Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LF2 for iPhone
Hi,

I'm a german iOS developer. I want to develop Little Fighter 2 for iPhone and then for Android.
I have already began to develop the game and the base things are working (attack, defense, walk, run, hurt, super attacks, multiplayer with game center).
I want to ask Marti Wong (the developer of Little Fighter 2), if I can use his sprites. What do you think about it?
I wrote him to his LF2 mail address, but he didn't answer.
Do somebody know an actual mail address of Marti?

With best regards,
Patrick
Thanks given by: Memento , Bamboori , Rhino.Freak , Null Byte , Conqueror
Try every other communication channel (blog/website/facebook/forum/...)
Thanks given by:
As long as you don't want to charge money for this game and also you give credit, nobody should be mad cause of this.

Anyway.. how do you plan to control characters with touchpad, that seems kinda crazy.
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak
sounds great!
in fact you are not the only one developing lf2 anew (although you seem to be way ahead of the others).
i guess you will use touch buttons.
my suggestions:
give the option of using bluetooth gamepads and/or keyboards, also give the player the option to choose between a touch-dpad and a touch-analog pad (at a certain value running would be activated).
also, give us some more info! :D
Thanks given by:
I agree with Gad, just give credits and go for it! :)
Best of luck!
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
bout the controls, has anyone here played Dark Avenger on android before? it has controls which i think might fit lf2...
it has a joystick that appear when you touch the left side of the screen for movement, and moves located at the bottom right corner.
we can mimic those controls.

or we can have the movement keys visible on the bottom right too, like an old school PS2 controller.
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by:
Thank you for your positive feedback and your help.
I use a virtual touchpad at the bottom left side and the three Buttons (attack, jump, defense) at the bottom right side.
Yes, I support already game controller (for example: Logitech Powershell, Steelseries).

Additional features are the support of Airplay. When you have a Apple TV, you can make mirror screening and than you see the game on the TV and the virtual game controller on your iphone or you use the game controller.

The other features is the easy possibility to make multiplayer games with game center with up to 4 players. When you connect the possibility of Airplay and multiplayer game, you can play with up to 4 players at one TV (like a console game).

I tried every mail address of Marti Wong, but he didn't answer me. I don't know.

I want to have permission of the developer of the sprites, that's why I consider, if I use characters of your forum.
Then I have to ask the creator of the sprites, to use the sprites. Thank you for your support.
Thanks given by:
try facebook or contact mh-razen. I think hes still in contact with marti sometimes.
Thanks given by:
I did search on lfe for lf2 for android and found this thread http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...or+android you can use this as a base
Thanks given by: Conqueror
Any news Klippenpat? Did you manage to get in contact with Marti? And are the custom characters working on your version?

I think it would be great if you could give us an update, perhaps with a little video or some screenshots on your progress. It's cool what you're trying to do here :)
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: