Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HouseMate's Art
Hey nice artwork you got here. :)

Reminds me of my own artwork a few years back. So I think I can help you with a few things here.

1. Looks like you drew it on paper, digitized, and then colored it on Photoshop (or similar software). I did it just like you a few years back, so I can tell. :) The problem with your colouring method right now, is that the lineart is dithered and uneven, as it follows exactly (or almost) the paper version. Some places is thicker, others is slimmer. While having thicker and slimmer lines in certain places is okay and even encouraged, in your case it is just random and looks bad. So let me recommend you a colouring tutorial. :)
  1. Part 1 - Lineart
  2. Part 2 - Colouring
  3. Part 3 - Shading
After following this tutorial, you will improve your lineart not only on digital version, but on paper version as well (because it will start being a concern to you). Try viewing some awesome manga drawings once in a while and also YouTube videos of people drawing them, it will give you great inspiration and you might start to understand how lineart works (where to make lines thicker, slimmer, etc).

2. Try copy. Not necessarily the whole drawing, but try copy the parts (eyes, pose, muscles, etc) from DBZ pictures on the internet (seems like your style? :p), exactly like the original. This will make you notice details you did not notice before.

Overall, you are in the right path and surely have potential! Usually I start by giving advice on the steps for drawing (sketch, lineart, details, shading...) but seems like you are over this phase already and only need to improve the details and perfect yourself. ;)
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: Hate
(11-13-2015, 09:50 AM)MangaD Wrote:  1. Looks like you drew it on paper, digitized, and then colored it on Photoshop (or similar software).

Actually, just the first ones, then I stoped doing that after I got used to deal with the mouse, man I miss papers :'(
                            LF Extended                              [Image: 2518290.gif][Image: e38dd1f.gif][Image: 533172c.gif] (click on the pic)                       Deviantart
                            Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
Drawing with mouse sounds difficult to me. You shouldn't abandon paper so quickly. :)
(though some would debate that... wonder what others think. Thinking)
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by:
never abandon paper.
traditional is best way to keep ur art skills up imo.

also u should try out drawing with an tablet on pc if u can get ur hands on one HouseMate :)
Thanks given by: MangaD , Rhino.Freak
Learn how to draw on paper and how to control mouse.
Useful
Im drawing with Mouse too. Not that hard. You just have to get used, i prefer it over my tablet if i dont need presure control.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 278d9a9.png]
my first backgound, how is it ?
                            LF Extended                              [Image: 2518290.gif][Image: e38dd1f.gif][Image: 533172c.gif] (click on the pic)                       Deviantart
Thanks given by: A-Man
They look like giants :)
Useful
The foreshortening (thats what they call it, right?) on the brown haired one seems a bit off.

But overall, you're definitely improving.
If at first you don't succeed, you're probably not going skydiving again.
Thanks given by:
(11-23-2015, 09:02 PM)Sänger Wrote:  They look like giants :)

How to fix that ._.

edit: the background how's it?
Thanks given by: