Poll: whose sprite is better
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Marko's sprite
46.15%
6 46.15%
Ariel's sprite
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Sprite Battle] Ariel Vs Marko
Marko
i like the color pallete that you went for however as you mentioned before you still got a few things you need to work on like your stretched out body proportions. I put a ton of work on my huge scaled works and even then when i resize i notice a lot of my flaws and i rework over it again. This process isnt ideal but it helps me. The cape has to be my favorite thing about this sprite.

edit) forgot to mention: try to enlarge the eyes a bit after you shrink it. he'll look cuter and more lf2-styled i suppose^^
Also play around with the sizing for some cool looking anti-alias (example: sometimes i'll do a 240x240 and make my sprite either 33.3% or 33.6% and printscreen the result for comparisons. Usually this is only for facial features because that's the only thing noticable difference when you change the size but even then if you want to stick with the same body size but still want those different facial expressions just simply swtch the face over the new body and make the nessesary changes to it)

Ariel
As stated before by lauli, the posture is a bit wobbily. Ive always found this in my own sprites and simply fixed the placement last minute. I really like the hair and overall design. Im not a big fan of the color choices but as always your shading is remarkable.
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: Marko , Gespenst , Ariel
(04-06-2015, 01:32 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  instead of meaningless "I prefer X over Y" without reasons.
But isn't art supposed to work like that? Art doesn't have a set of rules to be followed, even though there are some common stuff that can, but not necessarily, make a piece more appealing than another. A less experienced target like me for instance failed to mention specifically why he prefers Ariel's over Marko's, but I could later realize it was partially because of what you've mentioned about the shading. More people where I live like pizza more than burgers, but it's mostly because "it just tastes better", even though they both often contain wheat, meat and cheese. Similarly, a more successful art piece is one that appeals to a broader audience.

Edit: @V Yes definitely. What STM seems to be referring to is flattery, which I don't really think it has existed in this thread.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(04-06-2015, 02:07 PM)Doctor A Wrote:  
(04-06-2015, 01:32 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  instead of meaningless "I prefer X over Y" without reasons.
But isn't art supposed to work like that? Art doesn't have a set of rules to be followed, even though there are some common stuff that can, but not necessarily, make a piece more appealing than another. A less experienced target like me for instance failed to mention specifically why he prefers Ariel's over Marko's, but I could later realize it was partially because of what you've mentioned about the shading. More people where I live like pizza more than burgers, but it's mostly because "it just tastes better", even though they both often contain wheat, meat and cheese. Similarly, a more successful art piece is one that appeals to a broader audience.

but that doesn't mean you have to go anonymous. Just say what feelings that drawing gives you. You don't have to say reason why.
Thanks given by:
now its a 50-50! xD

Who won? Who's next?
YOU DECIDE!

Epic sprite battles, epic sprite battles, epic sprite battles, of, of, of historyyy!
Thanks given by: