Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Char] Nino
I'll just enumerate everything that I see:

+Nose, and mouth look good :) The form of the eyebrows is also good

-While the form of the eyebrows is good, I think they should be rotated a bit to reduce the mad expression on his face (its a bit overkill imo). You could eventually make the eyes just a bit rounder for the same reason. The neck is too big&buff compared to the size of his face. I think the hair should appear a bit spikier. The left jaw could be a little less hooked and you might want to shift the eyes towards the middle of the face a little bit.

About the face expression: it is just something I dislike for this character. Nino's appearance doesn't exactly shout 'rage' in my opinion. I think a more neutral face pic like Dennis' would suit him best (that one doesn't shout 'I'm gonna kill you mothaf***', its more like 'you don't mess with me', which suits the martial artist better.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
When making a drawing you can do good but from what can I see they are not beautiful.
Maybe coloring are good but your style itself, is not. Maybe its personal taste but still.

Now let's take a look
(05-03-2015, 01:20 AM)Ariel Wrote:  new nino face pic sketch[Image: GU04kzv.png]
This is not attractive, who would like to play with someone who have a scary face and as we know him, he is not scary. Nino now looks like he is sick right now. How about askin PF to make a face pic, atleast his matches LF2 style
This Nino face makes him look like a total bastard, street thug, someone who is not heroic.
Place where back of the head and back of the neck connects bothers me most.
Comparing Nino face to this, now he looks like he is seeking for revenge but in game story, whats his story in the game? Revenge type or helpful and handsome peace guy?
[Image: nwFyCQ4.png]
Useful
Thanks given by:
PF's face pics might be better Sänger, but even though he might be best at making face pics, he's not on the team. You could ask him, but we should give Ariel a chance if he wants to make the face pic himself. I believe Ariel is capable of making a good face pic, he already showed this in the full sketch. So if he wants to do it, he should just try. But I agree it should be more like in the earlier sketch (heroic, calm) and less like in the new sketch
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
A simple sketch
[Image: drfwK3s.png]
atleast thats how I see him, feel free to use it :D

//lots of placement needs to be fixed, and not I am not making a face pic :) Its up to Ariel
Useful
Thanks given by: Memento , Apocalipsis , Jahvansi , Rhino.Freak
(05-03-2015, 07:43 AM)Sänger Wrote:  you can do good but ... they are not beautiful.
your answer:
(05-03-2015, 07:43 AM)Sänger Wrote:  personal taste
(05-03-2015, 07:43 AM)Sänger Wrote:  This is not attractive, who would like to play with someone who have a scary face..
there are many cool scary guys in many games, thats not a valid point.. -_-
(05-03-2015, 07:43 AM)Sänger Wrote:  How about askin PF to make a face pic, atleast his matches LF2 style
(05-03-2015, 07:58 AM)Memento Wrote:  PF's face pics might be better Sänger, but even though he might be best at making face pics,
PF is a great spriter and i adore his sprites, but i dont think the same about his face pics.

(05-03-2015, 07:43 AM)Sänger Wrote:  This Nino face makes him look like a total bastard, street thug, someone who is not heroic.
Comparing Nino face to this, now he looks like he is seeking for revenge but in game story,
whats his story in the game? Revenge type or helpful and handsome peace guy?
i suppose thats the problem in the face pic, you could say that without the compliments you mentioned before.

(05-03-2015, 07:58 AM)Memento Wrote:  I believe Ariel is capable of making a good face pic, he already showed this in the full sketch. So if he wants to do it, he should just try.
thank you

Quote:[Image: drfwK3s.png]
its nice but i feel like iv done enough of static front poses, i want to do some in not so popular angles and maybe exaggerate emotions.
but you dont like that i suppose.

anyway, the reason iv done that face pic sketch was to see if you might agree to go for 'fighters' emotions.
those guys beats each other all day, they have aweful life when their friends die while fighting along side with them.
so why not bring that to the face pics? it brings more personality. (look at street fighter for example)

(05-03-2015, 07:58 AM)Memento Wrote:  heroic, calm
[Image: vpHefLi.png]
so how about this?
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Rhino.Freak
(05-03-2015, 08:16 PM)Ariel Wrote:  [Image: vpHefLi.png]
so how about this?

I like this one! Its a diffirent view than most other LF2 face pics and his facial expression is intense, yet I think it fits in greatly with the other LF2 face pics. The only thing I'd change is the hair (now its going straight backwards, I think some curves would make it better).

If this facepic turns out good, can I use it as my avatar? I'm getting tired of looking at my own face all the time Xd Nino was intended to be my representive char long ago lol ^^

Edit: While this one is more intense, Mono's is more calm and self-confident. I have a slight preference for Mono's sketch as the expression is exactly the way I see Nino, but both are about equally good thus both are fine with me.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: Ariel , Gespenst
Quote:there are many cool scary guys in many games, thats not a valid point..
but is Nino that kind of scary?

Quote:i want to do some in not so popular angles and maybe exaggerate emotions.
but you dont like that i suppose.
There is nothing wrong with "not so popular angles" but emotions which are more different than its game play.

simple example.
TMNT: Tournament figthers (NES)
[Image: 87434-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tourn...enshot.png]
As you know, turtles which are based on the earlier cartoon series (1987) where turtles were just a group of cheerful and playful guys.
Now look at their face pics, happy guys.

Now Nino (dont know how many times I said this) looks not Happy, so whats the story behind him, can you tell me?

New one fits it better,
Showing emotions in face pic.
This face pic would show people who do not know Nino that he is the guy with a bad past and seeks for revenge or he is just very mad but his gameplay and IG sprite look would not say the same.
Quote:http://i.imgur.com/GU04kzv.png
In lf2 char selection screen (not talking about tournament and battle mode)

edit: but who cares, neither I am staying here too long, I just need to finish Wizard.
Useful
Thanks given by:
I did the shading for the face pic, and I edited his hair a bit

(05-03-2015, 08:16 PM)Ariel Wrote:  [Image: vpHefLi.png]

[Image: nino_f2_zpskbdvbz12.png]

Clothes shading needs to be improved, I'm just not sure how yet

edit: I made some changes forms, and tried to make him look more LF2-styled, but he looks less good than before imo... I can't get the face and neck right.
[Image: nino_f5_zpsqiwzbfpo.png]
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
So today I started working on Nino (yay! :P) and I need to discuss stuff with y'all..

1. His run+attack is against the laws of physics :P He has way too less momentum to move that much, either we can 'increase his running speed by a bit' and/or 'lower the distance and speed of his slide kick'.. I'm personally thinking of doing both of them a bit to reach a satisfactory looking move.

2. As much as a I like the hold back powerup for ball, it doesn't look that good as he's stuck in a frame. what I suggest is :
Either make the bigger ball some other combination move (DvJ or something) or
Make the first 2 balls sharp hitters (less damage, but piercing that leaves opponents in Dance of pain but won't make them fall), after that pressing "A" again will launch the bigger ball. coz of "dance of pain" it'll be tough to escape that move.
(I wanna do the latter) :P

3. So what's next move for Nino? Any ideas?
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
(06-28-2015, 10:05 AM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  So today I started working on Nino (yay! :P) and I need to discuss stuff with y'all..

1. His run+attack is against the laws of physics :P He has way too less momentum to move that much, either we can 'increase his running speed by a bit' and/or 'lower the distance and speed of his slide kick'.. I'm personally thinking of doing both of them a bit to reach a satisfactory looking move.

2. As much as a I like the hold back powerup for ball, it doesn't look that good as he's stuck in a frame. what I suggest is :
Either make the bigger ball some other combination move (DvJ or something) or
Make the first 2 balls sharp hitters (less damage, but piercing that leaves opponents in Dance of pain but won't make them fall), after that pressing "A" again will launch the bigger ball. coz of "dance of pain" it'll be tough to escape that move.
(I wanna do the latter) :P

3. So what's next move for Nino? Any ideas?

1. doing both would be fine :)

2. Not sure if we communicated it in this topic, but as it disturbs the gameplay, the powerup will go out and we'll go for a more simple approach. We could make him simply shoot 2 smaller balls, both with fall: 60 and bdefend: 64 for example. New ball sprites would be good I think. He's using the small fading projectile atm, but that one was supposed to be quite weak, thus it also looks weak. Perhaps we should make it actual balls, like I suggested here

3. He needs a move that swipes multiple opponents. Original Nino had a powerful charged sliding attack. I suggest he starts with a charge (+- 1 second total), then a slide (+- 1 second total, to gain some distance) and immediately follows up with a powerful upward swinging kick (considering it is a charged kick, it can have some extra area of effect).
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: