Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Target someone to teleport to
? 
I had the idea of creating a move in which Rudolf throws a fake Ninja star (actually a tracking device) that gives you the ability to teleport towards him. This is some pretty advanced stuff and I wouldn't know if this is actually possible. If it is, could someone give me an idea where to start?
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
Maybe the tracking star has 3 hidden itrs - one normal for hitting, another two more for catching.
When Rudolf uses the teleport move, he catches himself and goes into a frame where he has a bdy that can be hit by the normal itr, going to another frame where he can be grabbed by the catching itr and thus automatically pulled towards the enemy like a teleport.

The "hit by normal itr" is actually unnecessary, but I added it in because it can be used to replicate the effects of teleporting towards the front or the back of the enemy depending on which direction you are facing, which also explains why I suggested 2 grabbing itrs.

There will definitely be bugs if there are multiple Rudolfs since this relies on a really large itr with a global range, so you should find a way to limit the number of tracking stars you can have ingame, like maybe make new stars destroy old stars when if it successfully sticks on an enemy.

As for the tracking star itself sticking to the enemy, you'd need itr kind 8. Unless you want the tracking star to be passable onto other enemies/allies, you'd also need to add new hidden bdys on each character for the tracking star to stick onto.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: