Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Originals - new moves
(04-23-2015, 05:03 PM)Memento Wrote:  I uploaded a very basic improved louis.dat to dropbox. I basically improved his overall speed. Specifically:
- running 9 -> 9,7;
- punching 8TU -> 7TU;
- took 1TU off his first D>J frame.

I gave his D^J a state: 4 (jumping state) so his armor will work as if he's not attacking, and took off 1TU. This way, D^J becomes a better counter.

(TU=time unit)

will check it after my exam in sunday :P or whenever ill feel to curious before that >.<
Quote:Nobody responded to the moves I suggested: the charged punch as a counter and the shockwave move as an AoE attack. I suppose that is because the options aren't popular enough, so lets just forget about those options.
i actually like the energy wave one, it fits for his other attacks style
and a punch as a counter move also sounds good, it will give him more options to turn the situation for his favor.

Quote:PS I semi-forgot about an important strenght of Louis: he is able to jump and dash very high in general, which makes him special. We could also consider a move performed from the sky if you guys have a good idea.

Jumping high- increasing his armor weigh(we can give it some kind of aura so people will understand something happens) than falling to the ground so hard, with some aoe dmg and effect of ground smashed

Edit:
sketch
[Image: cNUIXYg.png]
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: Memento
Shockwave idea:
[Image: shockwave_zpsmc1jvq69.gif]

Shall we make this, yes or no?

We should make the animation a bit better of course. Add some hair movement, on-body glow should also fade. But that's easily done.

If you guys still prefer the laser attack, please post a template / animation ...
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: Ariel , Rhino.Freak
prefer this over laser.. but we should do this attack like D^A and make it really fast move but not too powerful tho. Does slight damage but most important is to blow enemies away.

EDIT: i already had something similiar in mind for main villian..
Thanks given by:
(04-26-2015, 02:26 PM)Marko Wrote:  prefer this over laser.. but we should do this attack like D^A and make it really fast move but not too powerful tho. Does slight damage but most important is to blow enemies away.

EDIT: i already had something similiar in mind for main villian..

It shouldn't be a problem to think of new attacks for the main villain. But yea, he'll definately need some AoE attack.

As for the new Louis move, please respond ASAP so that JoHo15 can start spriting something. So tell me:
- If you like the shockwave move (either by comment or 'thanks' on my previous post if you like it, by comment if you don't like it)
- if you don't like it or would rather go for the laser move, please share a template for it
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
should it not look something like this,
if it only should hit enemys in the ground area:
ground area: (Click to View)
or should it also hit in the air then i would make it probably more like a field:
also in the air (Click to View)
ofc if we will use this move, i am also fine with the ground smash from ariel or the laser :P
btw why not both ?

Edit:
with both i meant something like laser and shockwave
[Image: ZHkICNr.png][Image: adGT3Xm.png]
Thanks given by: Memento
(04-27-2015, 05:52 PM)JoHo15 Wrote:  should it not look something like this,
if it only should hit enemys in the ground area:
ground area: (Click to View)
or should it also hit in the air then i would make it probably more like a field:
also in the air (Click to View)
ofc if we will use this move, i am also fine with the ground smash from ariel or the laser :P
btw why not both ?

I intended it for the ground area only, but I prefer the last version you suggested!

I wouldn't do both, wouldn't serve much purpose as both are AoE moves and it shouldn't just end up as some kind of filler.. I think 1 new move and some small improvements should be plenty to make Louis a good character :)

I think you can start making the move soon JoHo, we already have 3 people agreeing on this ^_^

Shall we go with something similar to JoHo's last version?
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
What about using his falcon punch to do something like freeze does.? but instead of summoning ice or anything else, some random stuff happens.
[Image: haXZ9vz.gif]
It would appear randomly.
Useful
Thanks given by: Marko
I prefer the shockwave still
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
(04-27-2015, 07:12 PM)Sänger Wrote:  What about using his falcon punch to do something like freeze does.? but instead of summoning ice or anything else, some random stuff happens.[Image: haXZ9vz.gif]

Actually, this is more Louis-ish in my opinion. That green punch, you have seen it already so basically we doesn't change Louis behaviour at all, but we just makes him use what he already has in different ways. It's also big AoE attack and is more unique.. that explosion move would basically fit anyone so i think we shouldn't "waste" that general, standard, regular moves right away. Also i noticed that Louis doesn't have normal greeen energy ball like Davis, Dennis, Woody, Jack, Julian (...) expect the green punch which is not energy ball, LouisEX as well, so idk where would suddenly that green energy come from.

I might nit picking but that's only way something can be done properly. I am not against energy explosion, but i prefer that green punch.
Thanks given by: Gespenst
(04-27-2015, 08:13 PM)Marko Wrote:  
(04-27-2015, 07:12 PM)Sänger Wrote:  What about using his falcon punch to do something like freeze does.? but instead of summoning ice or anything else, some random stuff happens.[Image: haXZ9vz.gif]

Actually, this is more Louis-ish in my opinion. That green punch, you have seen it already so basically we doesn't change Louis behaviour at all, but we just makes him use what he already has in different ways. It's also big AoE attack and is more unique.. that explosion move would basically fit anyone so i think we shouldn't "waste" that general, standard, regular moves right away. Also i noticed that Louis doesn't have normal greeen energy ball like Davis, Dennis, Woody, Jack, Julian (...) expect the green punch which is not energy ball, LouisEX as well, so idk where would suddenly that green energy come from.

I might nit picking but that's only way something can be done properly. I am not against energy explosion, but i prefer that green punch.

I don't think the shockwave move would fit most other characters actually, but we can make the move Sänger suggested if you want. I'm also fine with that one. The only objection I have is that Sänger said 'random stuff' would happen when he does the move. The move should be quick and surprising, but the effect should not be too variable (maybe having a higher 'fall' when you're standing close to the character, and a lower 'fall' value when standing further away).

'fall' counts the number of fall-points a character gets. Fall: 20 is equal to a normal punch, fall: 60 equals dance of pain, fall: 70 and higher equals falling
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: