Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background: Brokefort_valley
(01-27-2015, 08:41 PM)Ariel Wrote:  how about Iceburn Caverns?

Sounds good! :)

I don't feel like the purple and orange go that well together; can you make the transition between the rocks and ground a little smoother?

Also, just a question, will you add some more details to the ground? Instead of a relatively smooth gradient you could give it a more painterly transition. I think, a few strokes here and there would really help pullling together all elements ;)

Other than that, it's looking good so far. Keep it up!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Ariel
Blue Phoenix Wrote:Also, just a question, will you add some more details to the ground? Instead of a relatively smooth gradient you could give it a more painterly transition. I think, a few strokes here and there would really help pullling together all elements ;)
Wouldn't that be a little distracting? I always thought the ground was somewhat monotone, so you can see the action that's going on more clearly.

Some less contrast-ish colors would do good, I think.
[Image: 8JeHjcX.png]

Nice idea with the Firen & Freze rock formation! Would be nice though, if the right side of the bg was also outside, like the left side. Tells a little story, fighting through a cave, and so on.
Thanks given by: Ariel , Memento
(01-27-2015, 09:55 PM)Lauli Wrote:  
Blue Phoenix Wrote:Also, just a question, will you add some more details to the ground? Instead of a relatively smooth gradient you could give it a more painterly transition. I think, a few strokes here and there would really help pullling together all elements ;)
Wouldn't that be a little distracting? I always thought the ground was somewhat monotone, so you can see the action that's going on more clearly.

Monotone with subtle highlights here and there. Compare with Lion Forest, for example, where there are a few grass-patches scattered around. The "painterly transition" doesn't have to be super-obvious, it just feels a little more natural than a perfectly smooth gradient.

Personally, I like detailed things, so that might explain my point of view. Eh, up to Ariel, I guess :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Ariel , A-Man
Noting to Say ..Your All Projects Are Awesome :p . :D 'Iceburn Caverns' Good Name
Quit Playing LF2 But Still Love LF-EMPIRE....          
Thanks given by:
:thumbs up: 
Great Its Awsome Bg. Hey does anyone think that what should be between in fire and ice. Ha?
New Member Just Joined "2017"
Thanks given by:
A possible transition would be using a bright yellow/gold color as with Firzen, seeing as he is the combination of Firen and Freeze, though I am not sure whether or not it would be easy to make a transition that looks good with it.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
im still not sure about the design.. :\
this time i tried to keep it all the same and no firen/freeze theme
do u think any of those is better than the last one (with the cave)?
[Image: dLkNalU.png]
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak
#1 gives the impression you're in a wasteland.
#2 gives the impression you're in a valley (or maybe a shore).
#3 gives the impression you're at height on a mountain.

I like #3 the most for the action feels XD.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
I like #2 the most.. Because its unique. We don't really see much water areas now do we?

Also would love if you created that icy BG later too :P :D
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
Hard to say which I like best. I think I'd still go with the icy background. I like the other 3 equally much.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: