Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfinished Characters
This is off-topic, but I really feel the need to critique the animation presented.
That animation looks fluent, but the positioning is just off. How does someone swing in front of them and magically end up with their weapon behind them and holding it as if he didn't even let go? Also, while he's spinning: when he faces forward during the spin it looks fine. However, when he faces away we see his arms still cover his scythe (it looks like it's running through his shoulder, ouch...). The scythe is too high up.
[Image: uc7038T.png]
Unless those are some sort of holders that are running through the handle (which wouldn't make sense anyway), this doesn't even look right at all.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
(07-23-2014, 06:58 PM)Bat Tamer Wrote:  This is off-topic, but I really feel the need to critique the animation presented.
That animation looks fluent, but the positioning is just off. How does someone swing in front of them and magically end up with their weapon behind them and holding it as if he didn't even let go? Also, while he's spinning: when he faces forward during the spin it looks fine. However, when he faces away we see his arms still cover his scythe (it looks like it's running through his shoulder, ouch...). The scythe is too high up.
Unless those are some sort of holders that are running through the handle (which wouldn't make sense anyway), this doesn't even look right at all.

I believe that you want to check everything again. It was always behind when he was flying.
its just bit poortly sprited at some places. Red lines gets covered by black which are arms of this guy.
more like this http://sketchtoy.com/62313652
Thanks given by:
(07-23-2014, 06:28 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  By stiff I ment that its torso almost never bends like this http://sketchtoy.com/62312858
and what bend is this http://sketchtoy.com/62312841
yeah i got it :D

EXG9 Wrote:
Quote: i am also working at the moment on a mod so i don't do always standing sprites
well, when you are posting standing sprites and working almost secretly on a mod, we dont know how it looks like.
its not that secretly i just post it in an other fourm :D

EXG9 Wrote:edit: and just because of this some people will start hating me
we need a bad guy ;)

(07-23-2014, 06:42 PM)Gad Wrote:  @ JoHo
A Broptip:
whats a broptip ? :P

Gad Wrote:All you're lacking is exactly what was JustMe all about... you're up to this tutorial: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=8004
ESPECIALLY THIS POST: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...#pid152936
or you're up to nothing.
I just want you to read this badly madly carefully and understand the rules. Your sprites can reach high level, sicne you are drawing them really nice and detailed, but you still have to work over the shapes and poses.
The tutorial by JustMe is probably one of most needed on this phorums, sadly he doesn't come here often for now.
Once again - good luck and keep it up.
yeah, i will read it like over 9000 times :D

(07-23-2014, 07:18 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  
(07-23-2014, 06:58 PM)Bat Tamer Wrote:  This is off-topic, but I really feel the need to critique the animation presented.
I believe that you want to check everything again. It was always behind when he was flying.
its just bit poortly sprited at some places. Red lines gets covered by black which are arms of this guy.
more like this http://sketchtoy.com/62313652
yeah it is a bit too high but i wont change it, nobody will see it ingame so yeah :P
[Image: ZHkICNr.png][Image: adGT3Xm.png]
Thanks given by: Gespenst
(07-23-2014, 07:27 PM)JoHo15 Wrote:  
(07-23-2014, 06:42 PM)Gad Wrote:  @ JoHo
A Broptip:
whats a broptip ? :P
TYPO!!! i meant 'brotip' like an piece of an advice from a Bro/brother/dude/colegue/mate/friend

(07-23-2014, 07:27 PM)JoHo15 Wrote:  yeah, i will read it like over 9000 times :D
You better do.

(07-23-2014, 07:27 PM)JoHo15 Wrote:  yeah it is a bit too high but i wont change it, nobody will see it ingame so yeah :P
Never say such a thing. Every detail is really important. Don't leave mistakes, if you see them. I agree, that sometimes somethings are not really visable, but if somebody points them out you should take rid of them. This is just another brotip to become a challanging spriter. B|
Unless u just meant, that it will be fixed in the game. I just got confused what did you mean.

Thanks given by:
Gad Wrote:TYPO!!! i meant 'brotip' like an piece of an advice from a Bro/brother/dude/colegue/mate/friend
i thought already on something like that :P

Gad Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 07:27 PM)JoHo15 Wrote:  yeah, i will read it like over 9000 times :D
You better do.
i already read it once :D

Gad Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 07:27 PM)JoHo15 Wrote:  yeah it is a bit too high but i wont change it, nobody will see it ingame so yeah :P
Never say such a thing. Every detail is really important. Don't leave mistakes, if you see them. I agree, that sometimes somethings are not really visable, but if somebody points them out you should take rid of them. This is just another brotip to become a challanging spriter. B|
Unless u just meant, that it will be fixed in the game. I just got confused what did you mean.
i mean that i don't change it, because if i would change every mistakes i saw, i wouldn't get finished a character...
but yeah if you give me that brotip i must change it, i can't allow that your brotips get useless :P

[Image: ZHkICNr.png][Image: adGT3Xm.png]
Thanks given by: