if you want we can use my louis as a skin
we will just need to make his attacks cuz i already done the basics
than we could make louis ex have a spear that will look steampunkish
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: Gespenst
new designs

[Image: OZmNANT.png]
Dennis could be scholar type.
Deep went on a trip to learn more about swordsmanswhip and also got another sword (extra moves for him)
Useful
Thanks given by: Ariel , Memento , Jahvansi , Rhino.Freak
basically they looks good but,
Davis change is not noticeable enough.
Woody shoulders looks weird, try to take them down by 1 or 2 pixels.
Dennis might be too much (?) it could take lots of time to sprite all basics.
Deep second sword looks weird it doesn't seems like a sword.
could u show deep with only the cloak without the sword and shoulder thingy?
Thanks given by:
[Image: OZmNANT.png]

I realy enjoy those sprites!

About davis I realy dont know what to say, the pony tail is cool, but it might be unnoticeable as Ariel pointed out.
Woody is cool, no critics here :)
Dennis is nice as well but that realy could be too much^^
I realy love the idea behind Deep u came up with! the beard fits perfect and a second sword for new attacks would be awesome as well. Maybe place the sword on his other shoulder to make it look better?

quick edit: [Image: deep313124_by_janisarcane-d8l6yz3.png]

Also I didnt share my opinion on Ariels BP edition of Louis.. I realy love it and had no problem with using it for the mod :)
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2015, 08:15 PM)Arcane Wrote:  [Image: OZmNANT.png]

I realy enjoy those sprites!

About davis I realy dont know what to say, the pony tail is cool, but it might be unnoticeable as Ariel pointed out.
Woody is cool, no critics here :)
Dennis is nice as well but that realy could be too much^^
I realy love the idea behind Deep u came up with! the beard fits perfect and a second sword for new attacks would be awesome as well. Maybe place the sword on his other shoulder to make it look better?

quick edit: [Image: deep313124_by_janisarcane-d8l6yz3.png]

Also I didnt share my opinion on Ariels BP edition of Louis.. I realy love it and had no problem with using it for the mod :)

I am not sure about the Woody edit, I like the original sprite better honestly. The others are absolutely great! Wouldn't Dennis and Deep be too much work? I don't think the sprites are 'too much' in terms of diffirence from the original. All characters are still recognisable, and improved (except for woody imo). If the sprites aren't too much work, I'd definately vote 'yes' to those sprites!

As for Davis, it is indeed a minor edit. Perhaps a new belt similar to this would fit him.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
About boxing belt, I think of him more as a street fighter than ring fighter. Also, backstory makes easier to design.
Useful
Thanks given by:
my quick edits:
longer hair more bandages
[Image: QZFGLnD.png]
took off second sword from arcane version
[Image: uC8Fbev.png]

and made quick woody design:
[Image: xo3QgVb.png]
Thanks given by: Memento
what about mixing together those 2 versions u did?

[Image: woody32131_by_janisarcane-d8l7e04.png]

I realy liked the idea of woody wearing a jacket with hoody.
Could be implemented story-wise that woody trained in colder regions and on mountains.
Arent atlethes training on mountains as well as there is thinner air which will training harded but more efficient?
Im not sure bout this fact but I think i heared of sth like that :,D

About Deep:
what about if he has no second broadsword on his back but rather sth like a short dagger.
I remembered that there was such concept for the sprite I have as ava right now.
sth like those:
some knife holder (Click to View)
this way we could use this sprite
[Image: uC8Fbev.png]
and still give a meaning to those belts over his chest AND are able to give deep moves with that new dagger.
The technique of using a dagger while fighting even when ur main weapon is a sword he learned by a Vagabond sword master.

About Dennis as a scholar:
I liked the idea itself tho this would take away the story of him training together with nino, sharing headbands and therefore we'd need another introduction for Nino.
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Ariel , Memento , Rhino.Freak
First of all, Deep looks amazing dudes! Really suits him..the story and that beard! (King Vegeta anyone?)
Woody with a jacket is also a win-win.. He looks much better, updated and also there wont be that much effort in conversion.

I know you guys are saying that Davis' hair wont be noticeable but in other frames it will. Like running, attacking..even walking.
I'm not really sure about Dennis, but whatever you guys feel is good for him, im in for it.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
Seriously, you guys are the best!
Amazing edits.

We can definately bound Nino to the story without Dennis by the way.

For example, he could be a guy that has been trying to prevent others from collecting all the masks all by himself, than joins forces with the little fighters. The little fighters don't trust him completely even though he's on their side, as they are afraid he wants to find the masks for himself;
or he could be Woody's nephew and Woody and Nino train together. Woody tells Nino about what is going on and Nino decides to join forces.

Those 2 options are just examples. It won't be hard to find a way to bind him to the story.

[Image: woody32131_by_janisarcane-d8l7e04.png]

I like the version on the right. A darker hoody might work better though, not sure.

Anyway, I agree on all these new sprites to be made. If you still want to make edits, go ahead of course.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: