Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Story mode (nearly complete story on page 8)
its just that i prefer the masks over youth as its so classic and vague imo.
Ofc there can be such a orc/fighter amongst the vilians, I see no problem in that.
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2014, 07:03 PM)Mono Wrote:  but since its not the time for new idea, lets see ones who gets most votes and stuff.

Discussing it is absolutely fine. There's always a part of an idea that you either like or dislike, so feel free to share your comments on the themes. In the end, we all have to agree on what the mod is going to be like, so it will probably be a mixture of ideas with one main theme (for example: the main theme could be a villain who is after the masks, while we may decide it's not orcs that are trying to gather them).

Edit:

How about this: if we're going for the masks idea:
The main enemy is a mighty creature, not human or orc, but something entirely new in LF2;
He has a human-like general under him, powerful and badass, that has the desire to become the strongest of all. A strong, proud, cruel villain, like Vegeta in DragonballZ;

The main enemy could be something like Malekith for example, but with a twist (Malekith is a Dark Elf from Marvel movies by the way):
 [Image: thor-2-poster-malekith-lead.jpg]

You never really see the head villain, but the general appears in the story now and then. Would be cool if you'd have to fight him twice, where he has to flee the first time and the second time you see him, he's got himself one of the masks which got him new powers so he's more powerful. However, the general would never tell the head villain that he has actually found the mask;

Then, you have to face the main enemy who is after the masks. He's got six of them but he can not find the last one. He is convinced that the Little Fighters have it, so he's going to destroy them in a great battle and claim the last mask. This enemy, the boss villain, appears to be the ultimate villain, BUT... The general, who really has the last mask, manages to flee the scene, beats the sh*t out of the guards and brings all the masks together to REALLY become the ultimate villain. He kills his boss and then you have to fight the general, who has obtained all the power from the masks.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: Ariel
well the thing that they are orc is not the important stuff in this
however
i chose orcs cuz of few things-
the masks supposed to be different from each other
so purple guys like julian are out
red demons are too common and boring
so i went on green orcs that is indeed different than human and fit to the story - they are brutal and come from their tribe 
eager to become stronger (their daily rotation is kill, eat and sleep)

@mono
the wizard is not the problem
the thing is he look to become youger etc..
that story is banal
u find this kind of story of a guy try to become youg and kill whoever on his way in many places

the problem is that u try to think of a cool story comparing to something u already know (dbz/naruto or whatever u said there).
1)u need to take lf2
2)understand the idea of it
3)twist it a little
4)add something new
5)lastly fuse it together with minor adjustment
repeat step 3-5 until u canceled all the common ideas that came to ur mind until ur satisfied enough

thats the way to get a creative idea
i dont say mine is super creative but if u guys want to try to follow those step
just think in ur mind few times about at least 3 different ideas and write/sketch them down

for my idea-
yea orc is not that creative but thats not the point here
i tried to think on a continue story for the game not bringing something totaly new
but keeping the touch of the normal lf2 and thats what i tried to bring with my ideas

for my votes:

1#my idea

orcs came to town (got this idea also from mono elf sprite)

they are brutal they come on wooden ships and there are hunders of them
for example:
regular orcs (compare to bandits)
mutant orcs (bit bigger and stronger than regular)
warlock orcs (like sorcerer,firen,freeze,john)
captains that are special orcs (compare to normal char like davis woody bat etc)
king orc (compare to Julian)
3 royal guardians that protect the king (stronger than the normal chars but weaker than julian something like firzen)
now for the catch here, the king have a mask similar to julian and he came to take julian masks cuz stories tells that if one control all the masks he become a god
our little fighters went to gather the other masks so they will have a chance to fight the king and his royal guardians 
the story will take place few years after the normal story
lets says there are 7 masks in total
julian have 1 , the orc king got 2 one on him and one on one of his guardians (btw each mask will look different and will bring different powers)
with that there are 3
so the next 4 will be for the little fighters to find
so the stage mod will start fighting the orcs and hearing about the story about the masks
than it will continue while searching for the next 4 mask and lastly getting julian to our side
than we will choose which chars will get each other mask for the storyline
and together with julian they go fight against the orc king and his guardians 
with those mask in the storyline we can make the new abilities make sense
(we can even make more mask not only 7 and than every fighter will get his own mask)

2#my idea
Julian dies, firen and freeze are out of the game they are firzen now (but i do think we need to remake his attack and balance him with the originals cuz he is op)

original louis is also out only ex left cuz if it is a continue he is already upgraded
so we got the ids of the fusions and the evolve chars open keep that in mind for later
now few years after the war all the chars got new attacks and they kept in contact expect of davis
after the horror of what julian did to many of his friends he realize this world is a huge just a nightmare
so he want to eliminate the world that way no one need to suffer anymore
he trained the same time as the others but suddenly he started acting
and the news about his change came to the other fighters
dennis and woody his best friends couldnt leave him to do that and they went on to talk with him
but davis didnt give up, indeed he mind controled them and gave them some of the powers he stole from the ones he kill
the other fighters think that woody and dennis betrayed them
so they grouped up (the ones that survived, i think we should kill a few just so we dont have too much chars)
and they went to gather new fighters to help them on
(those can be change just some examples of what the new chars could be)
the first one is Davis's younger brother
the second is Rudolf's master
the third one is human justin
now Davis also gathered many fighters to help him but
instead of keeping them he fused them to one ultimate solider
so just a map of chars we got so far:
davis->dennis,woody,ultimate solider->smaller soliders like candits hunters etc..
and our good group-
Bat, Deep, Firzen, Henry, Jan, John, LouisEX, Rudolf. and the new guys- Davis's younger brother, Rudolf's master and human justin
now remember we kept the ids of louis firen and freeze?
so davis see dennis and woody cant handle things alone- he fuses them together
and for the evolve char just chose one of those to evolve to an ex ^_^ -Bat, Deep, Henry, John, Rudolf
remember Louis stay LouisEx but he is named as Louis he just not have armor he got his spear

3#Rhino.Freak's idea A story on the timeline 3-4 years after the original LF2.. this allows for some changes to the original fighters. This way we'll have slightly different looking characters (can be made with minor adjustments like adding a beard or changing hairstyle or buffing up etc). And new powerful moves would make sense.
Also they now have more friends with them, that is the extra GOOD side playable characters.. And naturally there will be extra EVIL side characters too..
Since this is Extended LF2, this was my idea, to stay closer to what LF2 actually is.
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
Clear explanation Ariel :) 

I updated my post by the way. Do you think I should add this in the first post as a new story theme? It's still about the masks, but it's a bit diffirent from the one Ariel suggested. What do you think of the idea by the way? It's still pretty basic of course
Original character edits
Goku2021

neat idea memento.
This would give a nice twist to the whole story! :)
Thanks given by: Memento , Ariel
i support ur idea
only 1 thing missing
the part that the little fighters got masks and thats the reason their powers have changed
now if the general have all of them we have no reason to change the fighters
we need to figure it out

btw tomorrow i fly to usa for about a month so i wont be able to sprite or anything like this but i would try to login to the forums to keep updated and commoents on what u guys talk about
(and if u could keep few designs for me to do cuz i also wanna give my touch into this mod ^_^ )
Thanks given by:
I guess guess we want to get going, maybe u can just draw by hand ur ideas and upload then with phone when ur at a wifi station? :p
anyway have fun! 
(10-05-2014, 09:33 PM)Ariel Wrote:  i support ur idea
only 1 thing missing
the part that the little fighters got masks and thats the reason their powers have changed
now if the general have all of them we have no reason to change the fighters
we need to figure it out

How about this:

In the original story, the little fighters defeat Julian. Julian had one mask at that time, therefor he was more powerful than the other fighters in the original story. 

The new story starts with a flash-back: Julian was left for dead, but the little fighters didn't take his mask because they didn't know about it's powers yet. He manages to recover because of the mask. With a small army of knights and Justins, he pays the little fighters a visit and in a dialogue, he explains how the powers of the mask were able to keep him alive. He treathens them with death, and warns them: "I will find the other masks and become truly indestructable". He also tells them: "I already know the location of 1 masks: it can be found in the thick ice of mount Freeze (we can think of a fancier name I guess). The mask has been there for almost 40.000 years, but the ice is melting. I heard the ice is sacred, but who cares about sacred! Power is all I'm after. Feel free to come after me, you won't be able to defeat what's on the mountain anyway.. but I can". Then he blasts the little fighters away with a soul bomb and walks away from the scene.

What is on the mountain? It's an old magician, who recently got sick. He and his ancestors had been protecting the ice for generations, but as he got sick, the ice had started to melt due to his loss of power. Besides, Julian's minions were sent to destroy the ice which makes the destruction go a lot faster. At the current rate, the ice will be gone and the mask will be free within 2 years! The magician, however old and weakened, is still a very powerful opponent. He kills hundreds of Julian's henchmen, but there is no stopping them as they keep coming.

So in these two years, the little fighters get some alleys and train their asses off to become strong enough to stop Julian (allows for new skills and fighters). And after a little less then two years, the little fighters move to stop Julian at the mountain. However, first, the magician thinks you are there to harm his mountain and he tries to stop you. Julian's almost got the mask by that time, and he says it's all too late. Then you fight Julian and appear to be losing, but you get help from the magician who's uses his last powers in order to get rid of Julian. The little fighters take Julian's mask and the other mask and swear to each other to protect them.

Just like you have to fight 2 strong opponents in order to get the first two masks, finding each of the masks comes with a mission: defeating a (sub)stage boss, surviving a substage with dangerous obstacles, that kind of stuff. It will always be hard to get to them (or it may seem very easy, but it could be a trick of some kind ;) )

This story would require quite some space in the story mode so the original stage mode will probably be overwritten completely.

New villains come with some new minions as well, fitting the new villain. 
Villains we got if we'd use this story: 
- Julian;
The magician you have to defeat on the mountain;
- the main villain (something similar to a dark elf, see my other long post on page 4);
- the main villain's general (could be anything, I'd prefer something human-like). First appearance: strong, something in between the strenght of LouisEX/Firzen; Second appearance: with a mask on his face, as strong as Julian or a little stronger; Last appearance: he's got all the masks and the 7 masks fused together and he's wearing this mask, he's about twice as strong as Julian is and stronger than the main villain was, so a real pain in the a** to beat;

- One or two other stage bosses, fairly similar to LouisEX in strenght and maybe we can make 2 somewhat weaker boss characters fight as one, so it's actually just a duo of badguys similar to the little fighters in strenght (else we might have too many boss characters)

New friends can be similar to the little fighters (I'd love to see my character Nino being revamped and in the mod, as he was originally intended as a good guy in the forum mod)

What do you guys think? I honestly really like this idea of mine lol ^^

Rhino.Freak, could you please vote for your favorite ideas as well? And Mono, could you give your opinion on this idea as well? :)
Original character edits
Goku2021

couldn't polish that idea better than u did
well done memento :thumbsup:

the masks can be on the stage bosses
like the ice magician have his ice mask on him
than he give it to the little fighters so they will protect it cuz he got weak and old

it start to get interesting ^_^
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2014, 10:19 AM)Ariel Wrote:  couldn't polish that idea better than u did
well done memento :thumbsup:

the masks can be on the stage bosses
like the ice magician have his ice mask on him
than he give it to the little fighters so they will protect it cuz he got weak and old

it start to get interesting ^_^

Thanks! :D 

I wouldn't give every boss character a mask though, it would get predictable and a little boring pretty quick. Therefor I thought it would be a good idea to have the first mask in the ice instead of giving it to some boss char
Original character edits
Goku2021