Poll: Are you interested in LF2 Wiki?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, and I will most likely contribute (even if it's only a bit)
62.50%
20 62.50%
Yes, but I won't be contributing (don't have time, too lazy, or anything)
25.00%
8 25.00%
No.
12.50%
4 12.50%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Little Fighter Wiki
Click here to go to The Little Fighter Wiki

The Little Fighter Wiki is aimed to provide details of LF2, from basic to advanced to pro, that can give the readers useful knowledge to really improve in LF2. The LF-Wiki has just started and currently has only 2 finished pages. LF-Wiki really needs LF2 players who are willing to contribute by expanding the articles and sharing their knowledge.

You can contribute by expanding stub pages. Here is a list of empty pages that really needs to be worked on, with links to them:

You can also contribute by creating these pages, either as a stub page (contains not enough information/unfinished) or a complete article.

Simply click on the Contribute button and then Add a new page to create a new page. Or, click on Edit if you want to edit an existing page.
When writing an article, use Headings. Table of contents will automatically appear if you use headings! Just select the text, click on headings, choose one that fits and that's all! The editor is simple and easy to use. You can also upload pictures, but you have to convert the picture into PNG (or some other formats) since BMP files are not allowed.

You can also create a new page on your own when you see needed.
Actually even a simple grammar fix will be good for the wiki.
Don't worry too much about your writing skills, just be sure you do your best. Your pages can be revised anytime if needed. BUT be sure not to put false information. If you don't have enough knowledge, leave the page as a stub page as you write.
TEMPE
Thanks given by: lf2TimmE1 , Zelphir , zort
Sure, I could write few texts, even if my grammar isn't that great.
Thanks given by:
(03-22-2012, 05:29 PM)Gad Wrote:  Sure, I could write few texts, even if my grammar isn't that great.

I could fix up some spelling mistakes. Maybe check through the wiki when it's completed for spelling errors.
I wouldn't mind taking part.
[Image: variaboss.png]
SUPER B*NER: :3
Thanks given by:
I had a similar idea some months ago: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/thread-6522.html
But I was thinking about LF2 information in a lot of languages.

While presenting different mods needed a time and motivation,but as nobody was interested in that,i just wrote the general article of LF2 in my language.

~I will be Contributing.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, this is quite a good idea, wikis are known for being surprisingly good (I guess the bad ones don't get off the ground). Plus, for some time I've wanted to get all this knowledge out of my head and onto a document. But what do you have to say about the LF2 wikis that already exist? Are you going to do it better than them? I hope you intend a more professional tone than ":D Put stuff on your spot... ". I hate hate hate the first-person in wikis.

Had a funny thought: if two editors get into a disagreement about the content of the wiki, it would actually not be a bad idea to settle the conflict by a duel, since the winner would be the one who knows more.

Thanks given by:
It's probably a good idea. If this is for wiki, the information which we are providing should be accurate. What if we make some kind of mistake?
Thanks given by:
Well, I'm hoping we can make it so that people can edit the articles but they won't be updated until the changes are reviewed and accepted by, let's say, a moderator. If there are mistakes or weaknesses in the first place, I think it's normal and hopefully eventually it will be fixed by someone who notices it.

I have seen some other LF2 wiki, but they are not quite what I want to see because they only contains the basic knowledge (for example Deep --> the special moves, input method, MP Usage, all the things that you can realize by yourself after playing for some time). If you take a look at the T-Spin section in Tetris wiki on harddrop.com, it contains tens of awesome setups, and every single of them can be learned to really improve your skills (tho learning one can take days/weeks/months).

I want some more detailed strategy in LF2 that may even explain about specific strategy to overcome specific cases, so that you can really improve by reading the wiki. Anyway, it's like a feature to share your knowledge/experience ;) .

Well, I saw this http://littlefighter.wikia.com/wiki/Deep and it really have better appearance than mine :0 . I'm not experienced in wiki :P , but I have time today so I will be learning how to use wiki properly (maybe mostly learning the tags).

Thanks for the poll :D . I'll start it once I find the best service for wiki (maybe that wikia.com ? xP ) so we can start writing already :D .
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
if it starts im in

Thanks given by:
We can now start writing :D .
I decided to use Wikia since it has good appearance and is very very easy to use :D . Very convenient for writing.

It is here: http://littlefightertwo.wikia.com/wiki/T...ghter_Wiki

I have written one page, maybe it can be an example. Click Here to see the Deep's page.
Of course, I still want to add some GIF files to show some things related to Deep, but let's finish all of the main characters first :D .

It seems like you don't have to register, but I believe it has advantages such as getting some granted access to wikia.com if you are active enough, having reduced advertisement displayed etc.

How to write:
Go to The Little Fighter Wiki. Click on Contribute button on the top right, select Add a page. Give a title (e.g. John).
When writing, use the Headers (Header 2 for sub-titles, for example 'Overview', 'Basic Moves', etc. Then for use Header 3 for example 'Movement Speed', 'Punch', 'Dash Attack'. You have to use the headers because Wikia will automatically create the Table of Contents according to the headers you use :D . It's awesome!
It may be a good idea to write here what you are writing so that other people won't be writing the same page :P .

Important
Please follow the format of existing pages (As for characters, divide it into Overview, Basic Moves, Special Moves, Combo), or if you have a better format, please discuss it here. The pages need to have the same format so that people can read them comfortably. Adding new sections is fine.
Making mistakes should be avoided, but you don't have to fear too much either. As long as you contribute, you are helping the wiki to grow :D . If you find any mistakes in some pages, you can edit it. If you are not 100% sure, we can always discuss things here.

I'm still trying to learn the protection system.. It seems to be editable by anyone although I can still revert the pages to older versions if needed, but I still want what I said before :P edits being reviewed by some staffs before taking place over the original version. Anyway I'm still reading wikia guides and all.

Currently I am writing about Freeze. If you're gonna write, please write about something else :P .
You can for example write about John, Henry, etc, or even about Weapons, Items, Heavy Objects, Criminals

EDIT:
OK I finished Freeze, and I'm now going on for Dennis.
Feel free to improve my pages as well :P . Just click on Edit and that's all.
I will open some empty stub pages. Please help writing them down :D .
I'm happy to see already good number of people willing to contribute.

EDIT again:
Finished Dennis :) .
Tomorrow is Saturday. I am hoping good amount of activity on the LF-Wiki. Let's do it, show it to people and tell them that LF2 is awesome :D . Good night.
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
Oh, some people on the old official forum made fairly detailed PvP guides for Davis, Woody, Dennis, Freeze and Rudolf, which I have pasted here. Obviously it's not in the format we want, but there's a lot of good stuff in there.

Thanks given by: Kevin