Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
graphical chronology
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2186]

Alien, Bluna, Silva, Frozen, Mina, ¿PWNAGE?, Julio, armored Julio, Beeya, YinYin, JulianEX, Curly, Celsius, Frena, ?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3106]

Bluna, Silva, Frozen, Mina, Marshall, TempDavis, MaskedFiren (both requests, but I cannot remember who wanted them), Azriel, Julio, Beeya, YinYin, Curly, MaskedMarshall, Jun, ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

whoah, what is that last joker template? have you made more of him?
Thanks given by:
it's about time...
It's a very nice arrangement...
btw i just added ya to the member list
i hope we see more of your sprites...
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
Reminds me of my thread D:
Oh well actually I copied your style of adding the shadows and everything, oh well.

Anyways, kinda interesting leap (?) between Frozen and Mina.
The first sprites had some pixelated elements, and then they have that kinda smooth shading.
Hard to explain :P
Thanks given by:
The only sprite I wasn't around for you to produce would be the alien one. Amazingly I can remember every other one. You never ceased to amaze me with your ability to maintain such high quality sprites throughout your years YinYin.

Ironically, I see just a stream of high quality sprites here. The funny thing is this was done over a few years time. None the less, I said it before for most of these. But amazing works right there.

Reminds me of times on the 13th zone.... its a shame that we lost most of those who frequented the 13th zone. Have you by any chance kept in contact with them?

Marshall edited this post 10-18-2010 03:14 PM because:
looking at my mental list of active and notable 13thzone members, we are missing FX, VGKA, Matt and Krawlzer. The others: Ciryus, Leo, Travois, Kim_Bo, Mugen

The rest that are still around: YinYin, Apoc, Sieg, Kim_Bo,Travois; I have Leo's contact, spotted FX visiting the ruins a month or two ago
Thanks given by:
(10-17-2010, 06:05 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  whoah, what is that last joker template? have you made more of him?

maybe my signature answers a little on that

(10-17-2010, 06:41 PM)Lauli Wrote:  Anyways, kinda interesting leap (?) between Frozen and Mina.
The first sprites had some pixelated elements, and then they have that kinda smooth shading.
Hard to explain :P

crop cut transform and paste VS hand drawn
i dont actually see the leap myself there

(10-18-2010, 02:56 PM)Chishio Wrote:  The only sprite I wasn't around for you to produce would be the alien one.

the alien one was the first sheet i fully drew myself - i thought i should include it as it has more right to be here than the cut and paste sprites

(10-18-2010, 02:56 PM)Chishio Wrote:  Amazingly I can remember every other one. You never ceased to amaze me with your ability to maintain such high quality sprites throughout your years YinYin.
Ironically, I see just a stream of high quality sprites here. The funny thing is this was done over a few years time.

apparently you do not know or remember the sprites that could prove you wrong, which i could not find or did not include :p
(its funny how i never saved single sprites i didnt like - gotta search online)

(10-18-2010, 02:56 PM)Chishio Wrote:  Reminds me of times on the 13th zone.... its a shame that we lost most of those who frequented the 13th zone. Have you by any chance kept in contact with them?

it may sound cruel but i dont see anyone lost - most are registered and even active here and the ones that aren't had a tendency to be inactive anyway, but it shouldnt be too hard contacting any of them if you need to

(10-18-2010, 02:56 PM)Marshall Wrote:  looking at my mental list of active and notable 13thzone members, we are missing FX, VGKA, Matt and Krawlzer. The others: Ciryus, Leo, Travois, Kim_Bo, Mugen
The rest that are still around: YinYin, Apoc, Sieg, Kim_Bo,Travois; I have Leo's contact, spotted FX visiting the ruins a month or two ago

what about hell fighter? also was anyone strictly tied to 13thzone only?
i can contact matt and mugen anytime i want if you like
yes harlequins last visited says august - nail him the next time you see him doing that

edit: marshall ... why so sneaky, always smuggling your comments in other ppls posts
Thanks given by: Lauli , Bamboori
@YinYin
>hell fighter
At that time he has not been considered as one of the best. Looking at the stuff he did recently the difference is remarkable. But saying that he did contribute a lot of laughter and fun in the sketch battles.

>mugen
I am in contact with him on a fairly regular basis

>Matt
Yeah, I saw him on your facebook

>hq
Might have him on my msn, though I suspect he lurks

>me sneaky
Don't feel like I have too much so-called constructive criticism to add or would stray off topic. Before I know it, there will be 10 mod notices about me "spamming" every single day

you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
shoot me, for I forget who Mugen is. lol.
and on the offtopic of spriters in 13thzone and other spriters...

Just saw TinoX come back from the dead in the ztage forums.
I miss harly. We gotta drag him out from lurking in the dark to out here in the open damnit.
And didn't Krawlzer turn up here under some other alias? I thought I saw his sprites somewhere around.
And VG, Harle, and I were somewhat strictly tied to 13thzone. More because we couldn't be bothered to post anywhere else than consciously choosing to avoid other forums. I did notice VG and Harle posting in the officials or lfe once or twice. mostly advertising posts. lol. or Project Release posts.
I know we started 13thzone coz we couldn't stand the other forums of that time's tendency to have "high activity, low content." Filter through a flood of crap posts just to find a handful of interesting low activity project threads. Turns out that aim of a relaxed pace killed 13thzone in the end. haha. what a bummer.

back on topic:
I want to see the big green alien as a char. Though I think it'd kill you to attempt that. It looks like a notch up above the rest of your sprites, so I suppose you intended that to stay as a single-sprite right from the get go?

Or how about working on that kicking girlie. the one right beside Frozen.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
The third guy from the left - the one with the long-sword - looks pretty awesome.
Thanks given by:
(10-19-2010, 01:22 PM)paschendale Wrote:  the one with the long-sword - looks pretty awesome.

thanks
he was released with this: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=867

(10-18-2010, 10:24 PM)Siegvar Wrote:  I want to see the big green alien as a char. Though I think it'd kill you to attempt that. It looks like a notch up above the rest of your sprites, so I suppose you intended that to stay as a single-sprite right from the get go?
Or how about working on that kicking girlie. the one right beside Frozen.

arrange me some qualified help and it may not kill me at all
yes the big green one was only done with a contest in mind
but i did think about turning him into a full character
same with mina i have to admit

but with both of them im already struggling at creating a normal standing frame, not to mention the green guy doesnt even have a name
im totally stuck when it comes to creating basic sprites for them and keeping their looks consistent
thus they stay designs unless someone helps me with the sprite work

(10-18-2010, 06:09 PM)Marshall Wrote:  >hq Might have him on my msn, though I suspect he lurks
(10-18-2010, 10:24 PM)Siegvar Wrote:  I miss harly. We gotta drag him out from lurking in the dark to out here in the open damnit.

i have a little plan on that if lets say at least 4 13thzone members pull along
no discussing that on 13thzone tho!

(10-18-2010, 06:09 PM)Marshall Wrote:  Don't feel like I have too much so-called constructive criticism to add or would stray off topic. Before I know it, there will be 10 mod notices about me "spamming" every single day

you could also try harder to think of something on topic so you can ship all your other thoughts along in your own post
everyone else has to do it that way ...
Thanks given by: