Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage: Custom Stage w/Default data v0.7
This is a simply Stage data that uses only data already available in the original LF2. All stages including Survival changed.

.rar   custom stage.rar (Size: 363.4 KB / Downloads: 151)
Updated Stage.dat (Click to View)
Attachment includes the stage.dat file, and the following optional add-ons:
* Custom Template - stats boosted to same as average hero character, able to roll any direction, J+A to use >>A attack. DJA to heal. DvA to kick. Cleaned up template sprites. Dashing back can defend against attacks, also triggered by D^J/DvJ. Be warned you do encounter Template in one particular section of Stage 5, but they shouldn't be too hard to deal with since they are still essentially just Bandits with more HP.
* etc_mirror.bmp , which is to make the etc commands like "come/move/stay/I join you" show up properly when spawned in stage.

I did this because I always thought original LF2's stage placed too much emphasis on building up an army to steamroll the enemy from stage 4 onwards, while stage 3 itself pretty much expected you to go on to fight LouisEX without any milk from fighting 3 enemy heroes in a row. I also found that there aren't many LF2 stage mods out there which didn't modify the data of individual characters and thus be incompatible with potential mods. Thus, the motivation for making this default data only stage.

What to expect from this stage mode:
* Enemies are balanced to have more HP in general, but less of them spawn in the same instance.
* Emphasis on soloing the stage yourself on Difficult/Crazy difficulty. You are expected to fight hard but be given a generous amount of milk between important fights.
* Some surprise phases!
* Allies/Criminals are still available, but they don't last long. In fact, they are mostly just meat shields to briefly distract the enemy while you go for the boss. Don't expect to raise a whole army and steamroll stage.

I've gotten feedback from prince_freeza and Nave that this is tough (at least for stages 1 to 4, stage 5 and survival are still pretty new). Can you conquer this stage with the 10 original heroes (or even Template)?

[Image: icSeGE1.png]
Quick screenshot. I wish I could upload a video as this screenshot doesn't do the stage justice; my internet has been extremely slow lately so I can't properly upload a video file.

Here's a video preview of Stage 3-3 and 3-4.

This stage is pretty much done (updating Survival though), but feedback would be greatly appreciated.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Deep , prince_freeza
Giving it a try. Will upload videos if possible :D.
Thanks given by:
This is actually pretty hard really(mean its awesome). When I tried the 2 stage beta, it got hanged at 1-2. Then it got not responding after 1-3 stage when tried the 4 stage beta.Haven't tried this yet.
" LF2 Against The Evils", my first LF2 video series.
Check my channel :D :-

Litte Fighter Videos  <-- This is a link! Click This!
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock
(Original Post: 02:00 GMT+8)
@Deep - I still don't know why you'd crash though, PF & Nave had no trouble loading the stage. Only thing I know is that my laptop does slow down a bit while going between certain phases in stage. Can you try deleting certain lines in the data and see if the stage continues to crash? I suspect the use of hp: 0 x: -400 join: xxx or the etc lines (id: 998) might have caused it.

I removed the ETC lines from this data, see if it still crashes since you said you got further after mirroring ETC.

Ramond has proven that stage 5 has a rather huge balance problem - you can still steamroll stage 5 after 5-3 by gaining an army of Jans. "On hindsight, original LF2 did this better by providing only 1 Jan with a lot of durability." Will be fixing this.

(17:22 GMT+8)
Update:
* Stage 5-2 knights & justins will no longer start off invisible due to a bug with invisibility which causes justins to delete themselves while repeating the "Move" command sound.
* Moved "killer mark" phase to 5-2.
* In stage 4 and 5, friendly Jan will only appear once, but have a lot of reserves to carry you through the rest of the stage. If you die, she'd die off quickly too since reserves will be removed on player death. This not only makes stage more consistent, it also prevents amassing of a Jan army. Thanks Ramond!
* Stage 5 is now more difficult now that Jan is a guaranteed ally.
* Survival revamped. The initial idea of "themes" every 5 phases doesn't work; when I played it myself I don't really see clear themes, just enemies to fight unless I see them all at once. Now Survival has 25 phases that repeats itself instead of 100 repetitive phases; in future shall make additional phases in time where gimmicks start appearing to make it more interesting.

Those who have already downloaded the .rar don't need to re-download again. You can just open a DCer and copy paste the code in the spoiler.

EDIT:
Added a video of stage 3-3 and 3-4. I think this section bests represents what the custom stage is like. See 1st post.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Deep
God damn this is tough. I managed to ace it once using Freeze, but then I realized the recording didn't get saved because there was no "recordings" folder. Shock
Thanks given by: STM1993 , Deep