Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loading of 2.0 is slow here
I don't know why, but the Loading of 2.0 version is very slow here, only the loading, the game play is normal.
The loading of 1.9c is fast, complete in about 15 secs, but the 2.0 about 2 min :|

I have 1gb mbram, someone knows what can be?
Thanks given by:
hmmm, that makes me wonder now.... I actually don't have the feeling that it takes longer on my computer, it could be just a matter of some seconds over here...

does anything interfere with your computer's capacities, like other programs running in the background, for example a search service that indexes you HD in the background and thus decreasing your speed? Honestly, I don't have the slightest idea why just 2.0 is so slow, and 1.9c not. Sorry :(
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2008, 05:57 PM)Alves Wrote:  I don't know why, but the Loading of 2.0 version is very slow here, only the loading, the game play is normal.
The loading of 1.9c is fast, complete in about 15 secs, but the 2.0 about 2 min :|

I have 1gb mbram, someone knows what can be?

erm, interesting, since it's different for me:

1.9 has fast loading but lag in gameplay if there#re a lot of objects
1.9c and 2.0 have both long loading (not sure which is longer) but no lag...

maybe I can ask marti what he changed about this...

---

LFE: hi marti
Marti: hi
LFE: erm, a small question
Marti: yes
LFE: about loading dat.-files at the beginning of the game
did you change anything from 1.9, 1.9c and 2.0?
since in 1.9 dat.-files load a lot faster then in 2.0
is there a difference?
Marti: 1.9 is faster than 1.9c, 1.9c should be same as 2.0
the difference between 1.9 and 1.9c is that
1.9c will flip all the bmp files at load time
so that flipping need not be done in runtime
flipping is so slow in some computer. causing that when enemies facing left, the game becomes slow. when enemies facing right, the game becomes fast
LFEh: that's all?
Marti: yup
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
I have slower loading in 2.0 than 1.9c too.
Thanks given by:
that's coz there's bgm (adds another thread to the computer's "to do" list) so it has to stop every now and then to send the next bit of music to the speakers. Volume 0 doesn't change anything coz it just dims the sound rather than stopping the sending of the sound

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
Alves Wrote:Only the loading; the game play is normal.
(hint azzy)

Anyway, I read in another post (i forget which one it is) that it's bcuz the game flips the sprites during the loading process instead of the game itself.
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
mean >this< one? :P

hmmm, might be that there are several things that make the game slower. First one, the background music. Second, the blinking of the loading text (although I doubt that this should be a performance issue). Third, handling the ads. Fourth, disabling the scenario that happens when you click on the window while it's loading; always responding applications might use you computer's resources more.

Kayz, that's everything I can imagine right now :P
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: