best of luck.
What characters were you gonna put as evil, and what as good?
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by:
It implies adding a new menu which is a quite nasty deal. Instead, I guess STM's solution is the most easy and most effective one. Technically it should be possible with hex but it's really no nice work....
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Remember lf2 julians wars? I saw Jerry Hawk exe read a different stage data.

If you play his mod with a normal exe you won't see those stages.

Bad guys exe that read that file stage data and good guys you could use 2.0/2.0a.

Already possible indeed.

http://www.lf-empire.de/lfev9/en/lfe-fil...lian-war-2

Jerry Hawk did that.

I got to say I love his mod.
Thanks given by: