Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Read/Write - Save Progress
http://www.mediafire.com/?wwwyynggnn2

An example of reading/writing a file to save you're stage progress. I was going to wait before releasing this, but then figured there was no point, because chances are I'd get to lazy and this project would lay forgotten on my hard drive for ages.

I might write a tutorial later on about how to read/write files, but for now this will have to do. Enjoy.

What it does:

You have to start from stage 1. After you beat stage 1, stage 2 is unlocked. So next time you start lf2 you can choose between stage 1 and 2.

Edit: For those looking for a compiled version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ytx3h2niyyv (includes a stage.dat without enmies for easy testing).
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: Simoneon , qwertz143
right now it only works for stage right
can you make survival selectable (i think there is just a bit of code needed to edit)
and how about saving survival stages ?
Thanks given by:
but... isn't this kinda useless? since we can choose from stage 1 to 5 freely on LF2?
Thanks given by:
no with this it also disables the selecting of stages till you reach one so you start with 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 then 5 (you can't just choose them)
Thanks given by:
So basically it forces you to go through the stages. It's best used for mods that plan on a story.
Thanks given by:
well yes but it also saves the proggress so if you off and on you cna state from where you were last (stage 1 , 2 ,3 ,4,5)
Thanks given by:
You didn't need it to warp to any stage you wanted back then. It doesn't save the phases (or does it? I didn't bother downloading).
Thanks given by:
Whoa this is nice! I have a question though. Would it be possible to use this saving system and have an unlocking system for secret characters? Like somehow, you do something other than typing a code that unhides the id of a secret character, then you save it so you can keep that character for future play... possible or not?
~Member of the NTSD team~
[Image: sigk.png]
http://ntsd.open-board.com/
Thanks given by:
dat's cool mayn
i will use dat thanks

is there a way to select only one char that doesn#t allowed to appear two times
e.g. you select firzen, but you can select it 8 times again , thats not good , i want to select only a char who appears one time in game

with read/write and unable to select same char , mods are adventure games , mission mode in ntsd will be like
Thanks given by:
does any1 have it to 2.0a version, adapted for that dll or silva's?
that dll sourse so unsorted >_< cant find anything correctly....so old and no comments there.
if some1 have it, plz share, i really need this one T_T

p.s. sry for up of old topic. btw i guess that better then create new one.
Just never give up
~EdL
Thanks given by: