Poll: Your Choice.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Great ! :O
57.14%
4 57.14%
REALLY BAD! :-*
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Character: ZENDROW Trail ver.
Alright. Here's my review.

Zendrow is a character made by DARK-EVIL aka Labeeb, using YinYin's Jun (sprites by Gad) as a base. Labeeb has added a TONNE of moves to the character, mostly opointing and I couldn't finish testing all of them as it took me too long. Zendrow is not given any AI. Before we continue, here's how to install the character:

Instructions (Click to View)
If you want to get Jun for comparison, you can download him here.

Review:

The first thing you'd notice about Zendrow compared to Jun is that his sprites are brighter. You'd also notice that his basic stats tend to be boosted, for instance having a higher jump and more z-movement while running. Basic punches take 3 hits to stun, but sometimes take 2, presumably if you punch while very close to the enemy. Jump attack is pretty standard albeit rather fast and will actually pull the enemy towards slightly your position. Dash attack is basically the Louis thunderpunch as it appears in Jun, but it should be noted that Zendrow can hit a couple more times at certain angles, albeit on the ground. >>A is a multi-hit shrafe attack where you press A multiple times. >>D is a quick dash forward not unlike Rudolf's, and you can pickup small weapons off the ground. He can defend in mid-air.

Super tends to send the enemy flying very far away. You're supposed to press J 3 times to get Zendrow to teleport, then super punch again towards the other end of the screen, then teleport into the air and do a Jack flipkick. It works, but it can be pretty finicky and it doesn't work very well if you are playing in a small arena or close to a wall. Supposedly, you can use Super +A+A as a combo, but in practice you can't do that since the super already knocks the enemy too far away.

The input for D^A feels quite random. The trick is to press all 3 inputs at once for an upward knee uppercut. If you used D^A in any other situation such as running or midair or from defend(which would happen if you pressed the inputs one by one), you'd do a Jack flipkick.

Pressing DJA once will give you state 1700 healing like John (+J for more healing). DvJ will turn you invisible.

The rest of the moves are very largely opoint spam. Zendrow doesn't actually deal a lot of damage by himself even with his strongest moves, but the thing is that his opoints are mostly state 3006 with no bdy, meaning they will all bypass John's energy shield / Firzen's ice shield, and will only be destroyed by colliding with another 3006 projectile like Henry's special arrow or a 3005 like Henry's shockwave. Here's a runthrough of all the general opoint moves:
D>A(+A...) = Rapidfire 3006 blasts with no bdy. This is the most useful of all the projectile moves, you wouldn't bother using any of the rest. This also has the potential to 1-hit kill by simply spamming it with the enemy against a wall.
D(+A...) = Appears to be state 15 balls with no bdy, so they don't destroy 3006 and can't be destroyed themselves.
D(+J...) = 3006 no bdy
D>J = Short distance slow chargeup X-projectile 3006 with no bdy
D>J D>J = Release 3 giant cloud balls. 3006 again, but has bdy. If it hits John's shield, it will explode into a Julian big bang.
DvA = Charge, and then Kamehameha. If Zendrow is shot before he finishes charging, the delayed smoke effect still occurs. Despite the name, this doesn't really deal much damage. Its not worth using.
DvA DJA = Supposedly you will fire giant balls. However, I haven't been able to use this move; with only wait: 3 time to input DJA after pressing DvA, it seems to be impossible to use.
D^J = Small column, similar to big bang.
D^JJ = Bigger than regular big bang. If you've played Kate-LF2, you'd recognize the column used.

What makes him truly overpowered is his ability to summon 5-6 Julians at once... all with 500hp each. They were spawned into frame 277 which doesn't exist, but they'd walk out of it and start massacring the enemy anyway.
DvJJ = Create Julian Clones
DJA DJA = Very big explosion of all the above opoints... AND creating Julian clones.

It should be noted that a lot of custom sound files are used for this character, and they tend to be longer than average so the character may sound a bit weird at times, especially if he took some hits. Data is actually pretty clean and the character is playable, but it is clear that Labeeb doesn't truly understand character design and is trying to add as many things as he can that he finds are cool. So its not a quality character today, but it would have been welcome many years ago when many mods were similarly focused on opoint spam.

Final Note:
Happy Birthday Labeeb, congratulations on reaching 15 years of age.

It is good to see that you kept your promise to release something today and I know you are very proud of your work. However, your attitude towards this accomplishment is uncalled for, it is very disrespectful. A few things I'd like to specifically point out based on your own posts and readme files:
(04-12-2015, 12:21 PM)DARK-EVIL Wrote:  And Please move it to release and Post it to lfempire main char site.
The LFE admins do not have the time to upload new releases anymore, they will remain here in the forums under the Projects/Releases section.
(04-12-2015, 12:21 PM)DARK-EVIL Wrote:  Hey This Char is Undefeatable.
Don't Challenge Him with Normal Players coz Zendrow will tottely toast the.
Try With new age chars.
like, 1)Frozen.
2) Dbz Characters, and other Special Lf2 Chars.
Z don't have Ai but Still he is great.
Don't assume your
Don't Forget to post Videos for Prove.
Images can't prove.Full fight Video will.
And I'm Sure Z will defeate Julio 6 sords armoed gay.
That is arrogant behavior, not to mention this isn't a competition to see who made the strongest character. Plus, there are now 2 videos disproving your claims. And you just disrespected the very man who let you use Jun as the base of your character by insulting Julio, which is one of his finest works.
DARK-EVIL Wrote:------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CREDITS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This part is useless.
Because No one helped me on making it.
And I don't need credit.
But a thanks on lfEmpire to me and
Give a like on facebook Should be better.

======================================================
Uses
======================================================

Fell Free to use datas,
But beware,
No permission to use Sprites.
You didn't completely make this character on your own from zero; you were given YinYin's Jun to create Zendrow, whose sound effects were in turn originally taken from Ganondorf from Smash, and took a bunch of sprites from some other mods and recoloured them. As long as you took something from somewhere, even if you modified it, you must give credits.

Furthermore, I find it disrespectful for you to claim ownership of your sprites in such a way that you restrict others from using it when the sprites you have were in fact given to you for free by YinYin, which are in turn originally made by Gad and given to YinYin for Jun.

So once again, Happy 15th Birthday, but please be less arrogant. Frankly Zendrow isn't even that great, but I hope you will learn from this and not only be a better DCer/spriter, but also be a better person in general.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Dark_Evil, I just want to add that saying that these sprites are yours (you said no permission to use sprites) when they're originally not yours is just wrong (Did you actually like draw them yourself?).

And why didn't you give credit to Gad and Yinyin? You use their sprites, so you should give them credit.

Also, you should really read up on copyright issues.
Thanks given by:
Oh, happy birthday, totally forgot this was supposed to happen.
Thanks given by:
Hmm..After Reading All of your posts.I learned.
1.Taking Something From others is good but Don't make that all your own and credit It your own.
As a example. Someone (Ariel) gifted Me a good drawing.Then I took it and Was saying to every one that I made that and I'll not Give that any of you guys.
That's not right ok.

2.I should have Given Every thing in to one folder but What can I do I have many probs in here.
I have uploaded all things separately.Now there Is only One req. admit. or moderator. Put all seperate files in one.Rar it and post that to lfempire main site and move this Thread to release thread.

and last.Appendix voted This char is Bad.Can u tell me Is my Dc changing is sooo bad My enemy.

And guys please vote to that poll or if u liked this char so give a thanks on the top.So I'll understand.
The best Is Vote.
New Member Just Joined "2017"
Thanks given by:
not many pool options there, its not either 'great' nor 'really bad'.
Some DC changes and this would be pretty nice char.

Proper credits should be given.. also if You are releasing char, then IMHO You should make sure that all files are included, its not work that admin/moderators suppose to do.
Thanks given by:
No admit should relese it on april 12.
There is a prob and I cam Re uploade the file.Next time i'll Fully Put everything to the file now just plz release it.

Ramond edited this post 04-12-2015 07:52 PM because:
We will move it to Releases once you fix the download. (Put everything belonging to the char in one folder, zip or rar, and upload that folder with proper instructions on how to install it.)
Thanks given by:
so that was what you were saying in an thread{which thread i dont remember} it was asecret until april 12th

anyways happy b'day

LIFE DEDICATED TO LF2

Thanks given by:
If i'm not wrong than i guest i have seen this character with full sprite known as JUN but there isn't any read me but i guest it is created my Yin Yin.
CLICK the pic to DOWNLOAD
[Image: Zepo.png]
Thanks given by:
I know,We know,Also They have thanked.
Its trail ver. 1st ver will be made by YinYin,Second Ver is the final,And that's ready for Lf2 World.
Thanks.
I'll fix the download link when I buy a new laptop.

Also I'll Modify this trail ver and remove **moves and polish it also I'll make Ai and add them too.Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Hmm... Now i relised that This char is not Standard type,
Its Over powered
Its Hard for you all to Control
Its my lamest Char
Its Unfinished

I will make better char on next time and Keep the balance. :)
Thanks given by: