Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Krillin - Download available v0.99
I haven't had much time to test him yet, but here's my word of advise. You're doing a great job, but it could always be better:

- Kamehameha only be allowed in a straight line, so no z-value should be in the data (except maybe 550, which makes it impossible to move).
- Solar Flare needs some fixing in the itr's x/y/w/h, and shadows should be removed.
- The BK3 combo you showed us looks nice. The grab was a good idea. Would be better if you gave it more space to grab an opponent, in my opinion.
- Pretty cool idea you have with these ki blasts, to show the little explosion when it hits something. However, the wait value seems to be too high
- Destructo Disk: charging should be one part, and releasing should be one part. Right now, when Krillin gets hit, the charging and releasing of the destructo disk just goes on as if nothing has happened. DD+A+A+A works pretty fine ;)
- Charge MP: you can go on forever and have unlimited MP. Not sure if there is a fix though.
- D^J (not sure about the name) is cool.

Sounds are very cool. I would leave out the normal punching shouts though. They would fit better in a combo move. It gets annoying.

Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
(07-30-2011, 11:12 PM)Neocrypt Wrote:  - Kamehameha only be allowed in a straight line, so no z-value should be in the data (except maybe 550, which makes it impossible to move).
Well Krillin can bend his kamehameha wave so that's why it moves.

(07-30-2011, 11:12 PM)Neocrypt Wrote:  - Solar Flare needs some fixing in the itr's x/y/w/h, and shadows should be removed.
dammit! I forgot to switch the balls of the solar flare back to 3005 -_- (oh well you guys can do that yourselves if you want to hide the shadows)

(07-30-2011, 11:12 PM)Neocrypt Wrote:  - The BK3 combo you showed us looks nice. The grab was a good idea. Would be better if you gave it more space to grab an opponent, in my opinion.
I can arrange that if more people want.

(07-30-2011, 11:12 PM)Neocrypt Wrote:  - Pretty cool idea you have with these ki blasts, to show the little explosion when it hits something. However, the wait value seems to be too high
I'll fix that too I guess - but to make it stay that long astyll I'll just make more frames :) (btw originally each frame was wait 6 - lol now it's wait 3)

(07-30-2011, 11:12 PM)Neocrypt Wrote:  - Destructo Disk: charging should be one part, and releasing should be one part. Right now, when Krillin gets hit, the charging and releasing of the destructo disk just goes on as if nothing has happened. DD+A+A+A works pretty fine ;)
Yeah I said that in my earlier post for what's going to be changed - I'm going to make the disc form and if he doesn't launch it forward I was thinking of having the disc float upwards and dissappear or having it rotate in place forever till it gets hit or something.

(07-30-2011, 11:12 PM)Neocrypt Wrote:  - Charge MP: you can go on forever and have unlimited MP. Not sure if there is a fix though.
- D^J (not sure about the name) is cool.

Sounds are very cool. I would leave out the normal punching shouts though. They would fit better in a combo move. It gets annoying.
haha yeah it can go forever. you are raising your power level :p
and thanks - it's called expanding energy wave (or scattering bullet)

yeah lol sounds are annoying :) but he feels more like Krillin when you hear is voice all the time xD

Thanks given by:
I always loved how in DBZ chars kept "teleporting" behind the enemy and sometimes it would chain several times.
and you can see this happen in DBZ Budokai and DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi games.
So I made some gifs of it happening between Vegeta's counter attack and Krillin's After-Image technique
good counter (Click to View)
cool counter (Click to View)
awesome counter (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Bamboori , Gad , betitngoan
that looks AWESOME!

how does these countermoves work basicly for a dc noob like me?
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2011, 07:23 AM)Sheldeee Wrote:  that looks AWESOME!

Thanks man!
There are quite a few ways to do it.
But every counter move works in frame 111. The defend frame in which you are hit. Then you set a button command for the frames of the counter move.
You can use Ciryus' Broly for exanple. When hit if you press defend he teles behind the enemy using woody's state 500 teleport 120 pixels to enemy or whatever.

For batman I have it so you press attack and he launches forward like louis grab but quicker and throws the opponent away.

Vegeta I made it so I use a 0 wait value and like 100 dvx and a negative next to be turned opposite direction.

Krillin same thing however he opoints himself in action frame that has no picture and 60 wait with next 1000 for illusion of a com. Then opoints a ball that goes back and forth with the picture. I did that so I didn't waste precious frames in the char data.

If you need more clarification, don't hesitate to ask ;)

Btw I am taking your smaller head and body of my krillin and I made him like 5 pixels shorter and a few pixels less wide. He looks super short xD
I only have standing and walkiing done - takes a while to sprite. Ill post it when I get on my computer.
Thanks given by:
Awesome Counters!
Thanks given by:
amazing work bashscrazy
i just love the idea that i can do that in the game :D
but why is krillin fading and vegeta isn't?
[Image: 2aGKf.png]

My Sprites

Signature Made By DesignHeaven
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2011, 12:27 PM)XLittlebob252 Wrote:  @sonic boom: please stop writing those lines like awesome, nice and stuff write something that might be helpfull
or just write something a bit more longer thank you :D.
If he has nothing to complain about, why should he write anything else than that it is awesome?
Some people like being praised, you know.

Thanks given by:
(08-01-2011, 08:09 AM)bashscrazy Wrote:  
(08-01-2011, 07:23 AM)Sheldeee Wrote:  that looks AWESOME!

Thanks man!
There are quite a few ways to do it.
But every counter move works in frame 111. The defend frame in which you are hit. Then you set a button command for the frames of the counter move.
You can use Ciryus' Broly for exanple. When hit if you press defend he teles behind the enemy using woody's state 500 teleport 120 pixels to enemy or whatever.

For batman I have it so you press attack and he launches forward like louis grab but quicker and throws the opponent away.

Vegeta I made it so I use a 0 wait value and like 100 dvx and a negative next to be turned opposite direction.

Krillin same thing however he opoints himself in action frame that has no picture and 60 wait with next 1000 for illusion of a com. Then opoints a ball that goes back and forth with the picture. I did that so I didn't waste precious frames in the char data.

If you need more clarification, don't hesitate to ask ;)

Btw I am taking your smaller head and body of my krillin and I made him like 5 pixels shorter and a few pixels less wide. He looks super short xD
I only have standing and walkiing done - takes a while to sprite. Ill post it when I get on my computer.

sorry if i have missreaded something,but i think it need to cost some mana if some enemy will attack vegeta,he can dodge it every time and be unhourtable,like some powerful spirit bomb hit him he can evade right?
Troll mode activated TwistedDemonEvil
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2011, 12:27 PM)XLittlebob252 Wrote:  amazing work bashscrazy
i just love the idea that i can do that in the game :D
but why is krillin fading and vegeta isn't?

Well I know krillin can use it for sure - but I don't recall vegeta using the after image technique. However I read on the wiki that he can/has.

@Monolith - yeah it needs to cost mana - but wrong you can't evade everything such as powerful attacks. If an attack has high bdefend you won't go to defend frame 111 but rather injury franes.

Also thanks for the compliments :)
Thanks given by: Monolith