Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirror Sprites
I am completely lost. I have not even the most reasonable, tiniest clue on what I should do.

Mirrored sprites.

I got hit by nostalgia to download some stuff to this neat game, mostly Reinforced and something else. The problem is. The sprites don't turn left.

I tried almost EVERYTHING I believe. But mirroring sprites won't work, both on 2.0a and 1.9c. It just doesn't read them, The Sprite Mirrorer doesn't work at all and I am really not up to mirroring about 200 files. Mirroring the mirrors so it's namehere_mirror_mirror doesn't work either. Somebody help me or I will lose my mind.

What I should do? Step from step, very detailed steps.

Also, I have no clue where I should make the thread so I made it here. If this is wrong place, please move it to more fitting one.
Thanks given by:
Use my A-Bitmap Mirrorer:
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=8902
Just place it at the directory of your sprites and run it. It has one disadvantage that it will mirror the faces too :P (since it doesn't really read any .dat file).
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
..... After installing Reinforced LF2:

On 2.0a it makes an error and thus doesn't mirror everything. Can't tell what error.

On 1.9c however, it mirrors everything perfectly BUT THE SPRITES IN GAME STILL WON'T FLIP.

LIKE HOLY JESUS COME ON I JUST WANT TO PLAY REINFORCED
Thanks given by:
AH! I need the error :P. It should have been saved in a .log file in that directory, so send me that if possible.
LF2 1.9c doesn't read mirror files anyway. I assume its the same game running on both versions? If yes, then consider just moving the mirrored ones in the 1.9c version into the 2.0a version.

Thanks given by:
Reinstalled 2.0a again and my mind is now f***ing blown away.

Some sprites were already mirrored, Reinforced exe was already in the folder even if it shouldn't be. The error did NOT happen yet the game still doesn't flip the sprites.

If I understood you properly, I went into 1.9c sprites, selected every single mirror sprite sheet, copied it, went to 2.0a sprite folder and pasted them there. Effect is this same.
Thanks given by:
I'm not understanding..

2.0a already has mirrored sprites and why would the R-LF2 exe be in the installation for LF2 v2.0a?

Also R-LF2 is basically v1.9c so it wouldn't flip sprites. You would need to use the 2.0a exe. That's the only one that flips sprites.
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 04:33 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  I'm not understanding..

2.0a already has mirrored sprites and why would the R-LF2 exe be in the installation for LF2 v2.0a?

Also R-LF2 is basically v1.9c so it wouldn't flip sprites. You would need to use the 2.0a exe. That's the only one that flips sprites.

Reinstalled both 2.0a and reinforced and just ran the version.

Problem still exists, the sprites just don't f***ing turn left and it's driving me insane.
Thanks given by:
Oh I see now! R-LF2 still has its own exe (which is a 1.9 version).

@Regebob: Regardless of the name of the folder, the R-LF2's exe is still a 1.9c. 1.9c won't load mirrored sprites even if they existed.
Thus, can't be done.

Edit: @bashs: R-LF2 uses its own modified exe which is a 1.9c version. 2.0a will and does read the mirrored sprites.

Thanks given by:
That is really odd. The whole point of 2.0a was to fix that issue. IDK why 2.0a wouldn't flip the sprites.
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 04:45 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  Oh I see now! R-LF2 still has its own exe (which is a 1.9 version).

@Regebob: Regardless of the name of the folder, the R-LF2's exe is still a 1.9c. 1.9c won't load mirrored sprites even if they existed.
Thus, can't be done.

Edit: @bashs: R-LF2 uses its own modified exe which is a 1.9c version. 2.0a will and does read the mirrored sprites.

So how do I deal with this?
Thanks given by: