Poll: Do you deem the WYSIWYG-mode of the editor necessary?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, please keep it!
16.67%
2 16.67%
No, get rid of it!
83.33%
10 83.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wat: Editor-preferences
Considering that the new version of the forums has been up for quite a while, it should have given you time to test it a bit. From my point of view, apart from a few construction sites, things are running fairly smoothly. However, one of these construction sites is the editor.

In order to exterminate the bugs currently present, it has become evident that the WYSIWYG-mode is more counterproductive than beneficial. For those that don't know, WYSIWYG stands for "What You See Is What You Get"; instead of seeing things like [b]bold text[/b], it'll directly look like this: bold text. Now as neat at this is, this features seems to be extremely buggy (not that whole editor itself is borked, but I'd say that at least the majority of possible bugs is located in the wysiwyg-area).

Hence, I propose to get rid of the WYSIWYG-mode (source-mode with all these buttons will stay). After all, the preview post-button is more reliable anyways. However, as it affects all of you, I'd like to let you take part in a little poll. Please vote and/or give reasons for or against the WYSIWYG-mode. Thanks!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
That's tough. Because you can set your options to make the source mode default. So I am happy already.
I'd argue that these bugs are more frustrating to everyone at some point than the feature itself can make up for - so get rid of it.
Thanks given by:
Image-hosting sites often have a link with the [img][/img] tags already in it so you can easily make the picture show;
It's not so hard to do the same thing in the editor either :p I personally haven't experienced any problems with the current editor that I can remember, but if the editor has annoying bugs, it's probably best to just get rid of it. Old editor worked fine also :) 
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
this feature looks nice and i havent expected any bug by myself, expect coding. i.e. i want to make a DC code it just appear as code.

if you find hard to solve bugs in this feature, then for me you better quick it, it's not a necessary thing
Thanks given by: