Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opera Login bug.
This happened to me yesterday.
To stop any talking about cache and cookies - I cleared them, but the bug is still there.

The bug is simple, but I can't find the way to solve it, so if anybody has this problem too, I'd be pleased if you could tell what browser and stats are you using (I'm using Opera). Thanks in advance.

Sooo, when I'm trying to go to http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/ I am suddenly logged out, and getting this pic: [Image: 1screen.jpg] you get what I mean.
When I try to login from there it says: you logged in, and will be taken back where you came from, but then, I'm on forum's index as a guest again...

And, when I type just lf-empire.de/forum/ without www and http it shows me normal: [Image: 1screen.jpg]

Also when I'm in thread, or somewhere else, and I try to press Little Fighter EMPIRE - Forums / bla bla / it sends me in index as a guest.

If you have questions just ask, and please tell me if you have this problem, too. If so, also add the browser and stats you using.

;s
Thanks given by:
well something like that used to happen me, when reading a thread
and then clicking the Little Fighter EMPIRE - Forums link and when it opens
i'm suddenly as guest, but i don't think it happends anymore...
and i'm using internet explorer 8 (i think i used mozilla firefox then 3 or 2 dunno)
and i have enabled all cookies...
Thanks given by:
Oh and another thing - it didn't happen for me on HFE forums.
Weird... ;o
Thanks given by:
i am waiting for the moment where bp jumps out and says.. "It is certain.. phil has to be the fault"
and then he pushes me forward "Go fix it!" and jumps back where he came from.

let's see.. i got no problem of that sort.. tried to recreate it with firefox, IE and chrome. sadly i don't have opera on my system and i don't even want one on it. so a question.. when did this start to happen excactly? do you remember what you did before it happened? as i can't recreate it am pretty helpless :(
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
I remember BP saying on HFE that the same login bug existed there, except that he'd fixed it. Not too sure about this one though.
Hiding users' signatures and avatars was the best decision ever.
4ye 6anDy (Click to View)
We're watching you... (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Hm... I once had it with Firefox. Funnily I was only able to log in when I did it on the "Who's online" page. But then I hadn't got any problems at all. otherwise it wouldn't work on the page I logged in but on most of the other pages. I would guess its a problem of refreshing? Somewhen the bug just disappeared, I don't know why. Maybe there was a new version of Firefox or something.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I really fail at recreating this aka. hard to fix. However, I've found that there are some different forums (totally unrelated to LFE/HFE) where I have this bug. So, my assumption is that, when you upgrade your browser, it sometimes responds to website-queries in a different manner than they did before. Thus, it can be that the browser "thinks" that you're logged out and the website "knows" that you are not or vice versa.

As far as I have experienced, it does relate to the location you visit when you log out (ie. a thread, a forum, the index-site). Please try to do this, too, and tell me how this turned out.

So, getting back to fixing the problem, I am fairly sure that editing any php-files will just unleash TEH APOCALYPSE!!, therefore it'd be best to run a MyBB-Update ASAP. Should be available pretty soon.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I logged out from lf-empire.de/forum (without http://www...) then it said that I was already logged out (or something) and then as I tried to login - I failed. Now I if I want to go to the forum's index I have to use a link without http://www... (Or I missed something, BP?)

Man, that's weird!

(01-07-2010, 08:47 PM)Phil Wrote:  when did this start to happen excactly? do you remember what you did before it happened? as i can't recreate it am pretty helpless :(
Actually 2/3 days ago. (somewhere I have my chat with someone at that time on msn about this, but I can't find it.)

I just pressed Little Fighter EMPIRE - Forums / bla bla and then appeared like a guest...
Well...
;s
Thanks given by:
I guess I`ve an idea how to fix this: it looks like it has to do with "www." in front of the domain - and I know that could be the reason cause of the cookie path I set in the backend. The problem: if I change it to the one without the www we will have this bug the other way round, so my idea is to autochange all domains to the one without www with a htaccess file in the root diretory of LFE-Forum

Before I do this I ask the support one last time and hope for another good idea, if not I try this - and hope it helps :D

Will keep you updated
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
ok, support told me I should use the cookie präfix so the website ignore all other cookies. Once I change this everybody should have to login again and then the problem should be gone - hopefully.

So: I set the cookie präfix - did anything change yet?
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: