Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess
(08-01-2013, 04:58 PM)The Hari Wrote:  After realsing (let me count... Woo it's 10th Alblaka's character!) 10 characters, he still isn't willing to learn spritng, creating less data files, or collaborate.
(08-01-2013, 05:53 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
(08-01-2013, 04:58 PM)The Hari Wrote:  Alblaka's projects? Or should I say "Alblaka's style".
And I wonder whyy do people want to change it?
I'd love to see that style evolve because then I would have one more source of content I can enjoy.
Also because Alblaka has a lot of potential due to the skill level he has acquired pretty much on his own and the amount of time and effort he's able to put into his projects (the thing that most people around here lack - and data changing skills of course - I hate to see them wasted on yet another same project without any progress in quality).

As much as it is a severe critique (wasted... pah...) I fully appreciate the compliments included, as well.
But I would like to pronounce, once again: I CAN NOT sprite. I was NEVER good at anything related to visuals, except for painting abstract / cubics (simply because those don't require drawing skills, but 'knowledge' of how to properly draw cubic images). I do not have the dexterity for drawing, unless it's at a huge-a** zoom with CTRL+Z every few moments. Neither do I have the patience to spend countless months on semi-futile attempts to improve a quality I simply do not possess.

Regarding the collaboration part, I'm not entirely against the idea, but I just don't want to offend a potential partner with my extreme moodiness and tendancy to drop things at a moment's notice etc.

(08-01-2013, 05:53 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Alblaka I demand you to merge them all into "LF2 Alblakas Mod" - Short: LF2 Albod!
Challenge: Try to keep the same total amount of characters (e.g.: just replacing the hero characters and keeping all boss and support characters).
Technically Trio Mortale alone contains 10 characters... But practically those characters are beyond horrible in first place :P

I will eventually make a character copilation once I've a sufficient array of characters of decent quality with functional AI and acceptable balance. The issue is, most of my older works lack either one or all of these qualitys :P
Personally, the only characters of mine I consider 'high-quality' are Ninja-Tales, Striker and Sile. Chrone is borderline but missed the mark. Spark would be fine if it wouldn't be for how exploity his whole moveset is (towards AI). Eta and Jamel are too complicated and 'outofbounds' to be normal hero characters. And Cleric/Sharn... well... I don't need to say something here.

I think I will stick to creating single or small groups of characters for now :P After all with the one-folder-structure it's not hard to keep chars organized.
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
[CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by Alblaka - 07-30-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by 8obis - 07-30-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by Ariel - 07-30-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by Ariel - 07-30-2013, 07:45 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by 8obis - 07-30-2013, 09:36 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by Alblaka - 08-01-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by 8obis - 09-18-2013, 12:32 PM
RE: [CHAR] Sile - The Crimson Princess - by 8obis - 09-19-2013, 10:04 AM