Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LF2 Arena (Open Sourced)
I'm for the gradient. I'm gonna test it with a friend soon.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
Gradient of course,, ironed is too flat and simple. Gradient looks as fun as the application is!
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
(02-25-2015, 12:54 AM)Dragon5 Wrote:  I'm gonna test it with a friend soon.

Sorry but, right now it desyncs in multiplayer. Doesnt give error but desyncs. I am currently rewriting the network code.
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I haven't tried it yet, but does it run at 30 fps?
Or is it hella laggy like all the other methods of playing online? lol
Thanks given by:
(02-25-2015, 05:53 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  Or is it hella laggy like all the other methods of playing online? lol
With chiko's lobby, if both players have good connections, you can get 30 fps games.
So it's really depends on your internet connection.

(02-25-2015, 05:53 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  I haven't tried it yet, but does it run at 30 fps?
Right now it's a little slower but like I said, I'm rewriting network code currently and when I'm done, It will be at the same speed with 2 lf2's connecting to each other through original game.

Introducing the....
(02-24-2015, 01:23 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Launch LF2 and connect to 127.0.0.1 button.

HowTo:
1) Set the directory at settings/personal (saving not implemented yet)
2) Press the launch LF2 button at status strip.
3) Arrange lf2 window and arena window as they wont collapse with each other.
4) Press the magical button again and you are done :D
Also changed icon to ironed one and changed some colours.
Right now hosting nor joining shouldnt work because all being rewritten.
Download
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by: A-Man
NEW RELEASE
+++ Important Knowledge:
  -If some write/read/lf2 launch doesnt work, try running arena as Admin.
  -Arena doesn't read your preset lf2 keys. You must set them in arena.
  -In arena, none of your lf2 control settings are cared, You can leave them as you want.
  -Also set your name in Arena>Settings>Personal
  -Arena will get and share all player names and write them to your lf2's.
  -You can edit your controls in any state of the game from arena.
+ Right now Arena Works for 8p.
+ No join order required
+ All special FKeys and both lf2.net and herofighter.com cheats work without causing desync.
+ Even if there is big lag due to shi**y(shiny) internet, and even if your lf2 screen gone white for a moment, your multiple key inputs will be sent if you keep holding them :)
+Room size is dynamic, host can start game anytime he wants regardless of player/roomSize ratio.
+1P is also possible. You will have some reasons to use it;)

Revolutionary news:
+ If you are in the room and gone green, LF2 will take room info and start loading without waiting others! It will wait at "Waiting for opponents" message.

LAUNCH LF2 BUTTON
(02-24-2015, 01:23 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Launch LF2 and connect to 127.0.0.1 button.

How To:
1) Set the LF2 directory at settings/personal (also go save/load tab and save your settings)
Example:
if your lf2.exe dirextory is D:\Games\LF2\LittleFighter\LF2.exe
then your lf2 dir must be D:\Games\LF2\LittleFighter
2) Press the launch LF2 button at status strip.
This magical button will open lf2, bring it to front, go to network game, click connect, enter 127.0.0.1, press ok.
It may be too fast for some systems or first time usages, so if you get some errors, close lf2 and try again. Generally it should work in 2nd try if fails at first try. But in fast systems, it shouldn't fail at all.

Now implemented lag adder TrackBar:
Increase it to slow game down (Click to View)
Download: CLICK
Thanks given by: YinYin , Bamboori , MangaD , LutiChris
this is marvelous man! Shock Shock Shock

may i ask will you (or can) improve the Chinese connection to make Chinese player can even have a acceptable speed?
at least the half of original speed :D
Thanks given by:
(03-15-2015, 12:34 PM)K.J Wrote:  this is marvelous man! Shock Shock Shock

may i ask will you (or can) improve the Chinese connection to make Chinese player can even have a acceptable speed?
at least the half of original speed :D

Thanks. But this doesn't affect speed.
For example if your friend and you are on China, it wouldn't lag. But If you are far from each other and there is big latency, lag becomes inevitable unfortunately.
But maybe all will be fast if we can get a centralized server like Chiko's lobby.

For now, that it works for 8p with a little hassle, I am pausing the development of it until I have more free time.
Thanks given by:
LF2 Arena is now open sourced!!

https://github.com/xmfcx/LF2-Arena

Just download and open .sln file with visual studio 2013 and you are done, fork it and stuff.
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak , MangaD , Bamboori
well we tested the Arena and we found out something freakly strange you didn't mention about:

at first it worked fine, but after a few second lf2 became slower and in the end it lag-to-DC.
other functions we didn't test(or i don't know if they've been tested yet).

what is this situation? Shock
Thanks given by: