Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
In regards to the CE LF2 data files
Hi.
Allow me to respond to a few questions or statements

>I believe that CE LF2 has been discontinued long ago
Short answer: Yes and no.
Long answer: I have other priorities in life that demands a big portion of my time. Free time is scarce, but that doesn't mean I haven't given thought to it.

>I was wondering if anyone still cares about keeping the data files locked?
I do, actually. I mean well done for the decryption, but I sincerely hope you can respect my wish to maintain it a pseudo secret. Further explanation shall be given if you continue reading.

>Is there a way to contact Marshall and ask him, or is he no longer around?
There is. I am here, and not some sort of digital phantom. *Creepy wave*

>And I am felling very sorry that he lost his hands.
While your sympathy is appreciated, my hands, unlike your avatar, are still attached to my arms the last time I checked. Thank God!

>In the first place, it is technically a compilation of non-encrypted works by other authors, and the now old DC tricks used are already listed on this site. There is no point hiding such content
It is true that it's a compilation, but also quite painstakingly put together, not to mention an increasingly personal touch / polish to them. It is also true that they are mostly old DC techniques, hence there's no point in unlocking as they are already listed on LFE. The idea of this mod is to make a tribute, and to ensure that those who played it realise that some so-called original ideas date all the way back (which I have done plenty of research at some point to confirm them, then received permission to use them), rather than a free-for-all copy fest. The copy-paste-colour-change phenomena was pretty prevalent back then, hence there were plenty of confusion to the authors to those then-creative ideas.

>since the project is abandoned
I am definitely not a perfectionist like YinYin (or is he called WinWin these days? ^^), that doesn't mean I don't have standards. Once I meet most of them, I can release the new version rather than some sort of half-arsed attempt that's sorely lacking compared to my own vision.

[Image: 6oQB2UT.gif]
Concept: Me and USIT-Thomas
Sprites: USIT-Thomas
sfx: JackieRabbit and Sontin
Data: me

[Image: aAnwkVr.gif]
sprites and concept: 123455
Data: me (itrs now opointed so there won't be the shuddering that you see here when it hits someone)

Quite a few of you have seen LouisEX's Phoenix Claw and Bat's Ariel Laser, among of the moves that I feel satisfied with. Hope this illustrates my point of not wanting to release something while knowing I could execute it better.

Wishing you all a year of prosperity and good health for the year of the ram (=
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: A-Man , Memento , Som1Lse , STM1993 , MH-LABEEB , Ariel , Marko , Rhino.Freak
(02-24-2015, 05:06 PM)Marshall Wrote:  I do, actually. I mean well done for the decryption, but I sincerely hope you can respect my wish to maintain it a pseudo secret. Further explanation shall be given if you continue reading.
In that case I won't be sharing the files.

It raises second question though: Since the executable for CE LF2 is based on LF2v1.9c the sprite mirroring does not work on newer computers; would making it available for LF2v2.0a be possible/feasible?

(02-24-2015, 05:06 PM)Marshall Wrote:  Wishing you all a year of prosperity and good health for the year of the ram (=
Thank you, you too :)
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
Please tell me how to unlock the dat file
Thanks given by:
I found a way but it's very very hard
Thanks given by:
Ok then. Please Explain the hard way of unlocking data files.
New Member Just Joined "2017"
Thanks given by:
You should've understood the author's wish in keeping the magic files locked. And seriously, if its anything you've seen in the mod and want to know how to do it THAT bad, then I'm sure we'll be able to help in doing the figuring out part in the data changing section. But for now, I call for closing this thread.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: AmadisLFE
(04-16-2016, 12:32 PM)Mikuni Shimokawa Wrote:  Ok then. Please Explain the hard way of unlocking data files.

I cant tell you because I am not the author of the game
Thanks given by: