Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downtime III
LFE was down for 5 minutes just now. ZOMG!!!!!!!!
Everyone was crying in IRC

just wanted to let the people who didn't experience this 2nd downtime the hell we went through in those 5 minutes.
Thanks given by: Dr. Time , Bamboori , Conqueror
(07-20-2014, 06:40 AM)Conqueror Wrote:  Downtime 1 > 1 day:)
Downtime 2 > 2 days:(
Downtime 3 > 7 days!!Mad
Downtime 4 > ¿¿¿ days (if have) Shock
@Ramond(edit): didnt thought of that:p
Downtime 4 > 5 mins. :P
@ramond: thought of that now :D

Thanks given by:
(07-22-2014, 04:46 PM)Appendix Wrote:  
(07-20-2014, 06:40 AM)Conqueror Wrote:  Downtime 1 > 1 day:)
Downtime 2 > 2 days:(
Downtime 3 > 7 days!!Mad
Downtime 4 > ¿¿¿ days (if have) Shock
@Ramond(edit): didnt thought of that:p
Downtime 4 > 5 mins. :P
@ramond: thought of that now :D

Then, Downtime IIIII will be 24 day's :P

Anyway, everyone, if LFE is down again, go here.

webchat.freenode.net

Channel: #LFE

- Amadis
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
Question to BP, is there anything like informing with sending messages to emails that downtime is here or comming?

edit: I deleted some content because it was kind a childish and might offensive in some way.
Useful
Thanks given by:
(07-22-2014, 05:14 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  Question to BP, is there anything like informing with sending messages to emails that downtime is here or comming?
I notice about downtimes as soon as anyone. No messages sent to me alerting me of them apart form concerned users. Also, there is no chance to tell when this is going to happen. As for those 5 minutes of madness, there was nothing informing me beforehand or any explanation from the host whatsoever.

(07-22-2014, 05:14 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  edit: I deleted some content because it was kind a childish and might offensive in some way.
...ok?
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Conqueror
Downtime not worth of a new thread. Just giving a little heads-up what happened yesterday (Spoiler: HFE's fault again):
  • Due to the host complaining about always having the latest updates of anything installed, I went ahead and, after the last downtime, installed a fresh copy of Joomla 3 on the HFE-server. Its path was hidden from public, so accessing it was only possible via lucky accidents or bruteforcing or a different method I cannot recall right now.
  • Strangely, even though this was, in fact, the very latest release of Joomla, it still got compromised. The rest is the same as always. Compromised bit starts sending spam, host notices this, host blocks the whole account (aka. everything LFE & HFE), we're down again.
  • I don't really have that much time to care about these things (and neither does MH), so we have settled with the most failproof thing: locking the filespace.
    For those that don't recall what this is about: it won't be possible to upload attachments or change avatars as long as this lock is active (which will probably be active for quite a while until I can get back at sorting things out).

Any solution you have is more than welcome and will definitely be considered when getting fully back.

Thanks given by:
damn having a server means dealing with lots of sh*t like that.. :/
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I experienced it..
At the lower part, something was written in german
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2014, 08:33 AM)Appendix Wrote:  At the lower part, something was written in german

The host is german and (at least that was new!) instead of plainly giving the good ol' 403, they decided on telling the world that the account has been locked down or something like that.

Thanks given by:
Which is really great. You could ask them if you could write up your own simple fall back page denoting that lfe/hfe is down.
Thanks given by: