Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Info] LF2 Data Structures
New updated spreadsheet. Many changes made by o_g349/xsoameix (same person, different nick names).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...BYVE#gid=0

Old post:
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

well im not going to learn hex at the moment first of all i want to learn how to dc perfect but silva great job as always
[Image: 333wc2q.png]

only the past knows how the future looks like ~ HW
Thanks given by:
Awesome silva u rocks! I wish i could hex as good as u
[Image: illidansig1.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-29-2009, 05:55 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  As you can see, this is the procedure which creates an object in lf2.
I had to lol at this part. I didn't see it :P

Good job for finding, tho, maybe there are some people out there who can actually "use" the stuff intelligently and not follow step-by-step instructions.... =P
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I need people who can follow step by step instructions to figure out what each variable is. I don't know much about LF2 DCing and what not. I might not recognize some things...

All you really have to do is sit and watch values change as you test different things :D.

If everything is documented, then it will be possible to create a LF2 Data Debugger. You'll get to see all the debug info about your character (positions,health,frame etc etc). Then I just need to figure out how the frames are used/stored and it will be possible to edit frames IN REAL TIME!(basically edit data while lf2 is running).

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
I read this thread 2 days ago after Silva post it, but not on my computer, because there were some hardware problem occurred on my computer. Whoa it taked me a great effort... (Til now, the Windows have just been reinstalled by me for 30 minutes..)

I was looking the same code with you at that time, Silva! :D (Before the harware problem)
And I have made a list for it in a spreadsheet:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3reztdwlyka
Take a look on it ;)
(.ods file type. Tell me if you don't know what it is. )

There are 3 pages about different address:
The 1st page is the individual information (HP, postion and etc. )
The 2nd page is the ID information (type, headpic and etc. )
The 3rd page is the frame information (pic no., state, hit tags and etc. )

It is not completed, I was checking some unknown value of the blanks in the spreadsheet.
Hope people can join this fill_in_the_blank_game. :p
Thanks given by: Boop
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=r...TUlwfdZHYQ

I uploaded to Google Docs. I set it up so everyone can edit it. Hopefully people won't mess it up:p.

Thanks given by: genevrier
(05-01-2009, 09:47 AM)Lord Silva Wrote:  http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=r...TUlwfdZHYQ

I uploaded to Google Docs. I set it up so everyone can edit it. Hopefully people won't mess it up:p.
:p
I am now testing the variables, and I see you keep looking at page 3.
Is it you have already started making the debugger tool? :O
Thanks given by:
Trying to... Quite hard plotting pixels to the screen because it is 2d with 3 axis :p. Plus the X cord is the one relative to the BG, not the X cord of where he is REALLY drawn in the 800x640 space(or what ever size the window is).

BTW, mind explaining how you are organizing it? Why are there 3 usage tables, which one do I write in?:p

Itrs:
x: 8DC
y: 8E0
w: 8E4
h: 8E8

Not exactly sure how to add the info :p.

Thanks given by:
Look at the cpoint part:
Only when kind=1, the program will load the injury, cover, vaction, action, jaction, daction, throwx, throwy, hurtable, taction, throwinjury and throwz.
Only when kind=2, the program will load the fronthurtact and backhurtact
For all values of the kind tag in cpoint, the program will load the kind, x, y, decrease and control.

So, fill in the first col if there is no such constraits.

The y and z axis is quite easy... You can simply use y+z to obtain the vertical position on the screen. -- There is no sheering in LF2 display, unlike other 2D game program. (Well, I see sheering in opointing with facing tag of value x0 though, but that is a trick on change the x position, to make the opointed objects form a slanted line on the screen. )
Thanks given by: