Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NTSD on Windows 8 (doesnt work)
Hi guys! I (and my friends actually too) have a problem with running NTSD on my homebox (with Windows 8 on it), NTSD II and Smouk`s NTSD 2.4 wont work for me.

But i found an old 2.4 version for lobby and it worked great! I noticed that this version didn`t have hidden files, there are in the game`s folder already. I googled it and found that molebox thing. Is there any kind of solution to run NTSD on win 8 other than unmolebox it? If there not, can smdy help me with it? I`m not going to leech or steal, just play NTSD with my friend and have our fun, coz it`s the best Naruto game on pc till now. Thank you very much!

My "broken" game`s link
mediafire.com/download/3g265k85cw09374/NTSD+RE.rar
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome to the forums! The Bug Report forum actually refers to bugs on the LFE mainsite and forums themselves, not bugs with the game or modifications thereof, so I'll move this to the LF2 Mod section real quick.

On your problem itself I'm afraid I can't really help, but I'm sure the others would appreciate it if you could post a few more details about your problem, ie. what exactly happens when you start the game, or which error message pops up at which time.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(02-15-2015, 12:19 PM)Ramond Wrote:  so I'll move this to the LF2 Mod section real quick.
Oh, my bad. Thank you!

Got the same problems as the ppl there http://ntsd.open-board.com/t25474-ntsd-on-windows-8
It says that the game can`t find game`s files to load.
Could Not Open Wave File 'data\001.wav' as example than loading.
Thanks given by:
(02-15-2015, 12:39 PM)RebornsWill Wrote:  Wave File 'data\001.wav'
Does that file exist? Did you get the whole thing to work on a different system?
Thanks given by:
(02-15-2015, 12:39 PM)RebornsWill Wrote:  
(02-15-2015, 12:19 PM)Ramond Wrote:  so I'll move this to the LF2 Mod section real quick.
Oh, my bad. Thank you!

Got the same problems as the ppl there http://ntsd.open-board.com/t25474-ntsd-on-windows-8
It says that the game can`t find game`s files to load.
Could Not Open Wave File 'data\001.wav' as example than loading.

Sounds like it has to be installed in the same folder as your original lf2 (lf2 v1.9 probably).

So install the original lf2 and copy/paste the files from ntsd to that folder. Just overwrite the sprites and data from the original lf2.

Does your download have a readme on how to install?
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
(02-15-2015, 01:00 PM)Memento Wrote:  So install the original lf2 and copy/paste the files from ntsd to that folder. Just overwrite the sprites and data from

There`s nothing to copy/past, in NTSD folder i`ve got exe file and "data" folder with 4 txt files. No sprites and etc. there, it moleboxed.
Thanks given by:
That's Molebox for you. The game is quite old, and so it was probably molebox'd with an older version of Molebox that didn't account for Windows 8's new security stuff.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak
(02-15-2015, 01:55 PM)Doctor A Wrote:  That's Molebox for you. The game is quite old, and so it was probably molebox'd with an older version of Molebox that didn't account for Windows 8's new security stuff.
that`s why i created this topic. How can i run those versions on Win 8? Or neigher how can i unbox them?
Thanks given by:
Moleboxed stuff does not look for files externally?
Thanks given by:
Its exactly what A-chan said, its that old molebox and somehow on double clicking the .exe in windows 8, it can't really find / look for the basic sound files like 001.wav and stuff.

The solution? Someone with an unmoleboxed version have to molebox it with the newer ones.. :P
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by: