Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Conversation room
Plan everything to the last detail... hmph, shows that he is not teamworker. I am wont say support or against until he elaborate meaning of his organising.
btw, how he left us last time and now he want to join. He does not seems to be motivated. I bet that he feels stupid after what hes done... but who am I to judge him...
Useful
Thanks given by:
Hey Mono, good to see you're still around :) Are you on a break from LF2?

(03-04-2015, 05:26 PM)Mono Wrote:  Plan everything to the last detail... hmph, shows that he is not teamworker.

Yes, this is exactly what bothered me as well. But in his last mail he stated that he would talk everything through and we can still have our say before decisions are made. So I think it sounded more negative than he actually meant it.

(03-04-2015, 05:26 PM)Mono Wrote:  btw, how he left us last time and now he want to join. He does not seems to be motivated. I bet that he feels stupid after what hes done... but who am I to judge him...

Actually, I was the one that mentioned the subject of having him join the team again. He had his reasons for leaving, but I think we should not pay too much attention to that anymore, I already spoke with him about it. The reason was mainly the 'lack of organisation', he didn't feel the project was going in the right direction.

The way I see it now, I don't think his actions were as they should have been at the time BUT I also think we didn't respond as we should have. As for myself, I'll be honest and just admit that I was too angry to actually see that Ariel was right about some things. There's still some things that can be finished up, maybe even should be finished up, that Ariel pointed out at that time.

I think that in the future, we should make ourselves more clear about the fact that there is a problem (organisation-wise, motivation-wise, etc).

Mono, do you think he deserves a second chance with this said? I hope it makes you look at the situation more positively, but I don't want you to feel as you have no choice, because you do. You can just give your honest opinion if you think it's a good idea or not ;)

I'll let Ariel in for now, so he can see how the situation currently is and so we can have a conversation with him about this here instead of by PM.

I realise Arcane hasn't replies in this topic yet, but we've had a little chat by PM and he seems to be fine with Ariel rejoining.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
so i kinda looked in a rush about the situation here.
the first thing i would suggest for you guys will improve teamwork and motivation.
atm the team have 2 dcers that are hungry for work.
and 3 sprites including myself working each one on a char by their speed.
the main thing that make a spriter lose motivation is the long time of work on the same char.
with that said, my first point is to leave all the chars, choose one that all of the sprites will work on that char.
if we will work like that the dcers will start their part faster, the spriters wont lose motivation as fast as they are now and a teamwork will actually exist.
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
As long everything fine, then why not, about Ariel back
It's democracy we were talking about.
Useful
Thanks given by:
You're right about the 2 data changers that are hungry for work, lol. For some, time is the problem, for others perhaps, motivation. So what is motivating or demotivating for you while working on an LF2 project?

(03-05-2015, 01:47 PM)Ariel Wrote:  my first point is to leave all the chars, choose one that all of the sprites will work on that char.
if we will work like that the dcers will start their part faster, the spriters wont lose motivation as fast as they are now and a teamwork will actually exist.

So basically, pause spriting Nino & Wizard and work on a diffirent character instead?

If the spriters think it would work for them, they should discuss what character they would like to sprite :)

What character would you like to work on Ariel?
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
(03-05-2015, 02:49 PM)Memento Wrote:  You're right about the 2 data changers that are hungry for work, lol. For some, time is the problem, for others perhaps, motivation. So what is motivating or demotivating for you while working on an LF2 project?

What makes me lose motivation is working on the same thing for long time with seeing only little progress each time
we are team so working all together on each char will get us motivated by seeing each other progress
And by finishing the sprites fast the dcer will get work faster and the sprinters won't lose motivation because after short time they move to a new char

Quote:So basically, pause spriting Nino & Wizard and work on a diffirent character instead?

If the spriters think it would work for them, they should discuss what character they would like to sprite :)

What character would you like to work on Ariel?
No need to choose a new char we could decide about the one with the most progress till now
And continue on that one all together
Thanks given by: Memento
Just to clear things up why I didn't respond:

Since Friday I'm on skiing hollidays in Austria.
I'm busy most of the time here and only can look up the forum via my mobile phone now or then.
I'm happy how u decided and I'll be back on Saturday night.
The idea of all spriters working together on 1 char could work quite well imo :)
Thanks given by: Memento
We could try that, sure :D

Nino is the character with the most completed sprite sheets so far.

What do you propose for the spriting and data changing if you want everybody to work on this character, as we got 3 spriters and 2 data changers atm (Gad not included as he hasn't been around pretty much since the beginning)?

Enjoy your holiday Arcane!
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
(03-05-2015, 08:13 PM)Memento Wrote:  We could try that, sure :D

What do you propose for the spriting and data changing if you want everybody to work on this character, as we got 3 spriters and 2 data changers atm (Gad not included as he hasn't been around pretty much since the beginning)?

okie ^_^
so first we should place everything arcane did in one file, than put templates and old Nino sprites under the finished ones.
after that's done each spriter will take one lane (from the ones that aint done [templates/old Nino] ) and start working on that.
finished your lane? post and write that you take the next one.
i don't know much about dc, but whenever you see that we got to a point that u can start dcing, go ahead.
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2015, 04:13 PM)Ariel Wrote:  
(03-05-2015, 08:13 PM)Memento Wrote:  We could try that, sure :D

okie ^_^
so first we should place everything arcane did in one file, than put templates and old Nino sprites under the finished ones.
after that's done each spriter will take one lane (from the ones that aint done [templates/old Nino] ) and start working on that.
finished your lane? post and write that you take the next one.
i don't know much about dc, but whenever you see that we got to a point that u can start dcing, go ahead.

By lane you mean the 10 frames in a row that you see in the sprite sheets, right? Sounds like a solid plan.

We got a dropbox folder to share our files :) every time we finish something, we upload it there. If you give me your e-mail adress, I'll add you.

Lets move the conversation to the Nino topic to talk about the moveset and the sprites we could use as a template.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: Ariel