Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Story mode (nearly complete story on page 8)
(10-03-2014, 05:18 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  hmm so wait didn't we all gave our ideas pretty much? instead of thinking more themes shouldn't we decide to actually start with one theme and go with the specifics in it?

I wanted to give everyone a last chance to add something new, but I guess we can get start discussing on a theme now; if someone still wants to add a basic idea for a theme today, just do so in a post and we should just consider that idea as well.

Just name your #1 choice, your #2 choice and your #3 choice and say why you like that idea. I got all the ideas summarized in the first post, so it's easiest to look there. Then we can discuss everything and decide on a theme afterwards as a team when Ariel is back
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: Gespenst
alright but my ideas are not there in the first post
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2014, 03:51 AM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  alright but my ideas are not there in the first post

They are now! ^_^

Okay, I'll start:

#1 An evil wizard got old, but he wants to get his youth back. He sends his appreantice to set the magical circles at specific areas. Evil wizard who wants to get his youth back takes control over some fighters (known and unknown) and by controling them, he is heading towards his goals. Those magical circles drains humans life energy and gives it to Evil wizard. So the main thing is that Evil wizard wants to get his youth back and almost gets it but Little Fighters stops his evil doings.

My thoughts on this theme: I really like this idea. You can make a cool story around it, there is a new villain that suits my own ideas of a real villain (he is very strong mentally, therefor he can control minds which makes him a real badass; he's got some powerful moves himself, mainly dark magic attacks), it also allows for some big drama's (friends being set up against each other to destroy the other one). It has everything! Story, emotion, a badass villain and an immediate reason for new attacks and a stronger opponent (mind control)

Some possible add-ons: 
- I think it would be cool to add some stuff to the story that fits the dark personality of this theme. For example, the fighters have to go through a dark forest where they have to fight off some interesting minions such as ork-like dogs etc and spiders besides the regular bad-guys. We can also make a badguy that uses spider-like attacks, make him the dark-forest stage-boss, and in the stages before facing him you see spiders crawling around on the floor and background.
- Another idea on this theme: the dark magician can have a move where he does an evil laugh and summons a couple of monsters that just pop out of the ground ^^

#2 Fighters vs Other fighters

My thoughts on this theme: I think it would be cool to make some kind of street fighting storyline around this theme, it could be combine with the 3-4 years from now scene eventually, and the "road to becoming the strongest" could be a road that one or a few individual characters are taking; doesn't have to be a seperate theme. It allows for a raw fighting game.

#3 - A mod where the little fighters have to fight against groups of diffirent orcs. The orc king is after a group of masks, because having all 7 masks is said to make somebody a god. 
He already has one mask. Our little fighters went to gather the other masks so they will have a chance to fight the king and his royal guardians. The story will take place few years after the normal story

My thoughts on this theme: 
- I myself don't really like orcs and related stuff, I think it would be better if it was just some other group of strong bad guys. Besides, if it's orcs, how original can their attacks be?
- I don't really think it's that original honestly.. it's like a mix of dragonball Z and Lord of the Rings, instead now it's not right and dragonballs but masks that they are after (it's even 7, like in dbz :p I'd change that)'
+- It's doesn't really follow the style that LF2 has, but it can be seen as some expansion pack
+ It does allow for an interesting story/stage mode

I also love Arcane's idea, but it's not really a theme and I honestly doubt it's going to work out unless we get at least 2-3 VERY advanced hexers and data changers on the team.

Also, take a look at this: http://www.wikihow.com/Write-Fight-Scenes
~it might come in handy when we're scripting the story

Edit: Hey Mono, your post , the one after this one, was the 22222th post in this forum :D 
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
#1 An evil wizard got old, but he wants to get his youth back. He sends his appreantice to set the magical circles at specific areas. Evil wizard who wants to get his youth back takes control over some fighters (known and unknown) and by controling them, he is heading towards his goals. Those magical circles drains humans life energy and gives it to Evil wizard. So the main thing is that Evil wizard wants to get his youth back and almost gets it but Little Fighters stops his evil doings.

I like this idea of mine (haha I am so ego~ :DD ) This gives us to fight against different enemy than just strong guy who uses fist,
We can think of some missions while fighting:
Kill all enemies before they set up somekind of circle.
Run out from collapsing cave or castle (again? castle?)

#2 Fighters vs Other fighters. 

someone challenged you to a fight, you must accept it or it will end up bad. Some want to kick your a** because they heard that you are stronger.

I would call this "Little Fighters 2 : Challenge". This gives us multiple main bosses, not only just one.

#3 - Another possibility for a theme: ALIENS

Its new to lf2.
Useful
Thanks given by: Memento
i got new idea while being bored this whole day ^_^
hope u might consider changing ur votes >.<
(i didnt realy like the wizard idea its not creative enough :\ )

the main idea is orcs came to town (got this idea also from mono elf sprite)
they are brutal they come on wooden ships and there are hunders of them
for example:
regular orcs (compare to bandits)
mutant orcs (bit bigger and stronger than regular)
warlock orcs (like sorcerer,firen,freeze,john)
captains that are special orcs (compare to normal char like davis woody bat etc)
king orc (compare to Julian)
3 royal guardians that protect the king (stronger than the normal chars but weaker than julian something like firzen)

now for the catch here, the king have a mask similar to julian and he came to take julian masks cuz stories tells that if one control all the masks he become a god
our little fighters went to gather the other masks so they will have a chance to fight the king and his royal guardians 
the story will take place few years after the normal story

lets says there are 7 masks in total
julian have 1 , the orc king got 2 one on him and one on one of his guardians (btw each mask will look different and will bring different powers)
with that there are 3
so the next 4 will be for the little fighters to find
so the stage mod will start fighting the orcs and hearing about the story about the masks
than it will continue while searching for the next 4 mask and lastly getting julian to our side
than we will choose which chars will get each other mask for the storyline
and together with julian they go fight against the orc king and his guardians 
with those mask in the storyline we can make the new abilities make sense
(we can even make more mask not only 7 and than every fighter will get his own mask)
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: Jahvansi
I modified the first post and considered your idea. It's #3 for me. Not #1 or #2, mainly because I don't think it's more original than the wizard theme (reminds me a lot of Lord of the Rings combined with DragonballZ) and I don't like orcs (I prefer human-like villains) :p It's a decent idea though, so it's still #3 for me.

By the way.. I asked Alblaka if he'd be interested in joining, but unfortunately, he's not really into LF2 at the moment. Some other advanced hex'ers and data changers have problably seen our post by now but don't appear to be interested just yet. I guess we should consider this fact also when we choose a theme and start adding details to it.

Please vote for your favorite ideas guys. The sooner we do this, the sooner we can start creating
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
well I think the 'fighters vs other fighters' wont make a very good story to it.. I'd like to see a stage mode with a story like never before, some twists and shocks and feels (if we can pull this off ofcourse)
Wizards story, frankly sounds quite childish to me..

I think the time leap with move upgrades and sprite tweaks is something we all agree to (amirite?)

so lets combine that with creatures..just some kind of evil creature that is a threat to everyone. What say?
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
Will post my votes later, im on my Way home...

VOTES

1#

- A mod where the little fighters have to fight against groups of diffirent orcs. The orc king is after a group of masks, because having all 7 masks is said to make somebody a god. 
He already has one mask. Our little fighters went to gather the other masks so they will have a chance to fight the king and his royal guardians. The story will take place few years after the normal story 
lets says there are 7 masks in total julian have 1 , the orc king got 2 one on him and one on one of his guardians (btw each mask will look different and will bring different powers); with that there are 3, so the next 4 will be for the little fighters to find so the stage mod will start fighting the orcs and hearing about the story about the masks than it will continue while searching for the next 4 mask and lastly getting julian to our side and together with julian they go fight against the orc king and his guardians with those mask in the storyline we can make the new abilities make sense (we can even make more mask not only 7 and than every fighter will get his own mask)

I read this idea this morning and was instanly confinced. It gives great opportunity to create nice villians who can be easily identified as a group which belongs together as well as a nice explanation for why our OCs have their new powers (masks).

2#
- Original little fighters VS another group of fighters (not my idea originally). There's another group of fighters that challenges the little fighters for some reason (could be anything: a tournament, for the mere sake of 'ruling the streets'). I think you can actually give the game a funny twist with this, for example by making a fighter that makes Julian look like nothing and Julian's forced to join your team.

This is kinda the same then 1# imo only that its more planned out already. Can be combined well so that for example the enemies dont have to be orcs...

3#
Story: Julian's gone, Davis is traumatized by the horrors that Julian made the little fighters go through and decides on destroying everything. Dennis and Woody come to talk to him, but in the end they join Davis and Davis gets them to fuse into one ultimate soldier (using Firen & Freeze's id numbers). The bad guys are mainly Davis, Woody, Dennis, bandits, hunters etc.

Out of the ideas left I prefered this the most.
Thanks given by:
If the characters in the mask-story wouldn't be orcs, I'd be fully supportive. How do other feel about orcs being the main enemy if you could also have dark figures of all kinds that clearly fit together?

of course, if i's going to be just orcs in the end, I'll support the mod just as much anyway.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
Let's face it guys, we won't be a able to come up with something original because there are a lot of stuff going on in this world. Maybe most original stuff would be how to show this game.
Compare. Example, Dragon ball, naruto, bleach, rurouni kenshin. Fighting against bad guys and stopping them. Why so cool? They have something unique. Martial arts fighters, ninjas, soul rippers, samurais.
What we have? We have various fighters, bgs which are mixed between middle-ages and modern world.Lf2 have this Fantasy stuff.
Wizard stuff is not creative? Lets make it creative. Basicaly orcs are same as wizard, fighting for something. Orcs for mask, wizard for life. Still same fighting, just another different skins. Both are fantasy creatures.
The whole mod should have something in common what all stuff would have.
How about combining stuff? Wizard is an orc like dude, like semi orc and semi human, he could summon orcs, or atleast zombie/or not zombie orcs.

but since its not the time for new idea, lets see ones who gets most votes and stuff.
Useful
Thanks given by: