Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luti's Portfolio
:[ 
So my portfolio review is coming up and i noticed i don't have a lot of drawings that focus on perspective.
Instead most of my pieces focus on design and are in black and white but i do have a couple that are in color.

im running outa time, can anybody throw out some ideas or suggestion on what i could use for my piece?

I'm thinking i could just draw a house or a building...
yeah yeah i know it's not that impressive... just help me out bros

Thanks!
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
Nice portfolio.
Here, have some perspective inspo.

Kim Jung Gi:
[Image: Crowd.jpg]
[Image: 258573_214879748641687_954069746_o.jpg]
[Image: Werber-1403481_401840943278899_1433349_o.jpg]

Tatsuyuki Tanaka:

Moebius:
[Image: 40-days-2-706889.jpg]
[Image: 40daysb.jpg]
[Image: 40-days-3-749584.jpg]

Also, how would the picture on the bottom in the middle look without the filter?
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Nyamaiku
how about   futuristic stuff?
train station, house.
Maybe something with steam punk :)
Useful
Thanks given by:
lauli Wrote:how would the picture on the bottom in the middle look without the filter?

Not really sure where the original went but the outline was definitely scratchy and I didn't like it.
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
LutiChris Wrote:Not really sure where the original went but the outline was definitely scratchy and I didn't like it.
Yea, it kind of shows that it was scratchy and you tried to cover it up digitally. I'd swap it out with something new?

It has pretty good colors and composition though. Reminds me somewhat of this (I'm actually serious about this):
[Image: Spaghettimonster.jpg]
And this:
[Image: 800px-Creación_de_Adán_%28Miguel_Ángel%29.jpg]
Thanks given by: Nyamaiku , LutiChris
Who is your target audience? Of course, a great variety is a plus but if you're, for example, applying for a position in the creature-design-branch, the focus would obviously be more towards anatomy, details such as clothing, and novel ideas related to it (that still need to make some sort of sense; a monster that has eyes on its toes only doesn't seem to be that smart). If you're striving to create sprites for a living, you'll definitely need to show more of them.

There is no "1 for all"-portfolio and art directors that look for an environment-designer (again, just another example) don't care if you can draw cartoon-characters. Hence, tailor your portfolio to the respective needs.

Most importantly, feature only your best works. I see a few images that look like they took less than 5 minutes to create (for example second row, third image). This doesn't have to mean that it was really created so quick but it doesn't help improving your appearance.

With that being said, the classic perspective-themes are all sorts of buildings and/or citiscapes. In short, don't just draw a house, draw a manor. Details matter.

Examples... (Click to View)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: LutiChris
@bp
im transferring to a 4 year school, im at a community college right now and the other college im applying to has more classes available for me to take for the curriculem that im interested in. However, it's not considered an actual art school so i thought maybe they would need to see general knowledge of techniques and i've only come up with a few like value and design :P
Thanks given by:
if youre short on time you can always try minecraft drawings.
Thanks given by:
I wasn't really sure where to put all this stuff and i didn't want to make a new thread in case this becomes a habit but yeah here is my stuff from last semester.

Fall 2015 (Click to View)
I think it's amazing how many different painting styles you mastered. Some of your works closely remind me of Vincent van Gogh art. Which style do you feel most comfortable doing though? Or you just like experimenting and putting yourself in a challenging atmosphere and that's what gives you the satisfaction?
Thanks given by: LutiChris