Poll: Have you completed ice bucket challenge
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I have completed the challenge but i have not given donation
0%
0 0%
I have not completed the challenge but i have given donation
0%
0 0%
i completed the challenge and gave donation
0%
0 0%
i have done nothing
100.00%
9 100.00%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALS ice bucket challenge
The purpose of the ice bucket challenge is so you can feel for 1 second what it feels like to have ALS. To have no control over your muscles. People say it's a waste of water... but water is an infinite resource. It evaporates and rains back down. I mean the world has been around for 7 billion years... if it was a waste of water then how come we still have water.

anyhoosiles. Apparently only 7% of donations to ALSA went to research in 2012 and only 11% went to research in 2013. SO YE!
Thanks given by:
(08-26-2014, 04:44 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  The purpose of the ice bucket challenge is so you can feel for 1 second what it feels like to have ALS. To have no control over your muscles.

thats the first time i ever heard of this... considerign how long those challenges have been going on already thats a real shame.
Thanks given by: Gespenst
All this just to feel 1 second of having ALS? Complete nonsense if this is all about. Thats like getting hit by electricity.

@Lauli, ice bucket challenge is cold water challenge. Do you know that you can't jump into cold water when your body is not ready for that? Difference between body temperature and water must be reduce.
Electricity, ALS when you have no control over your muscles, can you control your muscles when you get strucked by electricity?
nvm. I am going to ignore what you posted and pretend it didn't happened.
Useful
Thanks given by:
(08-26-2014, 04:44 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  People say it's a waste of water... but water is an infinite resource. It evaporates and rains back down. I mean the world has been around for 7 billion years... if it was a waste of water then how come we still have water.
It's not just any water - it's clean water. Not everyone is as privileged with access to it as we are.

edit: additionally, what value does this information have?
(08-26-2014, 04:44 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  anyhoosiles. Apparently only 7% of donations to ALSA went to research in 2012 and only 11% went to research in 2013. SO YE!
I still don't know the actual scope or what they do. A percentage can be anything.
Thanks given by:
EXG9 Wrote:It will be like "do something "cool" or donate, entertain us".

You know that thing that you cant jump into cold water without first getting used to it.
EXG9 Wrote:Thats like getting hit by electricity.
I'm not even sure what you're saying anymore.

edit: Yea thanks for the explanation, but I still don't see the connection to the whole thing about people just doing it without donating etc.
Thanks given by:
For the record, ALSA is one of the better charities: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cf...orgid=3296

You can't really b*tch about them as you can about other charities people donate to.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
good insight on the debate imo:
Thanks given by: Lauli
Yin, if you're willing to give clean water to those guys, I can give you my bucket, so you can transport it to, let's say, Africa.
I don't see your point. If there was a possibility to transport these water buckets, ppl would do that - but there is not.
Go, carry this water so they can survive.

The initiative is fine. If someone's willing to donate - nice, otherwise - he at least pushes the charity further, promoting it.

I thought we are living in the free world.
Thanks given by:
(08-28-2014, 07:32 AM)Gad Wrote:  Yin, if you're willing to give clean water to those guys, I can give you my bucket, so you can transport it to, let's say, Africa.
I don't see your point. If there was a possibility to transport these water buckets, ppl would do that - but there is not.
Go, carry this water so they can survive.
That's not exactly the point. It's more about being more careful with your resources - but really I'm not saying you shouldn't do it precisely because of what you are pointing out. Just raising some awareness about lots of people actually in need to walk far for water that isn't even clean. Just like the challenge itself raises awareness.

(08-28-2014, 07:32 AM)Gad Wrote:  I thought we are living in the free world.
That's an illusion. How free are you really?
Thanks given by:
yea i agree with gad. this can spread out the awareness so more people will donate money. so the initiative is good.

it has its bad side that it promotes misusing of resources, becaouse clean water is not infinite but it's being reduced day by day.
Thanks given by: