Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sceditor bug fixes
MyBB 1.8.5 released and apparently a lot of bugs with the Sceditor were fixed.
Even if not in the mood to update LFE, I think looking at the .js files could be helpful. :)

There are still a few minor bugs, but it doesn't seem to ruin posts anymore, unless you do weird things such as posting a quote in a list, for example.

If you know about any bugs with the current editor, please tell me so that I can test them in the new editor. :)

Here is a sample video:
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: Silverthorn
Alright, I did a bit of tinkering with the editor. Should any issues pop up, please mention them in here, so that I can maybe fix them in a somewhat reasonable timespan :p

Known issue so far is that the spoiler is not properly displayed in wysiwyg. Not having the time and muse to investigate in that matter right now.

If you want to instantly have the WYSIWYG-view, go to your User CP > Edit Options > Other Options > Uncheck "Put the editor in source mode by default".
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: MangaD , AmadisLFE
Great job! :D

Okay, I made this post a long time ago, and since then I had time to get more familiar with this editor.
So here are a few things:
  1. There is currently a bug I found with the MyBB 1.8.5 editor, which is about parsing smilies in wysiwyg. Try for example to type this: ":) :) :)" I reported this to MyBB community and they fixed it already, you can find the fixed .js here. Sadly I only have the minified version...
  2. Spoilers and inserting author name for quotes (atm there is no way to insert author without going source mode) have already been taken care of, you can download this file, and search for "MangaD" to see what's new. :D Edit: this file too.

Other issues that I have found so far and did not fix yet are:
  1.  Inserting an horizontal rule inside quotes/spoilers, in wysiwyg, and in Chrome (works fine with Firefox), seems to break them, the quote/spoiler gets divided in two.
  2. Minor things, I forgot. =P
Issues: color of the links in wysiwyg...
Thanks given by:
I still guess that the custom tags editor is much better. As it produces almost no mistakes if used correctly.

Another thing i found out was, when using a mobile device, i usually use chrome. The thing i noticed is, Hfe uses a WYSIWYG editor, and whenever i type something, chrome auto zooms it to view it to my size. Now the thing is, the size it shows me is saved in the editor and whenever i try to post, it becomes the font size in the post and is SUPER ANNOYING AND LARGE (And mangad has to keep editing them :p). While lfe uses the tags editor, even if chrome zooms the font, it remains normal when posted. Also most people are now much used to tags editor, but still it is upto them. >_>
Thanks given by:
I have a mobile device, I have Chrome, and I unsuccessfully reproduced your bug. :s 
But you can always set the editor to source mode by default here.
Thanks given by:
Quick question: is it of utmost importance to you guys to have the quote-button trigger a popup where you can specify the original author (dateline doesn't seem to be feasible with all this timestamp-magic)? Or are you okay with the current system (clicking the button triggers a mere "[quote][/quote]". Same goes for spoilers)?

Thanks given by: AmadisLFE
(10-09-2015, 01:24 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Quick question: is it of utmost importance to you guys to have the quote-button trigger a popup where you can specify the original author (dateline doesn't seem to be feasible with all this timestamp-magic)? Or are you okay with the current system (clicking the button triggers a mere "[quote[b ][/b]]/quote]". Same goes for spoilers)?
Nah, its really easy to just put ='name' at the end. If we want to be really specific to include even the post ID and dateline, we can just use the current quote button and the multiquote button. Besides, when we quote, we often only really quote 1-2 posts above us.

At most maybe make the default quote or spoiler tag show up as "[ quote=''] instead of "[ quote]", but have the first version automatically be formatted into the latter version when posted.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: A-Man , Som1Lse
(10-09-2015, 02:01 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  we can just use the current quote button and the multiquote button.
I basically use those exclusively, haha :D

(10-09-2015, 02:01 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  At most maybe make the default quote or spoiler tag show up as "[ quote=''] instead of "[ quote]", but have the first version automatically be formatted into the latter version when posted.
Well, that can be done! On the backend, my solution looks absolutely ugly but eh, it works :p

Thanks given by: