Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Neora or Exe mod
(03-18-2015, 10:25 AM)YinYin Wrote:  
Quote:Is Neora/Alkarters PDK the Chinese crazy exe mod? From here: http://ztage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1...&start=240 ?
Is that person still active?
I think it may be the better alternative to update this executable to either include or work with the latest ddraw.dll instead of creating a compatible ddraw fork. It would be a more complete package to work with instead of a patchwork of hacks that will probably fail to work together upon updating any part of it.
(perhaps that's also in the interest of the author)

I don't think he is active. Upgrading the exe is not an option. He modified the exe directly. As far as I can tell, he just did it all by hand. This is how I worked back in 05-06. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I would not believe what he did was possible. He has no way of recreating all of this on another exe without starting from scratch. It is a shame he did not do it with the dll system, then we would just have to update the offets and everything would most likely work.

tl;dr someone would have to be crazy and have a lot of time to try and bring over all the changes over to 2.0a.

Updating ddraw.dll is much easier. In fact, we could just create one ddraw.dll which works with both versions by detecting the lf2 version and choosing the correct addresses based on that.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: YinYin
(03-18-2015, 01:38 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  
(03-18-2015, 10:25 AM)YinYin Wrote:  
Quote:Is Neora/Alkarters PDK the Chinese crazy exe mod? From here: http://ztage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1...&start=240 ?
Is that person still active?
I think it may be the better alternative to update this executable to either include or work with the latest ddraw.dll instead of creating a compatible ddraw fork. It would be a more complete package to work with instead of a patchwork of hacks that will probably fail to work together upon updating any part of it.
(perhaps that's also in the interest of the author)

I don't think he is active. Upgrading the exe is not an option. He modified the exe directly. As far as I can tell, he just did it all by hand. This is how I worked back in 05-06. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I would not believe what he did was possible. He has no way of recreating all of this on another exe without starting from scratch. It is a shame he did not do it with the dll system, then we would just have to update the offets and everything would most likely work.

tl;dr someone would have to be crazy and have a lot of time to try and bring over all the changes over to 2.0a.

Updating ddraw.dll is much easier. In fact, we could just create one ddraw.dll which works with both versions by detecting the lf2 version and choosing the correct addresses based on that.

So it's possible to have ddraw in Neora/PDK?
Thanks given by:
I'll just mention that PDK is more than 3 times smaller than LF2v2.0. Whatever has changed it is a quite big change, and there is a good chance that porting it over will not be as simple as just changing a few addresses.

Edit: Apparently it is because all of the bitmaps are outside the executable now, so it may not be as big of an issue as I thought.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
It's possible... The question is, will somebody do it. I tried with SomeoneElses help and got something semi working.

Probably has tonnes of bugs and stuff. I might give it another try in 2 weeks when I have more time.

Known bugs:
These lines are commented out because I couldn't be bothered finding the new addresses:
Code:
    ScriptEngine->RegisterGlobalProperty("const int mode",&mode);
    ScriptEngine->RegisterGlobalProperty("const int difficulty",&difficulty);
    ScriptEngine->RegisterGlobalProperty("const int background",&background);
    ScriptEngine->RegisterGlobalProperty("const int bg_width",&bg_width);
    ScriptEngine->RegisterGlobalProperty("const int bg_zwidth1",&bg_zwidth1);
    ScriptEngine->RegisterGlobalProperty("const int bg_zwidth2",&bg_zwidth2);
    ScriptEngine->RegisterGlobalProperty("const int stage_bound",&stage_bound);
    ScriptEngine->RegisterGlobalProperty("const bool stage_clear",&stage_clear);
    ScriptEngine->RegisterGlobalProperty("const int current_phase",&current_phase);
    ScriptEngine->RegisterGlobalProperty("const int current_phase_count",&current_phase_count);
    ScriptEngine->RegisterGlobalProperty("const int current_stage",&current_stage);

As well as vrest is not accessible.

the Game object may or may not be broken.

The number of objects in the game MAY be 1000 now instead of 400. Maybe not. Who knows :P

Attached Files
.zip   ddraw.zip (Size: 405.89 KB / Downloads: 42)
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
Shock Wow, it's really hard code for me, but it's easy for you  Shock
but Ddraw.dll is not perfect, try it with davis skills, use 12.as, and try this code :

Code:
bool z_axis_dist( int dist )
// a more general version of same_z_axis()
{
    return ( abs( self.z - target.z ) <= dist ) ? true : false;
}

bool same_z_axis()
// checks whether our character is on the same z axis as the opponent
{
    return ( abs( self.z - target.z ) <= 8 ) ? true : false;
}

//... functions from above should be here ...

int ego()
{

if( dist_between(50,100) && same_z_axis() && ( self.mp > 70 ) )
    {
        DdA();
    }

return 0;
}
Thanks given by:
how can I hide charcters like Id (70-99)
New Member Just Joined "2017"
Thanks given by:
in neora?
Thanks given by:
Quote:Is that person still active?
he's left after last release at March 2014
so, no more updated. Basic bugs fixed and thats all, there is half-work abadoned. For example there is doen't working attributes "weak: xxyyy" or "movie:" e.c.t., neither documented in forum posts.

Quote:Probably has tonnes of bugs and stuff. I might give it another try in 2 weeks when I have more time.
will be watching over progress, it's gonna be great news :3
Thanks given by: