Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Level of quality
Because spriting styles differ, we need to agree on a certain level of quality and consistency of the in-game sprites.

Deciding on this is mainly up to Ariel, Arcane and Mono
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
I say:
1or two color for dark
1 color for light
extra  color for shiny stuff like armor or hair..
 Lets stay closer to lf2 characters and their proportions.

More like
[Image: 1KVVzLk.png][Image: eH5UHA3.png][Image: 9vtJ6oc.png][Image: KSbAx1f.png][Image: elm8fWi.png]

[Image: BFN4ZvE.gif]

Contrast. I'd say lets take some colors as references from OG fighters. Just use color copy stuff and bit make it red or blue.

Do not use fancy blury brushes
Useful
Thanks given by: Jahvansi
I was thinking to make the sprites a tad longer in height if that would be deal-able with y'all spriters :D

and 4-5 shades for each color makes sense imo.. base color, highlight, shinier highlight(optional), dark shade, darker shade.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
For me, it depends if I'm going to do sprites myself as well or not. I'd set on 3 shades with a minor blur myself as I simply can't sprite with 3 colors (at least not in the same quality you guys can). Either way, the shading in your characters looks great Mono. Would be a shame to change it just because I can't do it like that :p 

Also, making the sprites longer isn't a great idea I think. It's still little fighter, and besides, it would take quite some time if you want to do this with good quality
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
(10-07-2014, 11:03 AM)Mono Wrote:  1or two color for dark
1 color for light
extra  color for shiny stuff like armor or hair..
 Lets stay closer to lf2 characters and their proportions.

[Image: BFN4ZvE.gif]

Contrast. I'd say lets take some colors as references from OG fighters. Just use color copy stuff and bit make it red or blue.

Do not use fancy blury brushes

I agree on that
Thanks given by:
Since you (Arcane and Mono) are the only two active spriters at this moment, the methods are agreed upon :) I'm looking fordward to see your designs
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: