Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I'm creating a game similar to Little Fighter!
Inspiration
The game that I'm building is heavily influenced by Little Fighter and the fun that I had with my friends while playing it since 4 years ago. I wanted to add a great story that I came to while studying literature in my high school and tweak it to make it as fun as possible.

Screenshots

A view of how the game will play (within next 1-2 months).

[Image: 8QPvwE0.png]

Credits
Besides me (doing programming - https://www.facebook.com/he11f1re), my brother (https://www.facebook.com/adilekadesign) is working on the art and my best friend (https://soundcloud.com/elvis-papa) is doing audio design. :D

If find this concept interesting, please help us get it on Steam Greenlight! (that will mean that people actually want to play this game and we are not wasting time)
So subscribe to my channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-3tcekV...7S21bVNfEW so that when we are ready for Steam Greenlight you can help to bring this game to reality!
All the best,
Aldo
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , Dr. Time , Deep , Gespenst , A-Man , Ariyan
Hey and welcome to the Empire!

I've watched your videos and I have to say that this game really impressed me. The idea to fuse the best aspects from some older classic games you liked is what might drive this project through. I also adore that you put your time to create these progress videos and they are not too boring to watch (I must admit I skipped a few parts, but that was because I wouldn't be able to understand them anyway). The theme is also nice, not too broad but quite effective if you can explore it to the fullest potential. However as much as excited I am, I also have some concerns. So I'd be really happy if you could answer to as many of my questions as you can! :)

I would like to know how you imagine the responsiveness idea. What are you going to do to make the feeling of fully controlled character?

Also, how are you thinking to achieve the feeling of wholeness between the visuals, gameplay, story and music? And to expand on this aspect:
What is the sound direction you are going to take? I don't think the electronic stuff that you friend produces would fit the introduced atmosphere. And what is the graphical direction, as well? Right now it doesn't feel as distinctive as I would like it to. It looks kind of like NTSD mod for LF2, with all the respect to the mod itself, obviously. I just can't feel any uniqueness right now. Or are the visuals that you showed just a temporary place holder, not some kind of template what so ever?

Finally, is this your first real project? Because if it is, it looks too damn promising to be one :D

I am really looking forward to your response and seeing more updates. I have already subscribed so I could get notified when you post an update. I just hope this doesn't die and you get to finish at least a representative demo for the Greenlight. Good luck!
Thanks given by: STM1993 , the lf2 fan , Deep , Gespenst , BigThink , Ariyan
(05-13-2015, 09:19 PM)Simoneon Wrote:  Hey and welcome to the Empire!

I've watched your videos and I have to say that this game really impressed me. The idea to fuse the best aspects from some older classic games you liked is what might drive this project through. I also adore that you put your time to create these progress videos and they are not too boring to watch (I must admit I skipped a few parts, but that was because I wouldn't be able to understand them anyway). The theme is also nice, not too broad but quite effective if you can explore it to the fullest potential. However as much as excited I am, I also have some concerns. So I'd be really happy if you could answer to as many of my questions as you can! :)

I would like to know how you imagine the responsiveness idea. What are you going to do to make the feeling of fully controlled character?

Also, how are you thinking to achieve the feeling of wholeness between the visuals, gameplay, story and music? And to expand on this aspect:
What is the sound direction you are going to take? I don't think the electronic stuff that you friend produces would fit the introduced atmosphere. And what is the graphical direction, as well? Right now it doesn't feel as distinctive as I would like it to. It looks kind of like NTSD mod for LF2, with all the respect to the mod itself, obviously. I just can't feel any uniqueness right now. Or are the visuals that you showed just a temporary place holder, not some kind of template what so ever?

Finally, is this your first real project? Because if it is, it looks too damn promising to be one :D

I am really looking forward to your response and seeing more updates. I have already subscribed so I could get when you post an update. I just hope this doesn't die and you get to finish at least a representative demo for the Greenlight. Good luck!

Hi Simoneon!
Thanks for checking it out, I will try to make them even more interesting.
I am thinking to achieve the feeling of responsiveness by (for example): being able to move around even when you are in the air after a jump. In the same time being able to punch kick even in air, or being able to switch from a kick (not done yet) to a punch or to jump. That way you are literally breaking the animations and transitioning to new states. Hopefully I will be able to pull this off without too weird effects haha.
About the feeling of wholeness that you describe: We got a biblic theme and ancient buildings and characters. The story was the main inspiration of the theme. Little Fighter is the main inspiration of the gameplay, combined with other fighting games. The music that we thought to make initially was something like oriental, egyptian, that can get intense and high tempo in some parts of the game (we're not sure about this yet). The only way that I can tell whether these will all fit, is by putting them together and that will take hopefully no more than 2 months.
The visuals are a temporary place holder since we are definitely going to polish and make them more fluid and beautiful. If you have some cool ideas or some other games / art samples that you can suggest please do so. :D
This is not my first real project. You can see all my other game projects in this site: aldoleka.allyou.net
I've been developing games and working with different groups for a while. :)
I will definitely finish a playable / bugfree demo for Steam and also make a professional video or anything that sells the game well. The only thing I'm not certain of is the time, again hopefully within 2 months.
Thanks a lot for the support and feedback Simoneon! Makes me more clear about the game. :D
Thanks given by: Gespenst , A-Man , Ariyan
I like your ways in showcasing progress. Keep this up.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(05-14-2015, 05:15 PM)Doctor A Wrote:  I like your ways in showcasing progress. Keep this up.

Thanks! I will :)
Thanks given by:
Thank you for your response! :)

(05-14-2015, 03:14 PM)BigThink Wrote:  About the feeling of wholeness that you describe: We got a biblic theme and ancient buildings and characters. The story was the main inspiration of the theme.
Oh, cool. Could you somehow tease us with the story you have in mind already?

(05-14-2015, 03:14 PM)BigThink Wrote:  The visuals are a temporary place holder since we are definitely going to polish and make them more fluid and beautiful. If you have some cool ideas or some other games / art samples that you can suggest please do so. :D
Yeah, the only thing I like seeing in games is not necessarily outstandingly realistic graphics, but something that is designed in a unique way, that has a distinctive taste to it, something that fits the world and atmosphere of the game, if that makes any sense. Most of the successful indie games nowadays tend to go with this direction of approach on the visuals. And it's obvious why - creator's main purpose is to depict a pure feel of the environment.

(05-14-2015, 03:14 PM)BigThink Wrote:  This is not my first real project. You can see all my other game projects in this site: aldoleka.allyou.net
You definitely have a great portfolio down there! Esquire seem to have the best approach to visuals so far, in my opinion. If this game is going to be as good visually, I think you are gonna sell it good. Have you had any previous projects together with this group of people before? Just curious, maybe it's the same guys you created your jam game with :p

(05-14-2015, 03:14 PM)BigThink Wrote:  Thanks a lot for the support and feedback Simoneon! Makes me more clear about the game. :D
Cheers man, it's been a pleasure!
Say, are you gonna make a port for OSX too?
Thanks given by:
The game looks good, also, as Simon says, Story Trailer? :P

I will be keeping an eye on this, seems great.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
Keep it up bro! Im counting on ya.
That arabian bg looks cool haha..
Will see more about it when my pc is fine. :D
Edit: Also fell in love the clean way u presented it. Keep it up once again!!! :D
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the warm comments guys! I will definitely work on this prototype until it's ready for Steam GreenLight.

(05-15-2015, 05:31 AM)AmadisLFE Wrote:  The game looks good, also, as Simon says, Story Trailer? :P

I will be keeping an eye on this, seems great.

It's based on the story of Samson, a legendary israelite warrior.
I don't know if I should tell details on the story yet since it would spoil the game (and we don't have a finalized story). Maybe I'll show something in the future videos, let's see. :)

(05-14-2015, 08:48 PM)Simoneon Wrote:  Thank you for your response! :)

(05-14-2015, 03:14 PM)BigThink Wrote:  About the feeling of wholeness that you describe: We got a biblic theme and ancient buildings and characters. The story was the main inspiration of the theme.
Oh, cool. Could you somehow tease us with the story you have in mind already?

(05-14-2015, 03:14 PM)BigThink Wrote:  The visuals are a temporary place holder since we are definitely going to polish and make them more fluid and beautiful. If you have some cool ideas or some other games / art samples that you can suggest please do so. :D
Yeah, the only thing I like seeing in games is not necessarily outstandingly realistic graphics, but something that is designed in a unique way, that has a distinctive taste to it, something that fits the world and atmosphere of the game, if that makes any sense. Most of the successful indie games nowadays tend to go with this direction of approach on the visuals. And it's obvious why - creator's main purpose is to depict a pure feel of the environment.

(05-14-2015, 03:14 PM)BigThink Wrote:  This is not my first real project. You can see all my other game projects in this site: aldoleka.allyou.net
You definitely have a great portfolio down there! Esquire seem to have the best approach to visuals so far, in my opinion. If this game is going to be as good visually, I think you are gonna sell it good. Have you had any previous projects together with this group of people before? Just curious, maybe it's the same guys you created your jam game with :p

(05-14-2015, 03:14 PM)BigThink Wrote:  Thanks a lot for the support and feedback Simoneon! Makes me more clear about the game. :D
Cheers man, it's been a pleasure!
Say, are you gonna make a port for OSX too?

I am working right now with a different team than the one that I worked with in the game jam. My brother who is the artist is going to do his best to do the art great.
I believe that an OSX port is not going to be hard, even though I have to test. :D
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE
I put the 5th episode up now where I start talking a little bit about the combat system.
It's very early stage and just basic but I've been studying some fighting games to get a feel and I'm getting there slowly.
Check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9DNXHZ6...EW&index=5
Thanks given by: