Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LF2 Arena (Open Sourced)
(03-28-2015, 06:12 AM)K.J Wrote:  well we tested the Arena and we found out something freakly strange you didn't mention about:

at first it worked fine, but after a few second lf2 became slower and in the end it lag-to-DC.
other functions we didn't test(or i don't know if they've been tested yet).

what is this situation? Shock

I see. Arena needs to be rewritten. I will rewrite it again with a shiny and more secure code.
But I have other stuff to do:/
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
~ Sorry for gravedigging ~

I tried to play today using this but it was utter failure for me.
First I tried with a mod, and the arena kept throwing errors coz the game wasn't named lf2.exe .. after renaming, and launching, it's always just stuck on the connecting screen saying "not responding".. always.. I tried waiting for like 5 minutes but no use.

Then I tried using original lf2 but still it kept happening. :/ how do I even play with this?

http://prntscr.com/7td8tz

Also I couldn't find any explanation of what the "room" "keycombo" "cheat" thingies are in the main post.

EDIT: I wasn't hosting a room -_- okay it worked after that.
Testing it now.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by: T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Okay so I tried it to play a mod online with two players.. But the opponent wasn't able to join the room.. (I was the one hosting it).. So is it just me or online matches aren't supported yet?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[Image: 11twnjn.png]
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2015, 01:01 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  ~ Sorry for gravedigging ~

I tried to play today using this but it was utter failure for me.
First I tried with a mod, and the arena kept throwing errors coz the game wasn't named lf2.exe .. after renaming, and launching, it's always just stuck on the connecting screen saying "not responding".. always.. I tried waiting for like 5 minutes but no use.

Then I tried using original lf2 but still it kept happening. :/ how do I even play with this?

http://prntscr.com/7td8tz

Also I couldn't find any explanation of what the "room" "keycombo" "cheat" thingies are in the main post.

EDIT: I wasn't hosting a room -_- okay it worked after that.
Testing it now.

Well, I have updated the main post, This is a very unfinished project. Very things are possible, yes, but they need one to spend time on it. So I do not recommend to play something with current arena.

(07-17-2015, 11:57 AM)T.O.R.N.A.D.O Wrote:  Okay so I tried it to play a mod online with two players.. But the opponent wasn't able to join the room.. (I was the one hosting it).. So is it just me or online matches aren't supported yet?

They are supported, yes but buggy and crashable in current state. It surely is a complicated and must-well-thought-on process to write an artificial protocol which will communicate with up to 8 different clients and keep everything in sync and fluid. I have propagated it to some state where me and 5 different friends used it with hamachi and we played a 5p LF2 game with no particular lag.(If one has shi* internet, everyone will slow down) but we at least proved it's possible. But yeah, no motivation, no finished product.

In your case, you have 2 options:
How to Play (Click to View)
As you can see, much effort, better use vanilla ahmachi to connect each other or simply use Chiko's Loby.

Stay Happy.
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by: T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Actually Chiko's Lobby is down for 2-3 days.. I don't know what's the problem and we were unable to connect via vanilla hamachi.. That's why we experimented on your Arena but couldn't connect though.. Anyway thanks for your help, will follow your instructions next time!
[Image: 11twnjn.png]
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by:
I see, you don't have much motivation left.. not many people are into lf2 these days as well so it's understandable. But I really love this thing now XD
I hope I get to see another version!

Also I feel the UI isn't very friendly as I struggled finding the options etc. When you rewrite you can try to make it simpler too (I will post if you don't know what's confusing)
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
(07-17-2015, 04:59 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  Also I feel the UI isn't very friendly as I struggled finding the options etc. When you rewrite you can try to make it simpler too (I will post if you don't know what's confusing)

I never understand how that ui is confusing. It is so basic and it has very little options to explore in.
seriously
begin -> room/host's room -> play.
go play with settings tab anytime.
in begin tab, there are 2 gigantic buttons to choose from
and settings have 3 obvious subtabs to look on
really, i really don't know how it can go simpler.
Screenies (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Well now that I think about it, the steps seem fairly simple. However there are still a few things i recommend.

The first one is the text "connect to 127.0.0.1 already!"
it should first say "Join or host a room to play!"
After that it should ask you to connect or just press the start lf2 button (once wE are in a room).
(I know you can change the order, but for simplicity this one makes sense)

There should be a mini text under our IP and above the host button that says "Share the IP with people who will join the game" or something like that.
Similarly "Enter host's ip" before join button. (I don't know why it's pre-filled)

You may even fade the launch lf2 button once it's started.

Some other non UI related things that I suggest:
- have a drop down to select the lf2 directory.. people play lots of mods and there isn't a file explorer button to browse there.
- allow for non lf2.exe games to work as well (I think this is in your to do list)

Also does it not work without hamachi? The steps in your previous posts said we need hamachi AND be in the same room too.
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
(07-18-2015, 04:22 AM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  Also does it not work without hamachi? The steps in your previous posts said we need hamachi AND be in the same room too.

It works without hamachi if the host port forwards the router TCP port 30291.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: danny1114
Can you please create a version for 32-bit windus please for windus xp

thank
Thanks given by: