Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are you active / what are you working on
(10-14-2015, 07:12 PM)Housemate Wrote:  He's good but it doesn't seems like his gonna fight or something

They are minions that work together with the wizard. They don't posess great physical power, but have to rely on special moves such as throwing ice balls. They don't need to look like they want to fight as they are actually more like locals who live on the icy mountain :)

(10-14-2015, 07:12 PM)Housemate Wrote:  shouldn't the first stage minions look like monks !?

' Wrote:Stage 2: icy mountain (Magia mask & Frost mask)
You start climbing the icy mountain where Julian is after another mask. On the mountain lives an old magician. He and his ancestors have been protecting the ice for generations. To protect the mountain, he tries to stop Julian, but without any luck. Julian is close to getting the mask.

2-1 until 2-3, you fight the Wizard's minions

The minions belong to the icy mountain stage. Why should the first stage minions look like monks by the way?
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
I dont know I thought they should look like the wizard or something ..
                            LF Extended                              [Image: 2518290.gif][Image: e38dd1f.gif][Image: 533172c.gif] (click on the pic)                       Deviantart
                            Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
you can always try to make an own sprite and show it to us :)
Thanks given by:
should be finished tomorrow

Ice Minion (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Memento , Hate
(11-30-2015, 11:36 PM)Arcane Wrote:  should be finished tomorrow

Wow wow wow, you're that fast?! But that's great news man! :D
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
damn had less time then expected, at least sth

it will still need quite a bit of fixing here and there in the end
Thanks given by: Hate
most basic frames finished

as this is a super simple normal minion (like bandit/hunter) he will have no specials.
only thing im thinking about right now, as this guy will replace bandits/hunters in the snow stage:

giving him normal punches would be a perfect replacement for bandit.
for making a fitting replacement for hunter I'd have him throw snowballs.

now my question is should it be only one character with different AIs?
In that case we would replace 2 characters with only one still being a good replacement for both (ranged and melee).
OR should it be 2 different chars? (one only punching one only throwing snowballs)
In that case we'd have to think about altering the snowball throwing guy's sprites a tiny bit so u can distinguish one from another.

opinions? :D
Thanks given by: Ariel
Replacing Bandit and Hunter in the story mode may be a good idea. I like the idea of one throwing snow balls and one using punches. However, I think we should give them maybe one special move, something that is really easy to dodge/counter probably. And if it's possible, we could keep Bandit and Hunter in the game, just not in the story mode. If that causes a problem with loading the files or anything, we just take them out and replace them. That's what I would do :)

edit: oh, yes, the designs should definately be different...
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
I really like the sound of snowballing hunters! Maybe the melee minion's special attack could be rolling into a snowball which becomes larger and larger and larger and larger and larger and larger and larger and eventually supersized (and by that I mean whole screen large) the longer it rolls and it flattens everything in its path!

Oh and the snowball hunter could have a simple super-throw with fall 70 and have a startup animation where he charges his throw by quickly rotating his arm/hand! (The typical throw-charge movement from cartoons.)

Simoneon edited this post 04-13-2016 09:56 AM because:
update rpg! >:)
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Jahvansi
..i have an idea..
What about making possible the special move Ramond came up only in certain backgrounds (where there is actually snow on the ground).
If background doesn't match, he simply keeps rolling normally (maybe for a shorter distance)?
i am sure something like that wouldn't be probelm to code and it would give new dimension to the game.
Thanks given by: Memento