Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended game reviews
Since you are asking for it - more shameless advertising I don't even get paid for:
my review on Lethal League Wrote:As a projectile fighting game Lethal Leagues core is simple: hit your opponent with a ball to score and ultimately win a match.
You can try a bare bones prototype on reptile games' website to see if you like that concept.
Like many other recent small competitive games this one challenges the player with high risk&reward as a single hit from the ball is a knock out. Although if you or your team hit the ball last it won't harm you.
The intense fun of this game starts to kick in once you've hit the ball back and forth a few times, ever increasing its speed to ridiculously high levels (speedometer at the bottom on the boombox). Normal hits only increase the ball speed by 1, charged hits and smashes however double the speed. With more speed the hit lag will increase, the screen will shake, the background will change, intense visual effects will ripple across the screen and the characters will throw catchy phrases at each other as they hit the ball. Next to jumping and swinging you can also bunt the ball to slightly decrease the speed and carefuly set up your next attack.
The movement mechanics are very solid. You can move right and left as you jump, you can tap for a short hop or hold to jump higher and stay in the air longer as well as press down to fall faster.
The selectable characters two major mechanic differences are their method of gaining height (high jump, wall jump, double jump, wall ride, ...) and their special move, which can be activated with a full special bar (builds up by hitting the ball).

Next to online and local multiplayer with up to 4 people there is also a single player challenge with 10 increasingly difficult stages to beat in sequence and in local multiplayer there are 7 levels of AI difficulty with the highest one still being a challenge even if you are already very good at the game - although not as engaging as a good human player will probably be.

And it's a damn lot of fun.
Raced to the top of my most played game ever list during beta testing.

I tried really hard to keep this review limited to what I would want to know about. You can get all the broader details by reading their key features list, including such things as "No weak sh*t".
Other reviews have described this as Super Smash Bros. level of fun, Super Saiyan Pong, better than Dive Kick and Nidhogg, easy to pick up hard to master, blah blah ...
Thanks given by: Alapottra

Messages In This Thread
Recommended game reviews - by Conqueror - 09-15-2014, 01:39 PM
RE: Recommended game reviews - by YinYin - 09-16-2014, 02:07 PM
RE: Recommended game reviews - by A-Man - 10-19-2014, 11:53 AM
RE: Recommended game reviews - by bashscrazy - 10-19-2014, 04:01 PM
RE: Recommended game reviews - by A-Man - 10-19-2014, 04:23 PM