Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I'm creating a game similar to Little Fighter!
Alright I watched the episode about the art style and I have a few comments.

I have to say I like the new direction. I especially liked the new background art style, it looks clumsy but that's why it's unique. That's why it would sell. I wouldn't want it to change. I hope by "it's not done" you meant that you would just add more objects in the environment and wouldn't change the main looks on the current building, maybe add some post-production here and there, shaders and what not, but please keep that style.  

The decision to make new character appearances is awesome, too. However there is one thing that is concerning me. The new colorised character looks like a cheap flash game copy. Now don't get me wrong, it might be okay if you were making something less ambitious. But right now it doesn't just look cheap, it is also not getting well together with that background style. The solution I propose to this is really simple: just take the sketch you have at 1:37 (video time), don't make the outlines clean, just keep it sketchy as it is and add the same colouring and shading style you've used for the background. That would not only make it fit in really well, but also speed up the creation process and, most importantly, look unique.

I would be really happy to hear from you soon :)
Good luck and thank you for all the work!
Thanks given by: BigThink , Jahvansi
(05-22-2015, 10:30 PM)Simoneon Wrote:  Alright I watched the episode about the art style and I have a few comments.

I have to say I like the new direction. I especially liked the new background art style, it looks clumsy but that's why it's unique. That's why it would sell. I wouldn't want it to change. I hope by "it's not done" you meant that you would just add more objects in the environment and wouldn't change the main looks on the current building, maybe add some post-production here and there, shaders and what not, but please keep that style.  

The decision to make new character appearances is awesome, too. However there is one thing that is concerning me. The new colorised character looks like a cheap flash game copy. Now don't get me wrong, it might be okay if you were making something less ambitious. But right now it doesn't just look cheap, it is also not getting well together with that background style. The solution I propose to this is really simple: just take the sketch you have at 1:37 (video time), don't make the outlines clean, just keep it sketchy as it is and add the same colouring and shading style you've used for the background. That would not only make it fit in really well, but also speed up the creation process and, most importantly, look unique.

I would be really happy to hear from you soon :)
Good luck and thank you for all the work!

Hey!
I sent this to the artist to see what he thinks.
I understand what you mean and I think it might actually look better since I also feel a little bit weird about the contrast of the character vs background but I'll come back with a reply from the artist :)

Alright Simoneon I'll pm you.
For the guys who want to check out the latest episode is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reBWOzq8...EW&index=6
Peace :D

Simoneon edited this post 05-22-2015 10:57 PM because:
you can PM me when you do so, because it won't show here if you post another reply on this one, if that makes sense :p
Thanks given by: Simoneon
Me and an artist are working for a cool little game prototype, very similar to Little Fighter but also different to make it better and new.
We've been doing game development vlogs in YouTube just because we enjoy capturing videos of ourselves like this (actually inspired by RSDTyler - check him out in YouTube).
In the latest one the artist, Adi, has revealed his newest character art and animations here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRUeM_oz...EW&index=7

Tell me what you think guys. This really goes away from Little Fighter art at least which was the art style prior to this but as I said, we wanted to change.

Simoneon edited this post 05-30-2015 10:25 PM because:
Rule 5: Follow posting guidelines
Try to keep your publicly shared projects and ideas organised - refrain from splitting your project updates and similar ideas into separate threads if the content is related.
Thanks given by:
More updates on art! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0aVwviW...7S21bVNfEW

I am finishing up for a first alpha test of the game. :)
Thanks given by:
Hallo Aldo Leka. Welcome to LFEmpire.
You are the 1st Person who Started up a work greatly.
Your game description,Introduction,YouTube Episodes and Chats made me Glad.I liked your Project.It Inspired me a lot although it's an Old Classic type game.Good and Keep it up.We are counting on you.
Finish up soon we are waiting for this Game.Also Don't forget to send the Feedbacks.
New Member Just Joined "2017"
Thanks given by: