Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Important! Please stick to the plan
Hi guys,

First of all, sorry for any confusion this week. From my point of view, things have been a bit chaotic recently. For this reason, I made this topic.

We have to get our noses pointing in the same direction. Right now, some people are working on a character and some aren't. Also, not everybody is working on a character that has priority at the moment. We recently got a couple of new members on the team that are very eager to start (which is great, of course!!), but we may have been too hasty with starting. I'd like to ask you to take this post seriously and stick to our plan.

Quote:#1 finish up the story (done!)
#2 which characters should be in, and can easily be bound to the story?
#3 new characters: Nino (first up, as we already have some progress on him), wizard, general, main villain (sprites of the last 2 need to be finished before Ariel leaves)

#4 originals, new attacks
#5 new characters: werewolf guy, werewolf and any other character we might decide on in #2
#6 originals, new look

This is the plan we should all stick to ^ Ariel and I decided on this order, because we need to start with the most important things in case motivation would fail us or we are left with too few members.

!ALL of us have to share their idea for #2 (in this topic). We need to do this in order to get a clear view of what characters we have to make. Please share your thoughts on the topic before the 16th.

Furthermore, everybody should have something to work on.
- Ariel & Arcane & me are working on Nino
- Mono is working on Wizard

This leaves us with:
- JoHo15 working on the werewolf guy, which is a less important character atm;
- Rhino.Freak (data changer) will start data changing when there is some work for him to do;
- Marko isn't creating a character yet, but will do so soon.

The design for the general is quite challenging, so we'll probably leave this for Ariel&Arcane to work on after Nino, and the main villain still has to be designed;

This covers the most important characters. Next thing on the list are the new attacks for the original characters (#4). If Marko / JoHo wants to do something, it should be this.

!So:
Ariel, Arcane, Mono: keep doing what you are doing :)
Joho15: please pick 1 of the original characters that you'd like to make a new move for. In the meantime, you can try making designs for the main villain if you like.
Marko: if you want to do something, please pick 1 of the original characters that you'd like to make a new move for.

So Marko and JoHo, please let us know what you think of this plan and if you agree on it (making new moves for the original characters). And if not, what would you like to do?

Furthermore, we should stop posting character sprite concepts for the time being, so we can focus on these things. We can continue posting sprite concepts once we have decided on the amount of characters that will be added, and the types of characters that will be added (both #2 of the plan)
The only character sprite concepts that should be posted are for the main enemy and eventually the teleportation minion
(as we don't have a final design for them yet, but we agreed on the inclusion of these characters).

We made a plan, so we can make this mod as high quality as possible. To prevent confusion and loss of focus, it is very important that we stick to the plan.

Please reply to this topic before the 16th, to make sure everybody has something to work on. Please answer the questions below:
- What will you be working on;
- How many characters (boss, main, minion) should be in;
- Which characters should be in.

Just reply to these questions in the 'limitations' topic, I'll merge that topic with the "updated plan" topic later and once we made decisions about the characters, I'll update the "character's list" topic.

Ariel will post a link to our own Google Hangouts soon, which is basically a chatroom. I hope everybody has time to join in now and then, it makes communication a lot easier :)
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: Ariel
i dont mind, doing a move for an original char, but should we not first get the new design ready for them ?#

i dont really know which one i pick cause i need first some time for ideas, but i am tending to pick woody
[Image: ZHkICNr.png][Image: adGT3Xm.png]
Thanks given by: Memento
we might not be able to design all the chars in the time we have
so we better get the gameplay ready and than after we will have every thing done we can start adding new details to the originals
it shouldnt be harder cuz its an addon not a redesign

so i totally agree with memento
and here is the link to the hangout
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gtbrd...tm3rgcls4a

it would be even better if u send me your google+ user (probably ur gmail- if u dont have its easy to sign up) so i could add u to the actually group and we would be able to chat 24 hours easily there
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 07:30 PM)Ariel Wrote:  and here is the link to the hangout

it would be even better if u send me your google+ user (probably ur gmail- if u dont have its easy to sign up) so i could add u to the actually group and we would be able to chat 24 hours easily there

My google+:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/1150510618...0046/posts
willem@willemlandman.nl
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
I'll write again here so you will notice
Hangout starts in 15-30 min
Better to have most of the team in

Edit:
im waiting for you there since now (14:50 GMT +2)
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: Jahvansi
(04-12-2015, 11:39 AM)Ariel Wrote:  I'll write again here so you will notice
Hangout starts in 15-30 min
Better to have most of the team in

Edit:
im waiting for you there since now (14:50 GMT +2)

I got one problem: I'm at my parent's house at the moment, and my dad decided it was a great day to re-organise our complete electricity network :p In other words, no internet most of the time! So, I'm on the network now, but I might lose the connection. Also, it would be great if we could do a regular chat without video/audio, so I can set up a network from off my mobile phone without using my +-500mbs in 10 minutes :p
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: