Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customize LF2
Introduction
So I made this little program with the idea of easy customization options for players.

Description

What it does is pretty simple so far. It just enables or disables chars.
It should work with most downloadable chars aswell, if they have a face_pic that goes like "[charname]_f.bmp/png".

So if you have any suggestions on customization options that would be useful, let me know please!

This could just be the first feature of an extensive customization program for LF2!

If you run it the first time you're gonna be asked to choose a path to your LF2 Folder. Just doubleklick the textbox and you get a folder browser dialog.
Also you need writing rights on your LF2 folder, because it gets edited immediatly if a char is moved to the other list.

Screenshots

Download
Download is in the attachment.

Let me know what you think. Wether you find it useless, or useful.

Attached Files
.zip   CLF2.zip (Size: 7.74 KB / Downloads: 68)
Check this awesome 16bit art out! www.effectgames.com/demos/canvascycle/(not mine)

Find my project here! it downloads and installs chars for you - automatically!
(not finished yet, try out the Alpha version and help out by reporting bugs and make suggestions)
Latest version: Alpha 1.2

Thanks given by: Bamboori , Ariyan , MoragWan
nice idea!
two ideas from me: include the name of the character. lots of characters have no special face pic. also it would be cool if the related objects were also moved in or out of data.txt.
this tho would either require reading the dat files or making an extra info file for each character.

second idea: make presets, like vanilla lf2 as option. also give the possibility of creating own sets.

next step would be to include weapons and backgrounds i guess?
Thanks given by:
Why not continue http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=8310 ?
Thanks given by: Bamboori
(05-28-2015, 12:45 AM)Bamboori Wrote:  nice idea!
two ideas from me: include the name of the character. lots of characters have no special face pic. also it would be cool if the related objects were also moved in or out of data.txt.
this tho would either require reading the dat files or making an extra info file for each character.

second idea: make presets, like vanilla lf2 as option. also give the possibility of creating own sets.

next step would be to include weapons and backgrounds i guess?

The name is already included but not shown atm. So thats easy done.
I could cut the related objects out of the data.txt and save the lines in a different file. That would be one step in the direction of your second idea. I thought about making presets but wanted to create the basic function first.

(05-28-2015, 12:48 AM)YinYin Wrote:  Why not continue http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=8310 ?

I got confused with my code because it has gotten really complicated. Now with more programming experience I hope to include this function in this or another project in the future.
Check this awesome 16bit art out! www.effectgames.com/demos/canvascycle/(not mine)

Find my project here! it downloads and installs chars for you - automatically!
(not finished yet, try out the Alpha version and help out by reporting bugs and make suggestions)
Latest version: Alpha 1.2

Thanks given by:
I think an option to hide and unhide charcter would be useful
By hide i mean the ones needed the code (lf2.net)
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: