Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
char design shows the ability
Iv been organizing lately all my lf2 theories to get them ready for post.
but something came to my mind and i couldn't put my finger on it while trying to figure it out.
the thing is, lets say you look at Firen/Freeze you can easily tell what their abilities are by the colors of their design.
same thing goes for Deep, John and Henry you can identify them by their weapons.
but when i look at Dennis , Davis and Woody i cant tell what identify their abilities.
although when i look at them i can see that Dennis is not the punching guy but Davis is.
so, i need u to help me realize what makes them seems like themself.

ill try to explain myself again-
if u wanna make some fire char u probably go for red colors like Firen.
if u want swordsman like deep u probably give him a sword and might also muscles.
but when u want punching guy like Davis or kicking guy like Dennis how will u design him?

i dunno about u, but if im gonna make a char i want it to have 2 things :
lf2 style & design and when u look at him standing, u can identify him and tell what that guy is gonna attack like.
thats why i try to figure out how lf2 designs work.
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
for Dennis, his legs look longer.
for Davis, he has all those bandages and his shirt style which kinda give us a fighter feeling.
dunno for Woody
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by: Ariel
It's more like origin (my post)

Woody:
*Lion because of his hair.
*Woody = wood.
*Lion + Wood + green color jacket and t-shirt = Jungle.
*Knee attack that resembles a lion leap.
*Break dancing kicks (I call that) Probably like scratching.
*Ball color is similar to a lion fur color.

Davis:
*Dragon because of his hair. Look here and you will understand http://lf2.net/image/figure.gif Try imagining dragon while looking at his hair.
*Blue jacket and bandages = Sky colors.
*Pants and boots are dark colored. Probably dragon body color or ... its a ground. Let me explain. Boots and pants are ground, white bandages and blue jacket is the sky.
*Most of Davis attacks sends objects to the sky.
*He shoots balls, like dragon spits fire.
*Davis uppercut is like dragon flying towards the sky.

Dennis. (Don't know how it seems for you but he reminds me of some kind of bird.Falcon or eagle. Lets say eagle because falcon does falcon punch :).)
*Using leg's while attacking.
*Hair?

or

Look at his outfit. Something classy, formal looking. Gentleman, good guy. An angel.
Useful
Thanks given by: Ariel
The lack of any strongly noticeable attributes is what makes their design, if that's makes sense.
These 3 is actually the most regular of all little fighters. I always connect them with Tai Hom village, as a kids raised up in slums, needed to learn fight to survive. They just haven't got time to get into magic, or weapons, just use their own fists.

That's how it looks in my own little scenario, now take a look at it more realisitc.
Davis obviously got his bandages on arms, like a typical boxer.
Compare his and Dennis' clothes. Pants of Dennis are much more tight, when Davis got them loose. Now upper part. Again tight blouse for Dennis, expect for vest. I suppose loose sleeves could give him some vison trouble, as kicking needs much more dynamic on whole body than punching - check how he keeps his arms in pretty much all of his moves.
Back to Davis. Again bandges, this time on torso. The area where boxers are allowed to hit. He could get it on some sparrings, OR simply being beaten up more than Dennis, whom style of fighting allows for keeping opponent on distance.
Dennis' figure seems also slimmer than other fighters.

What about their personalities? I think YinYin already wrote somewhere about it - look at their facepics, Davis is a more cheerful type. By looking at his original design and assuming he's main hero of the game, I'd say he's, "perfect good guy" - hunk with impetous nature, so fists fits for him better than, cool headed Dennis, prefering to avoid fight and unnecessary injuries.

I could write more about Woody, but in short, his military training allows him to use both, arms and legs same effectively.

Thanks given by: Ariel , YinYin , Evil Sonidow , LutiChris
Also interesting; Davis/Woody/Dennis are the only main characters that look somewhat modern. Then Deep/John/Henry/Louis/Rudolph all could be from another time, they look very medieval or fantasy-ish. And then Firen/Freeze are their own group.

You could group the other characters in a similar way.
Thanks given by: Ariel , YinYin , Evil Sonidow , LutiChris