Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buying notebook :p
(03-12-2015, 11:36 AM)Bamboori Wrote:  i just dont know what exactly i need.
I have bad experience with my own old hardware in terms of performance.
No matter how much advice or research you get, used hardware probably won't manage to do the clean 60fps on simple games anymore even if it was at one point set out to do it just fine.

What you need to do is get in contact with or find sellers who offer some recent benchmarking of their hardware. Best case with the exact game/software you want to use on it - because C/GPUs can age really badly
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2015, 01:33 PM)YinYin Wrote:  I have bad experience with my own old hardware in terms of performance.
No matter how much advice or research you get, used hardware probably won't manage to do the clean 60fps on simple games anymore even if it was at one point set out to do it just fine.

What you need to do is get in contact with or find sellers who offer some recent benchmarking of their hardware. Best case with the exact game/software you want to use on it - because C/GPUs can age really badly

Citation? This doesn't sound like real life. I mean, these things should either work, or fail. Their performance cannot just drop. Maybe your old hardware was full of dust so it would overheat and throttle itself. Otherwise they should work at their original speed. Sure, maybe the silicon degrades, but the "speed" depends on the clock rather than actual switching speed of the individual switches in silicon. Either everything keeps up with the clock rate, and then it works at the original speed. Or it can't keep up with the clock rate, then it just doesn't work.

Ontopic:

Unless you find an insanely good deal on a laptop, I doubt you will be able to run CS:GO at a constant 60 FPS. It's a new game, you can't run it on low-end, previous gen hardware (especially on a laptop). The video linked by STM probably provides a pretty accurate CS:GO experience, except yours will most likely be slightly worse as you have the mobile version of the graphics card (which always perform worse than their desktop counter parts).
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: A-Man
Sorry Offtopic-
CS:GO is just as similar to condition zero.. Nothing more has changed in this game expect some graphics and some extremely small things... Rest everything is same
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2015, 02:26 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  
(03-12-2015, 01:33 PM)YinYin Wrote:  I have bad experience with my own old hardware in terms of performance.

Citation? This doesn't sound like real life. I mean, these things should either work, or fail. Their performance cannot just drop. Maybe your old hardware was full of dust so it would overheat and throttle itself. Otherwise they should work at their original speed. Sure, maybe the silicon degrades, but the "speed" depends on the clock rather than actual switching speed of the individual switches in silicon. Either everything keeps up with the clock rate, and then it works at the original speed. Or it can't keep up with the clock rate, then it just doesn't work.

You are right.
Though for all I know once the silicon structure has already been damaged by operating too hot over years it will also heat up more than usual and as you say throttle itself - even without dust.
Thanks given by:
small update: managed to get a halfway broken ACER Aspire 7530 for 42,50€.
hopefully ill be able to fix it :p (the only issue should be overheating)
Thanks given by:
Maybe, but there can be a drill upon you later if it still has some problems...
Thanks given by:
so far its looking pretty good... only needs a throughout cleaning and maybe an external cooling pad.

drill? i aint not drilling any holes in that thing
Thanks given by:
You got yourself a bargain mate :). Only problems I've heard about Acer notebooks are rumors that they tend to heat up a lot.

Edit: Yeah, a cooling pad should do.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
maybe its gonna make it a too bulky i think
yeah if it overheats you can drill a hole to make it blast and face is gonna be like
[Image: blackface_3910.jpg]
wtf did i just see
Maximum Battery Run Time 3 Hour
and nvidia geforce, i dont think that its enough for cs:go, now u should go home (not really :p)
Thanks given by:
well google says go "only" gives 100-70 fps on middle settings, which is still MUCH more than my mini pc gave me which i used on LANs before (30 at most, usually less and with lowest settings).

bulkyness and batterytime luckily are factors i dont need to care about. well i still need to be able to carry it, but a cooling pad doesnt weight the world (especially when compared to that 17" monster :D)
Thanks given by: