Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying PC
(03-09-2015, 11:40 AM)Doctor A Wrote:  Are you sure the clock rates don't relate to the numbers of instructions? I haven't got my information from anywhere directly; I just noticed a property of ASM instructions in multiple documentations and articles called "cycles". For instance, take a looks at this. The "MOV address1, address2" ASM instruction requires 2 cycles to complete. Doesn't this mean that a processor with 2.0 GHz could complete 1*10^9 "MOV address1, address2" instructions per a second? If so, then isn't this direct evidence that the clock speed, or its' frequency to be precise, what mostly makes a processor faster at processing processes?
On 8051 architecture yes. However there are a bunch of different architectures out there and all of them differ.

(03-09-2015, 11:40 AM)Doctor A Wrote:  Definitely one can do as much threads as he likes, but they would only cause the increase in performance if each is run independently in one core. As far as I know, if a program uses more threads than the cores available, then the CPU would just run the different threads as if they were separate processes in the same core. This shouldn't cause any increase in performance, but further worsens it with the extra semaphores and synchronization stuff.
Yes, although there are times where using multiple threads makes programming easier than doing everything on a single thread (generally when little synchronization is required).
Other than that you are correct as far as I know.
I'll point out that a game will still not use one thread for logic, one for sound and one for networking. It really depends a lot on the game.

(03-09-2015, 11:40 AM)Doctor A Wrote:  Sounds interesting. Just to make sure I got the idea of the cache memory right; I assume this is where the variables and stuff you don't store in a heap go? (I remember when I first started C++, my program threw a Buffer Overflow because of a non-new allocated array that slightly began to exceed 4MBs in size).
Not at all.
Cache is memory that is on the CPU itself. The variables you declare inside a function are not (necessarily) stored in cache, but are stored on The Stack.
When you are "new"ing up something then it gets stored on The Heap, but if you use it enough then it will also be in cache so the CPU does not have to access main memory which is on another part of the motherboard. This speeds things up significantly.
More information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDIkqP4JbkE and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX0ItVEVjHc

(03-09-2015, 11:40 AM)Doctor A Wrote:  @Labeeb: Are you seriously ready to pay 500$ for a graphics card? You can get 2 decent laptops for that price.
Show me a laptop that costs 250$ and is decent.
500$ is what I paid for my graphics card (and I bought two of them so 1000$ in total), and (depending on where you live, as prices vary dramatically from country to country) 500$ is a reasonable price if you want a powerful PC.

(03-09-2015, 12:46 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  NVidia GeForce GTX980 is really good, but do you REALLY need that much power? Between the GTX980 and GTX970, the difference isn't particularly huge, and I get the impression that you are not planning on running more than 1 GPU. Are you willing to spend an extra $200 just for a slight improvement that you probably won't be using?

Btw, I am personally running i5 with one NVidia GeForce GTX760 (I bought it before the better 900 series came out), and I can already run pretty much any game just fine.
This is exactly what I would recommend.
Honestly for gaming an i7 CPU is not worth it as hyper-threading simply does not mean much in a game.
So unless you plan to be doing things like hardcore video editing then just settle for an i5 CPU, and instead spend the money you saved on a powerful graphics card.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: A-Man
A man Wrote:Edit:
@Labeeb: Are you seriously ready to pay 500$ for a graphics card? You can get 2 decent laptops for that price.
I dont know about that. But he can sure get the latest gen. console with loads of accessories in that. :p
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock
Wow That Huge amount.I have budget. I need to talk with my father.

Until guys please post A one list Details about Cpu.And Ofcourse I am not paying not much money for that.
I just need a C P U, here are details.....

1.Great gaming.Where I can Play New generation games.Such as Gta 5,Mortal combat X,Recent Evil Etc etc.

2.Don't forget about little fighter 2.Where I can edit Is as remanded lf2 tools.

3. Hmm... My second main thing,
Software,Editing:
Where I can Can RUn many new softwares.Like Video editor,images, etc etc various type of softwares.

4. The cpu company should be good too.I don't know which is good.But i am using DELL now.

5.Lastly I don't want my cpu Get wicked soon.So, please also post all harddrives in Cpu.I want them all Great type.

So,I have displayed all my words.Now its all up to you Guys.I am byuing a Cpu because my old one is Going to be destroyed soon.Also I don't want To bye Bad or normal Type of cpu.I want a good one.

And you guys were saying Core i5 is good.I don't know That how much good is that But Barely I can tell please post your posts with full informations.

T H A N K S
New Member Just Joined "2017"
Thanks given by:
Someone else Wrote:Show me a laptop that costs 250$ and is decent.
500$ is what I paid for my graphics card (and I bought two of them so 1000$ in total), and (depending on where you live, as prices vary dramatically from country to country) 500$ is a reasonable price if you want a powerful PC.
My definition of decent might be different from yours :P. But I got a mint condition laptop for that price with the following specs:
14" - 500GB - 4GB - 512MB (external) - Core i5 M520 2.4GHz - Windows 7 Professional.

(03-09-2015, 03:37 PM)DARK-EVIL Wrote:  Wow That Huge amount.I have budget. I need to talk with my father.
lol, that had always been when my dreams were crushed. Best of luck XD!

Edit:
@below: Yes, you guessed them right. Graphics card is "NVIDIA NVS 3100M Dedicated Graphics with 512MB VRAM".
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 05:45 PM)Doctor A Wrote:  My definition of decent might be different from yours :P. But I got a mint condition laptop for that price with the following specs:
14" - 500GB - 4GB - 512MB (external) - Core i5 M520 2.4GHz - Windows 7 Professional.
500GBs what (I'm guessing harddrive), 4GBs what (I'm guessing RAM), 512MB (which external what) which graphics card (if any).
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
My Recommended is 500 GB Hard Disk, at least 2GB Ram, 2 GB Graphics Card(That's what I have right now). I am pretty sure the Computer Will Run really Fast on it, because I am using those right now :P, and its very fast.

But yeah, it does depend on what new PC you want. ( Btw 1TB Hard Disk Really slows down your Computer )
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 06:44 PM)AmadisLFE Wrote:  Btw 1TB Hard Disk Really slows down your Computer
No it doesn't. Source?
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
Soooo,,,, Please post correctly What I need to bye best ....an Did u gues choose core i5 or cor i7 please also tell me. Post some options.please,

oh also I need a huge harddisk. Also what ram should be perfect that doesnot slow up my pc.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 06:50 PM)Someone else Wrote:  
(03-09-2015, 06:44 PM)AmadisLFE Wrote:  Btw 1TB Hard Disk Really slows down your Computer
No it doesn't. Source?

I used it once, it slowed down my PC a lot, idk why, but It might not do so for everyone.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm.... Cant i use high ram that doesnot slow down the pc.
Thanks given by: