Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Conversation room
chouia.houssem@gmail.com
                            LF Extended                              [Image: 2518290.gif][Image: e38dd1f.gif][Image: 533172c.gif] (click on the pic)                       Deviantart
                            Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
Clearly, there has been a great lack of activity lately. As for myself, I'm currently more interested in real life stuff and going for new experiences. I don't think this will change on short term.

How should we continue the mod? Or should we keep it on pause for now?

I'd like to hear your ideas on the subject.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
i would like to keep it on pause,
i have about 1 month left to finish the course although i don't know how my time will be set after the course
but i do like to wait and see if i get some free time
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
well it's kinda sad I realy loved and still love this project but its obviously frozen lately :/
Anyway someday I want to finish this^^

even more sad for me that we now would have HouseMate here on the team who is such an promising spriter
Thanks given by:
This project should've been completed, I mean its been two years and half now since you guys started ... and yet one character realised, if you ask me .. this project is DEAD.
and instead of talking about how to start work you'all keep talking about taking a time off, please a time off from what!? no progress is done yet.
we should do some sorta plan for the progress, as I also some of you claiming to have no time for this project but still have time for some artwork and spriting compititions.
thats the damn hard truth, take it or die.
                            LF Extended                              [Image: 2518290.gif][Image: e38dd1f.gif][Image: 533172c.gif] (click on the pic)                       Deviantart
Thanks given by:
woah woah calm down mate.

U know we are no professional artist who get paid for doing their job.
we are just some dudes who love lf2 and therefor cotribute our freetime on spriting or dcing IF we feel like doing so.
we have jobs, are studiing or even are engaged into the army.
When I come home from work and its already dark outside again while my mates where enjoying the day playing basketball at more or less good wether I most often dont feel like sitting in my room for myself and do some spriting.
Especially its quite exhausting for myself spriting whole chars as its rather boring imo.
I then much more prefer hanging out the evening with my friends and having some fun.
A single sprite for a contest for example is something I enjoy much more then a whole char, its just less time consuming and more fun.

So dont get me wrong, I appreciate your entusiasm but we are not forced to do anything here while there is no contract as its fanwork, we do it for fun and if its more fun doing sth else in our freetime then theres nothing wrong about that.
"take it or die" is a cute and childish comment mate, think about that.
Thanks given by: Hate
(11-28-2015, 08:46 PM)Arcane Wrote:  woah woah calm down mate.

am chill, am not attacking anyone am just saying ..

(11-28-2015, 08:46 PM)Arcane Wrote:  U know we are no professional artist who get paid for doing their job.
we are just some dudes who love lf2 and therefor cotribute our freetime on spriting or dcing IF we feel like doing so.
When I come home from work and its already dark outside again while my mates where enjoying the day playing basketball at more or less good wether I most often dont feel like sitting in my room for myself and do some spriting.
Especially its quite exhausting for myself spriting whole chars as its rather boring imo.
I then much more prefer hanging out the evening with my friends and having some fun.
A single sprite for a contest for example is something I enjoy much more then a whole char, its just less time consuming and more fun.

You know that marti had life too, right? and he wasnt paid and it wasnt a job and it was a fanmade, but he was coming home from his work to create this game you are a fan of right now, all this sh*t doesn't matter all am saying is you can have a life and create a nice game at the same time, if you want = you can .. simple as that.

(11-28-2015, 08:46 PM)Arcane Wrote:  think about that.

think about what.
Thanks given by:
Pardon for barging into this convo.
(11-28-2015, 10:26 PM)Housemate Wrote:  
(11-28-2015, 08:46 PM)Arcane Wrote:  U know we are no professional artist who get paid for doing their job.
You know that marti had life too, right? and he wasnt paid and it wasnt a job and it was a fanmade, but he was coming home from his work to create this game you are a fan of right now, all this sh*t doesn't matter all am saying is you can have a life and create a nice game at the same time, if you want = you can .. simple as that.
LF2 is an indie game that was paid through advertisements, donations and Davis action figures, and being one of the two creators would be really nice on a resume. Modding LF2 like this? No one is getting any payment, and there isn't much you can put on your resume.

Time isn't as easy to allocate as you think, because things can happen spontaneously that'd screw up any plan you've set up, and some things require a work flow to make good progress. Want = Can is a very naive way of thinking, especially when you should be aware that one of the team members is now serving the military, and having been conscripted myself not long ago, I can tell you there's not much you can do when you have limited access to a computer, let alone internet, and are obligated to be ready to be called into action for any reason.

Even if its true that people can squeeze in the time to sprite a bit each day(and its really tiring after coming back home from work), people would put more priority on things they actually enjoy(or wish to do) and things they actually need to make the best out of life(work, family and relationships). Why should I spend 30min on a sprite which I personally gain nothing out of and find boring, when I can invest those extra 30min in my studies/work/friends/family to make sure I am successful and happier?

My point is Housemate, LF2 simply isn't a priority for many of us here in LFE, and it wouldn't be fair to expect people to put in as much effort as you'd think they should.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Jahvansi
(11-29-2015, 02:13 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  Pardon for barging into this convo.
(11-28-2015, 10:26 PM)Housemate Wrote:  
LF2 is an indie game that was paid through advertisements, donations and Davis action figures, and being one of the two creators would be really nice on a resume. Modding LF2 like this? No one is getting any payment, and there isn't much you can put on your resume.

Time isn't as easy to allocate as you think, because things can happen spontaneously that'd screw up any plan you've set up, and some things require a work flow to make good progress. Want = Can is a very naive way of thinking, especially when you should be aware that one of the team members is now serving the military, and having been conscripted myself not long ago, I can tell you there's not much you can do when you have limited access to a computer, let alone internet, and are obligated to be ready to be called into action for any reason.

Even if its true that people can squeeze in the time to sprite a bit each day(and its really tiring after coming back home from work), people would put more priority on things they actually enjoy(or wish to do) and things they actually need to make the best out of life(work, family and relationships). Why should I spend 30min on a sprite which I personally gain nothing out of and find boring, when I can invest those extra 30min in my studies/work/friends/family to make sure I am successful and happier?

My point is Housemate, LF2 simply isn't a priority for many of us here in LFE, and it wouldn't be fair to expect people to put in as much effort as you'd think they should.

Am not blaming anyone I just thought that everyone is enjoying this as much as I do.
Thanks given by:
I am glad you are motivated Housemate. I did warn you about the current inactivity, right?

Anyway, I was definately enjoying this as much as you, and I have way more time now than I had when I was more active on the project. Yet, like STM says, you don't gain anything from working on this game, except some pleasure (I don't think spriting is all that boring, but it is still less fun and important than socializing/work/studies).

I've been socializing non-stop since the break-up with my ex-girlfriend I've been taking time to work on myself and I've been making dozens of new friends. Anyone who hasn't been in a real long-term relationship (years) would be surprised how much you'll learn about yourself as a person when that relationship is suddenly over, and how much effort it actually may take to really feel good about yourself again. Having a network of friends is very important to me, especially in more difficult times. Therefor I have been investing my time in socializing. You can agree or disagree, but for me it is the best choice to not do too much gaming-related stuff at the moment, except when I'm with friends and I'm building my network.

I might soon find the motivation again, right now it just doesn't have my priority. I think it is also important that we don't just all do what the others are doing, but if people want to do a little project for LF2 Extended, they just think about the final result and work on it instead of thinking as if it's a job and 'the person next to me is doing nothing, so I should do nothing also'. Everybody has periods where they do want to work on a project like this, and everybody has periods in which other stuff has priority for them.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: STM1993