Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F7 + Ctrl -F5 dont working :\
guys i have new a problem
i found that i should click debug and then build but i cant click on debug its grey
what should i do?
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
The very first programming language I've gotten in contact with was Basic. But after a few weeks, it got tiresome (I actually don't remember anything of it xD), so I waited until I had programming at school. We learnt Pascal which is pretty straight-forward. Nothing overly complex and fairly intuitive.

Basically, it's a good choice to get into programming with a fairly old language as those tend to be structured better. Pay attention that there is no object-oriented stuff in there as this will unnecessarily bloat up the complexity of getting a grasp of it. Only when you're aware of what you are actually doing (many people simply copy code they find on google, claim it as their own, but do not really know how this stuff works) you can move on. I would spend at least 3 months on those simple things: basic console output (and input. Languages such as Java are certainly not to be picked for that kind of stuff as it requires quite a bit knowledge beforehand to use it properly) and little algorithms (write a little calculator with a menu; pick the operation, enter the numbers separately, and be amazed).

When you think that you are ready to move on, go over to the procedural approach: embed procedures/functions (depending on the languages, they are named differently but basically describe the same) into your code. The next level would be to get to object-oriented programming, with all sorts of nifty extensions: GUIs, Exception Handling, Polymorphism, and tons more.

Just don't expect the greatest stuff to happen right in the first week. You'll probably need a couple months to get into it. And maybe even decades if you pick the awkward languages (whitespace, ZT, and friends). So yeah, go with something easy at first: Pascal, Ruby, or Python are claimed to be easy to learn, so it's recommendable to start out with those.

Oh crap, wall of text again :/
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Ariel
thanks dude!
i found i great video tuturials about c for pepole who just start programing but i need help
i have win7 64Bit and they give me a compiler thats dont work on 64bit i need a compiler that working and have a linker but for free :\
Thanks given by:
32 bit compilers should work on 64 bit systems (but not the other way round). Try getting either visual studio (express edition should be free from microsoft), or the gnu compiler(s) (gcc, g++). I'd prefer the gnu one coz it's cross compatible with linux/mac.

more to the topic, i'd say java would be better than c/c++ to start with - you can develop lots of bad habits with c/c++ that u won't with java initially, and it's hard to get rid of bad programming habits. Also, java may seem harder at the start than c/c++, but after the initial stages, it's much faster to learn programming in java than c/c++, and transitioning to c/c++ is better than going from c/c++ to java (imo)

Azriel~
(06-08-2011, 09:56 PM)Azriel Wrote:  32 bit compilers should work on 64 bit systems (but not the other way round). Try getting either visual studio (express edition should be free from microsoft), or the gnu compiler(s) (gcc, g++). I'd prefer the gnu one coz it's cross compatible with linux/mac.

more to the topic, i'd say java would be better than c/c++ to start with - you can develop lots of bad habits with c/c++ that u won't with java initially, and it's hard to get rid of bad programming habits. Also, java may seem harder at the start than c/c++, but after the initial stages, it's much faster to learn programming in java than c/c++, and transitioning to c/c++ is better than going from c/c++ to java (imo)

Azriel~
thanks
i download microsoft visoal c++ and i opend text file and saved it at .C but now how can i run it to see the outcome? :O

guys i have a problem
i found that i should click debug and then build but i cant click on debug its grey
Thanks given by:
To be honest, you don't need to debug. That's for when you know the basic functions. Otherwise, it's just ridiculous to search for potential errors in your code if you are still in a stage where a program shuts down after printing 5 lines of text or so xD

Also, debugging means to run a program with some breakpoints enabled + variable viewer etc. Well, guess what, you need to compile it beforehand :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
iirc, F7 is compile, Ctrl + F5 is run

Azriel~
(06-09-2011, 07:58 PM)Azriel Wrote:  iirc, F7 is compile, Ctrl + F5 is run

Azriel~

i click F7 and its not doing anything and than i click C +F5 and its dont do to
(the F Lock is on i check it)
what i should do? :O
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you didn't make a project or anything and instead just opened up a random file and tried to compile it. VS doesn't like that.

On a side note, C++ is just like java except it makes basic things stupidly hard, nothing will ever compile properly if you copy paste it off the internet and the error messages are rarely helpful... Good luck trying to make any sort of usable program in it :).
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

pagestretch (Click to View)
thats the file
and i check the project
there is alot of project types what should i choose? :O
oh and someone told me to use Pelles C is it better?
Thanks given by: